Classification of Methasterone (Superdrol) as Schedule III Anabolic Steroid under CSA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Classification of Methasterone (Superdrol) as Schedule III Anabolic Steroid under CSA

I was researching the SD alpha/beta structural differences, specifically why the beta isomer would be completely inactive and came across these...

Proposed Rules - 2011 - Classification of Two Steroids, Prostanozol and Methasterone, as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids Under the Controlled Substances Act

Conclusion
    Therefore, based on the above, DEA concludes that prostanozol and methasterone meet the CSA definition of "anabolic steroid" because each substance is: (A) Chemically related to testosterone; (B) pharmacologically related to testosterone; (C) not an estrogen, progestin, or a corticosteroid; and (D) not DHEA (21 U.S.C. 802(41)). All anabolic steroids are classified as Schedule III controlled substances (21 U.S.C. 812). Once a substance is determined to be an anabolic steroid, DEA has no discretion regarding the scheduling of these substances.
    http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1117-AB31

This rule classifies the following two steroids as "anabolic steroids" under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA): prostanozol and methasterone. The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) believes that this action is necessary to prevent the abuse and trafficking of these steroids. If the regulations are amended, these steroids will be listed as schedule III controlled substances subject to the regulatory control provisions of the CSA.
    Federal Register | Classification of Two Steroids, Prostanozol and Methasterone, as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids under the Controlled Substances Act

This rule classifies the following two steroids as "anabolic steroids" under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA): prostanozol and methasterone. The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) believes that this action is necessary to prevent the abuse and trafficking of these steroids. If the regulations are amended, these steroids will be listed as schedule III controlled substances subject to the regulatory control provisions of the CSA.

These are fresh. 1st link is dated Wednesday, November 23, 2011 if I'm reading correctly...

Discuss...

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  198 lbs.
    Answers

The question is when does this go into effect?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

SD has been around a while, and its pretty much the strongest stuff out there. guess its just its time to go
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Was just a matter of time.... hopefully it drops to 19.99, then 14.99 like tren and phera did!!
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  168 lbs.
    Answers

It was only a matter of time. Im backing my rented tractor trailer up to my local supplement store as we speak! Im buying by the pallet....
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  172 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Presa
    It was only a matter of time. Im backing my rented tractor trailer up to my local supplement store as we speak! Im buying by the pallet....
    lol joke right??
  7. Registered User
    Answers

yea, wont be long before peeps start missing their sd. sd and test is king.

i'll probably stock up on some sd, but not to sell later, but to use myself.
  8. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

I posted about this not that long ago

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184260

The FDA was forcing one company to recall and prosecuted another company for selling it. They called it an unapproved drug at the time but it was only a matter of time before it was official but in all reality it was never really legal to begin with.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  200 lbs.
    Answers

yea it was only a matter of time. It's gonna go the way of phera, x tren, etc.. They probably will have it go into effect at the beginning of the new year. Don't quote me on that bc i'm just guessing however there will surely be more news of it to come.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Answers

When methasterone get's banned, it is the nomenclature that get's banned.

5a-androstane = eiotoallocholane = alpha isomer (true Superdrol)

5b-androstane = etiocholane = beta isomer (inactive Superdrol)

What's funny is almost all superdrol clones which are out today are listed as the 5b isomer... which is completely inactive and unable to bind to the androgen receptors. Yet most clones usually produce gains indicating it is the 5a isomer in the bottles and a mislabel on the back. The 5b would also be hard to synthesize and there would never be a reason to make it so whether it even exists is questionable. Mdrol as an example was listed as the 5b isomer and when the consumers were complaining about 5b being weaker than 5a CEL showed RTP labs indicating it to be the true 5a isomer. The listing on the back as 5b was noted as a mislabel.

I'm assuming the nomenclature that will be banned is the 5a isomer and companies knew this--maybe why so many clones had the mislabel of the 5b isomer when in reality it probably doesn't even exist. Whether it will provide some sort of protection is questionable as Superdrol was already in the grey area and how the labelling and 5a/5b isomers will play into all of this in regards to the ban is anybody's guess... I'm also wondering if Superdrol can continue to be sold through some loophole afterwards but I doubt it at this point...
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

... so when's the next mr supps bogo sale??
  12. Pro Virili Parte
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post

What's funny is almost all superdrol clones which are out today are listed as the 5b isomer... which is completely inactive and unable to bind to the androgen receptors. Yet most clones usually produce gains indicating it is the 5a isomer in the bottles and a mislabel on the back. The 5b would also be hard to synthesize and there would never be a reason to make it so whether it even exists is questionable. Mdrol as an example was listed as the 5b isomer and when the consumers were complaining about 5b being weaker than 5a CEL showed RTP labs indicating it to be the true 5a isomer. The listing on the back as 5b was noted as a mislabel.

I'm assuming the nomenclature that will be banned is the 5a isomer and companies knew this--maybe why so many clones had the mislabel of the 5b isomer when in reality it probably doesn't even exist. Whether it will provide some sort of protection is questionable as Superdrol was already in the grey area and how the labelling and 5a/5b isomers will play into all of this in regards to the ban is anybody's guess... I'm also wondering if Superdrol can continue to be sold through some loophole afterwards but I doubt it at this point...
    There is no gray area as it was never really legal. Also it doesnt matter if something is listed as a controlled substance or not in the eyes of the FDA. As you can see iforce was prosecuted over superdrol and found guilty before superdrol was even listed as a controlled substance. Remember superdrol is an active actual steroid.. Far from DSHEA compliant and thus a drug and not dietary supplement so it is classified as a "unapproved new drug" and illegal according to the food, drug and cosmetic act. Companies have just been flying under the radar all these years but the FDA is starting to wise up more recently.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.
    Answers

sd-10 and transform sd extreme are going fast everywhere....PM me with sites if you guys know them!!!
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  195 lbs.
    Answers

OH NOOO! SUPERDROL IS GONNA BE GONE FOREVER!!!! WHAT AREE WE GONNA DO?!?!

...oh yeah...forgot about the UK...problem averted
  15. Yaz
    Answers

I'm also wondering if Superdrol can continue to be sold through some loophole afterwards but I doubt it at this point...
    Most likely just like M1t some UGL will start producing it.
    All information provided by me is for research & entertainment purposes only.
    REP ME !!!
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  235 lbs.
    Answers

Time for me to buy about five bottlEs
    Test e/dbol/epi/winnie
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164764-schwellington-has-been.html
  17. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington
    Lolol That is what I did!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Dont buy it now. just wait until a couple weeks before the ban to stock up for cheap.
  19. Registered User
    Answers

Just bought 3 bottles of iron labs methyl-s for $16 each. Don't know how it can get cheaper than that, well see
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  270 lbs.
    Answers

Glad I just bought a clone recently. Was gonna use it soon...No3w Ill think Ill hold off for a "rainy" day!!!

RECOVERBRO

21. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  207 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Just bought 3 bottles of iron labs methyl-s for $16 each. Don't know how it can get cheaper than that, well see
    yeah 16 bux is as cheap as ive seen it. But i think the bottles are 60 10mg caps instead of 90 tho....
  22. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  180 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b View Post
    Did you get it from a certain orbit? 0_o I believe those are 5mg caps.
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Answers

DEA Wants to Classify Superdrol and Prostanozol as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids
    By Millard Baker ~ source

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) wants to add Superdrol (methasteron) and Prostanozol to the Controlled Substances list. They have argued that these steroid compounds meet the criteria for Schedule III Anabolic Steroids as defined by the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 2004. The proposed rule was published in the Federal Register on November 23, 2011.

The popular Superdrol and Prostanozol have been sold as “dietary supplements” for several years. They have been often marketed as “prohormones” or “pro-steroid” supplements.

Superdrol and Prostanozol are not currently legally defined as an anabolic steroids under the Controlled Substances Act. However, this never necessarily made it legal for sports nutrition companies to market and distribute these steroids as dietary supplements.

These particular steroidal compounds did not meet the definition of a dietary supplement under the Dietary Health and Supplement Education Act.

The DEA’s proposed new rule comes just after Anabolic Resources, Inc., doing business as Anabolic Xtreme, pleaded guilty to a felony charge involving Superdrol. The company admitted that Superdrol was fraudulently marketed as a dietary supplement when it was a synthetic steroid. The company was sentenced to paying a $500,000 fine.

Anabolic Resources was only one of the most recent company pursued by the federal government for illegally selling prohormone and steroidal ingredients as dietary supplements.

Numerous other supplement companies, such as Advanced Muscle Science”, “Culver Concepts”, “Bradley Asgard”, “Bjorklund”, “Axis Labs”, “IForce Nutrition” and “American Cellular Labs”, have also pleaded guilty to illegally selling steroid compounds that were really “unapproved new drugs” or “misbranded drugs”.

The DEA’s proposed rule to legally reclassify Superdrol and Prostanozol as “anabolic steroids” is yet another indicator that the federal government is serious about removing steroid compounds from the supplement marketplace.
  24. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Answers

IMO the DEA is shafting us, I have two clones left good thing. Might need to buy a few more to stock up on, to consider SD a type III is just redicolous. Interesting point chocolatemilk, on the nomenclature. Both of my clones are 5B, and to consider them not a true SD conversion is wrong. I have Methastadrol and Mdrol both 5B, but the companies must be misprinting on purpose to protect this great chemical. Great thread chocalatemilk!
  25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by schwellington View Post
    Lmao, I am on the same sh*t. I got two in stock, let me know if you see some crazy sales going!
  26. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827

yeah 16 bux is as cheap as ive seen it. But i think the bottles are 60 10mg caps instead of 90 tho....
    Actually less, 90 5mg caps, but its good stuff.
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  250 lbs.
    Answers

Well I guess I can get more haha.
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b

Actually less, 90 5mg caps, but its good stuff.
    Wow! Found forged sd extreme for cheap, but limited reviews. Thoughts on it? You're opinion has always been valued!!
  29. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gymrat827

Wait... so $16 for 450mg sd would be like $32 for a bottle of mdrol... still not bad, but there's still cheaper. Anyone try methyl depot by gat? Lol times limited, need answers before sd is $70 like mdrol atm
  30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.
    Answers

time to consider dropping the orals and using actual test...
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  196 lbs.
    Answers

Dynamic Formula's M-Stane is 19.95 consistantly. Solid SD as i've run it before.

I have 4 bottles of LGI SD-10 and i feel like the M-Stane was more powerfull. So when i buy more i'll be picking up M-Stane for sure.
    ~ Serious Nutrition Solutions ~
    Revolutionizing Nutrition, AND your body!
    Rhadam [@] seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  220 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadam
    Dynamic Formula's M-Stane is 19.95 consistantly. Solid SD as i've run it before.

I have 4 bottles of LGI SD-10 and i feel like the M-Stane was more powerfull. So when i buy more i'll be picking up M-Stane for sure.
    Agreed. It's legit. I felt like complete crap by week 4, that's how you know it's working haha
  33. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  225 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jamesm11 View Post
    Agreed. It's legit. I felt like complete crap by week 4, that's how you know it's working haha
    Definately true, I have had great results with Methastadrol. Although, some people have mixed reviews I have ran two bottles with complete success. 26$ for 90 pills is reasonable too.
  34. Registered User
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gotta get big View Post
    Wait... so $16 for 450mg sd would be like $32 for a bottle of mdrol... still not bad, but there's still cheaper. Anyone try methyl depot by gat? Lol times limited, need answers before sd is $70 like mdrol atm
    methyldepot by gat sucks and is bunk.

forged sd extreme is gtg.

i went with ironmag labs because i prefered the 5mg tabs. it was a tough decision, but i've ran heavy dosages of sd enough.

and na, dont drop the orals, just add in test.
  35. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  0 lbs.
    Answers

The FDA doesn't go by labels it seems. They would probably have the product tested to verify what it contains and if said ingredient is different from the label they could just as easily accuse them of mislabelling. The fact that we see designers as a loophole, is what is causing all this company hunting that the FDA is starting to pursue again. There was never a loophole

And I don't see evidence for the complete anabolic/androgenic inactivity of the 5b-isomer of superdrol. I would agree it is highly inactive, but maybe not entirely. I realize you were just regurgitating what has been said over and over. Reps for the original post choc.
    Antaeus Rep
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by gaijininjapan
    time to consider dropping the orals and using actual test...
    Wish it was more available man
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jbryand101b

methyldepot by gat sucks and is bunk.

forged sd extreme is gtg.

i went with ironmag labs because i prefered the 5mg tabs. it was a tough decision, but i've ran heavy dosages of sd enough.

and na, dont drop the orals, just add in test.
    Thanks
  38. Registered User
    Answers

Edited by me...
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Answers

Lol...

14 methastradrol
    4 60ml Nolva
    3 x tren
    1 phera
    4 Ultradrol
    1 30ml letro
    1/2 bottle mdrol
    1 60ml clen
  40. mw1
    Sponsor
    Board Sponsor
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JudoJosh View Post
    There is no gray area as it was never really legal. Also it doesnt matter if something is listed as a controlled substance or not in the eyes of the FDA. As you can see iforce was prosecuted over superdrol and found guilty before superdrol was even listed as a controlled substance. Remember superdrol is an active actual steroid.. Far from DSHEA compliant and thus a drug and not dietary supplement so it is classified as a "unapproved new drug" and illegal according to the food, drug and cosmetic act. Companies have just been flying under the radar all these years but the FDA is starting to wise up more recently.
    Exactly!!!!! This certainly doesnt just target SD , it can be said for all PHs. The FDA is letting the invid. state offices investigate and they have even gone after very small "retailers" -guys that sold 50 bottles over the internet

Quote Originally Posted by Bry17 View Post
    The FDA doesn't go by labels it seems. They would probably have the product tested to verify what it contains and if said ingredient is different from the label they could just as easily accuse them of mislabelling. The fact that we see designers as a loophole, is what is causing all this company hunting that the FDA is starting to pursue again. There was never a loophole

And I don't see evidence for the complete anabolic/androgenic inactivity of the 5b-isomer of superdrol. I would agree it is highly inactive, but maybe not entirely. I realize you were just regurgitating what has been said over and over. Reps for the original post choc.
    The mislabeling is what will doom many companies in the future. These products are either unapproved drugs or mislabeled....either way u are f8cked

Serious Nutrition Solution ~~

mw at seriousnutritionsolutions dot com
    Cycle Assist $23.50 shipped http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...edge-labs.html
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 07:54 AM
  2. Methasterone Cut Log
    By brywal312 in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-28-2007, 03:18 PM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-28-2007, 07:56 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2006, 10:52 PM