kitless syno questions

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I have converted synovex a number of times using A's kit, but wanted to try it without a kit.I have read every post i can find concerning converting synovex without a kit and have a few questions. First, i've only found one description of how much sodium hydroxide to use, which described how to make the powder into a saturated solution. Is there any rule of thumb when it comes to how much? Second, I've read a few different sets of instructions that are about the same, but differ in the amount of time you need to let the Naoh sit in the dissolved pellets before you filter out the test. With the kit I used, it was a day or two, or long enough to let the methanol evaporate. I've seen instr. that say let it sit an hour,no more no less, and also seen tham that say sit overnite. Anyone got a solid answer on how long and why? I've read that A's kits were a bit overkill, but he always seemed to know his stuff, even though he's tempermental to say the least. Lastly, I would also appreciate comments/tips from anyone here with experience making this stuff without a kit.

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
Very good post on this by skye stickied at the top of this forum. Without a A's or D's estro. "solublizer" you'll end up with test base but I assume you already know this. I can't tell you the exact time frame it takes for the reaction to take place but I'm sure more time is given in some instances just to insure completeness for everyone making an attempt at the reaction with different variables at play. I don't think you'll get any kind of over reaction with the test base so I would just follow the instructions and let it sit for about 24 hours. good luck!