The mental aspects of anabolics, supplements and training...

1. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

The mental aspects of anabolics, supplements and training...

I realize that everyone's body reacts differently to different things and that different things work differently for everyone... However, one thing that I do know is that the mind can be very tricky when it comes to all supplements and training... Some of the reviews and logs I read I can definitely see where the mind plays tricks on people... It happens to us all... What seperates the people that are most successful with ANYTHING, is being in control when it comes to your MIND... In many cases, people tend to think WAAAYYYY too much whether positive or negative when it comes to anything... KEEP IN MIND, that you cannot be too much in a hurry when it comes to seeing results... Of course, some people will see results quicker than others and there may be a "majority" that sees the same things happening but there is always a chance that you are not in the "majority..." Sometimes things may take you a bit longer... The key is to stick things out and give things a chance... Don't be in too much of a hurry with things... You have to let them work themselves out... Sometimes you can make yourself believe you are feeling positive things as well and be extra strong just because your mind is telling you its something your takig... This is a goo dthing but its important to realize what it is that you are doing and remember it so that you keep making gains...

Its like athletes... Lets take basketball for example... If you take them and break them down you will have different groups... You will have the Elite... then the all-stars... then the guys that have "potential" but stay on the bench more than they play... What seperates the elite from the others isn't neccessarily their ability... ITS THEIR MIND.. They are the mentally toughest, they handle pressure and their MIND gets them through thihgs... Some of the other players actually may even have more ability and more capabilities than the others but they are mentally weak and therefore cannot ever be elite...

The same goes with your training and your supplements... The anabolics and the supplements will obviously help you get more results at a faster pace, but your MIND will make it work to the fullest... The more mentally strong and focused you are, the better your results will be... DO NOT LET YOUR MIND tell you something is not working and let it get you down... Just keep pushing through, give things time, stay motivated, focused and believe and I GURANTEE you that you will make the progress you want...

The anabolics and the supps will work... Some quicker for others... Just remember... Always KNOW and BELIEVE they will and you will become everything that you want to become!

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Yup. I agree. I find that the mind can push us through a lot. Many times the slumps are just us being lazy. If we feel happy and motivated our day can turn from bad to good. Mood is very important. No matter how many anabolic supps you take if you don't challenge your body to change nothing will happen. And your mind has a very crucial role in making the body do what it doesn't want to.

Good post sir.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  3. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

thank you for the reply... so many people think they can take a magic pill and things and changes will just occur... you have to have the mental aspect down as well as the physical to truly get the gains that you want... if you have both of these then you are capable of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by mattrag View Post
    Yup. I agree. I find that the mind can push us through a lot. Many times the slumps are just us being lazy. If we feel happy and motivated our day can turn from bad to good. Mood is very important. No matter how many anabolic supps you take if you don't challenge your body to change nothing will happen. And your mind has a very crucial role in making the body do what it doesn't want to.

Good post sir.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Great post and very true! Well done!
  5. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Thank you! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by drinkyboy View Post
    Great post and very true! Well done!
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Nice post bro. I agree the power of the mind is amazing, controlling it can lead to great sessions in the gym. My philosophy is just embrace the positivity.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

I can sum it up in one sentence: Your intensity at the gym will dictate your lifting results.

I truly believe that, and it's amazing to see how low most people set their limits.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by owlicks
    I can sum it up in one sentence: Your intensity at the gym will dictate your lifting results.

I truly believe that, and it's amazing to see how low most people set their limits.
    Bingo! My gym partner has the least faith in himself when we lift. He has one facial expression and that's NONE. I always tell him he better grind that out and he always racks it. Then he proceeds to tell me how he isn't getting stronger. I always hear "well I got 10 reps". His last rep always looks like his first! Kid has no determination or willpower whatsoever. I'm about to can him because he's actually holding me back. Doesn't have a motivated bone in his body! I'm glad others see this as a problem and its rampant!
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  192 lbs.

Yeah u gotta drop him bro. A great training partner adds to your workouts drastically. Its all about testing your body's limit, gotta have that "one more rep" mentality.
  10. Banned
    Stats
    6'1"  175 lbs.

Thats exactly right... The main thing that is of most mportance is NOT RELYING ON SOMEONE ELSE for motivation... I lift alone because honestly, its a hinderance to me to lift with anyone else because NOONE can motivate me like myself and I am not going to lack in my lifting to motivate someone else... When I am "working" as a trainer then that is different, but on my time, its all me... You have to piece it all together... The effort, the determination, the diet, the supplements, the right workout... THE MIND... You do all of that and I GURANTEE you will get all the results that you are looking for!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by dylangemelli View Post
    Thats exactly right... The main thing that is of most mportance is NOT RELYING ON SOMEONE ELSE for motivation... I lift alone because honestly, its a hinderance to me to lift with anyone else because NOONE can motivate me like myself and I am not going to lack in my lifting to motivate someone else... When I am "working" as a trainer then that is different, but on my time, its all me... You have to piece it all together... The effort, the determination, the diet, the supplements, the right workout... THE MIND... You do all of that and I GURANTEE you will get all the results that you are looking for!
    I work out alone too, but I would suggest working out with someone stronger than you at some point. If you both know what you're doing, but can compete with one another it can be pretty fun/inspirational.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by owlicks View Post
    I work out alone too, but I would suggest working out with someone stronger than you at some point. If you both know what you're doing, but can compete with one another it can be pretty fun/inspirational.
    As long as the guy doesnt CRUSH your spirit. The guy I lift with (once a week we do a combined session), is about 1.5x stronger than me. Squats almost 500lbs, deadlifts 500, benches around 350... This guy is crazy strong....Sometimes it makes me so sad when we have to take off like half the weight for me... and his warm ups are my max effort sets... But yes, I must say I have done both alone and with someone. The days that you feel beat or are slightly less motivated, the extra person helps keep you honest. Even if they arent' as strong as you, or as motivated. Feeding off the energy of working out sometimes brings out that competitive nature in us that will ultimately motivate us to perform.
    RecoverBro ELITE
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-03-2011, 02:43 PM
  2. Supplements that dudes on anabolics like
    By kingdong in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 06:12 PM
  3. supplements / anabolics while injured?
    By protoculture in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2011, 07:30 PM
  4. Mass Stack supplements? Pro-anabolics??
    By wideguy88 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
  5. Certain anabolics,supplements , Healthy or Unhealthy
    By John Smeton in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-04-2006, 08:52 PM