"over-aspiration" ?

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
I've been a bit paranoid ever since I aspirated twice and injected and got a very bad coughing fit for about 5 minutes.

However, I now aspirate about three times. I almost always get a tiny bit of blood. Is that anything to worry about? I figured i'm just screwing up by screwing around with it that much. I'm holding it extra steady but still... I figure if you pin through all that tissue... you're going to get at least a small drop of blood.

comments?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
the coughing fit didn't come from the aspriation... it is just one of the things with tren.. any way, did the blood come up in the barrel or just after your removed the pin?

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
no, when I aspirate the third time, it usually comes up then...but not a lot, just like a drop...enough to see but not enough to where you know you've really hit something obvious...

I know when I hit something with good size...it's obvious. I aspirate and boom, there it is...this is more like, I aspirate, aspirate again and then aspirate a third time and get a drop or two...I'm theorizing that it's just from the pin hole penetrating that deep...there's going to be some kind of blood there if I wait long enough with f***ing around with it like that...what do you think?

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
I think you are right... sounds like a bit of overkill to me.

ManBeast

size

Awards
  • Established
One slight pull on the plunger and a steady hand is enough.

crazydoc1

Awards
If your in a vein or an artery---- you'll sure as **** know it with a slight pull.....

One aspiration on patients... I'll admit to two on myself.... 3 seems very uneccessary.

JerseyDevil

Awards
The pressure in a vein is a lot higher then inside the syringe. If you just slightly pull back on the plunger, and you are in a vein, blood will come rushing in. No need to aspirate over, and over.

Slowpain

Awards
Thats funny, I am guilty of doing the same thing, I will aspirate about 3 times and get blood also, ive even been known to do it half way through the injection, stupid I know, it just sucks all the oil back in the syringe. overly cautious can be a bad thing...