Classification of Methasterone (Superdrol) as Schedule III Anabolic Steroid under CSA

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was researching the SD alpha/beta structural differences, specifically why the beta isomer would be completely inactive and came across these...

Proposed Rules - 2011 - Classification of Two Steroids, Prostanozol and Methasterone, as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids Under the Controlled Substances Act

Conclusion
Therefore, based on the above, DEA concludes that prostanozol and methasterone meet the CSA definition of "anabolic steroid" because each substance is: (A) Chemically related to testosterone; (B) pharmacologically related to testosterone; (C) not an estrogen, progestin, or a corticosteroid; and (D) not DHEA (21 U.S.C. 802(41)). All anabolic steroids are classified as Schedule III controlled substances (21 U.S.C. 812). Once a substance is determined to be an anabolic steroid, DEA has no discretion regarding the scheduling of these substances.
http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAgendaViewRule?pu*****201104&RIN=1117-AB31

This rule classifies the following two steroids as "anabolic steroids" under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA): prostanozol and methasterone. The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) believes that this action is necessary to prevent the abuse and trafficking of these steroids. If the regulations are amended, these steroids will be listed as schedule III controlled substances subject to the regulatory control provisions of the CSA.
Federal Register | Classification of Two Steroids, Prostanozol and Methasterone, as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids under the Controlled Substances Act

This rule classifies the following two steroids as "anabolic steroids" under the Controlled Substances Act (CSA): prostanozol and methasterone. The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) believes that this action is necessary to prevent the abuse and trafficking of these steroids. If the regulations are amended, these steroids will be listed as schedule III controlled substances subject to the regulatory control provisions of the CSA.

These are fresh. 1st link is dated Wednesday, November 23, 2011 if I'm reading correctly...

Discuss...

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
The question is when does this go into effect?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
SD has been around a while, and its pretty much the strongest stuff out there. guess its just its time to go

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
Was just a matter of time.... hopefully it drops to 19.99, then 14.99 like tren and phera did!!

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
It was only a matter of time. Im backing my rented tractor trailer up to my local supplement store as we speak! Im buying by the pallet....

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, wont be long before peeps start missing their sd. sd and test is king.

i'll probably stock up on some sd, but not to sell later, but to use myself.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I posted about this not that long ago

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184260

The FDA was forcing one company to recall and prosecuted another company for selling it. They called it an unapproved drug at the time but it was only a matter of time before it was official but in all reality it was never really legal to begin with.

kbtoy31

kbtoy31

Awards
  • Established
yea it was only a matter of time. It's gonna go the way of phera, x tren, etc.. They probably will have it go into effect at the beginning of the new year. Don't quote me on that bc i'm just guessing however there will surely be more news of it to come.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When methasterone get's banned, it is the nomenclature that get's banned.

5a-androstane = eiotoallocholane = alpha isomer (true Superdrol)

5b-androstane = etiocholane = beta isomer (inactive Superdrol)

What's funny is almost all superdrol clones which are out today are listed as the 5b isomer... which is completely inactive and unable to bind to the androgen receptors. Yet most clones usually produce gains indicating it is the 5a isomer in the bottles and a mislabel on the back. The 5b would also be hard to synthesize and there would never be a reason to make it so whether it even exists is questionable. Mdrol as an example was listed as the 5b isomer and when the consumers were complaining about 5b being weaker than 5a CEL showed RTP labs indicating it to be the true 5a isomer. The listing on the back as 5b was noted as a mislabel.

I'm assuming the nomenclature that will be banned is the 5a isomer and companies knew this--maybe why so many clones had the mislabel of the 5b isomer when in reality it probably doesn't even exist. Whether it will provide some sort of protection is questionable as Superdrol was already in the grey area and how the labelling and 5a/5b isomers will play into all of this in regards to the ban is anybody's guess... I'm also wondering if Superdrol can continue to be sold through some loophole afterwards but I doubt it at this point...

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

What's funny is almost all superdrol clones which are out today are listed as the 5b isomer... which is completely inactive and unable to bind to the androgen receptors. Yet most clones usually produce gains indicating it is the 5a isomer in the bottles and a mislabel on the back. The 5b would also be hard to synthesize and there would never be a reason to make it so whether it even exists is questionable. Mdrol as an example was listed as the 5b isomer and when the consumers were complaining about 5b being weaker than 5a CEL showed RTP labs indicating it to be the true 5a isomer. The listing on the back as 5b was noted as a mislabel.

I'm assuming the nomenclature that will be banned is the 5a isomer and companies knew this--maybe why so many clones had the mislabel of the 5b isomer when in reality it probably doesn't even exist. Whether it will provide some sort of protection is questionable as Superdrol was already in the grey area and how the labelling and 5a/5b isomers will play into all of this in regards to the ban is anybody's guess... I'm also wondering if Superdrol can continue to be sold through some loophole afterwards but I doubt it at this point...
There is no gray area as it was never really legal. Also it doesnt matter if something is listed as a controlled substance or not in the eyes of the FDA. As you can see iforce was prosecuted over superdrol and found guilty before superdrol was even listed as a controlled substance. Remember superdrol is an active actual steroid.. Far from DSHEA compliant and thus a drug and not dietary supplement so it is classified as a "unapproved new drug" and illegal according to the food, drug and cosmetic act. Companies have just been flying under the radar all these years but the FDA is starting to wise up more recently.

DonnyG

DonnyG

Awards
  • Established
sd-10 and transform sd extreme are going fast everywhere....PM me with sites if you guys know them!!!

hard iron

hard iron

Awards
  • Established
OH NOOO! SUPERDROL IS GONNA BE GONE FOREVER!!!! WHAT AREE WE GONNA DO?!?!

...oh yeah...forgot about the UK...problem averted :djparty:

Yaz

Yaz

Awards
I'm also wondering if Superdrol can continue to be sold through some loophole afterwards but I doubt it at this point...
Most likely just like M1t some UGL will start producing it.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time for me to buy about five bottlEs

bombers

Awards
Dont buy it now. just wait until a couple weeks before the ban to stock up for cheap.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just bought 3 bottles of iron labs methyl-s for $16 each. Don't know how it can get cheaper than that, well see

JoHNnyNuTZ

JoHNnyNuTZ

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad I just bought a clone recently. Was gonna use it soon...No3w Ill think Ill hold off for a "rainy" day!!!

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Just bought 3 bottles of iron labs methyl-s for $16 each. Don't know how it can get cheaper than that, well see
yeah 16 bux is as cheap as ive seen it. But i think the bottles are 60 10mg caps instead of 90 tho....

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
DEA Wants to Classify Superdrol and Prostanozol as Schedule III Anabolic Steroids
By Millard Baker ~ source

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) wants to add Superdrol (methasteron) and Prostanozol to the Controlled Substances list. They have argued that these steroid compounds meet the criteria for Schedule III Anabolic Steroids as defined by the Anabolic Steroids Control Act of 2004. The proposed rule was published in the Federal Register on November 23, 2011.

The popular Superdrol and Prostanozol have been sold as “dietary supplements” for several years. They have been often marketed as “prohormones” or “pro-steroid” supplements.

Superdrol and Prostanozol are not currently legally defined as an anabolic steroids under the Controlled Substances Act. However, this never necessarily made it legal for sports nutrition companies to market and distribute these steroids as dietary supplements.

These particular steroidal compounds did not meet the definition of a dietary supplement under the Dietary Health and Supplement Education Act.

The DEA’s proposed new rule comes just after Anabolic Resources, Inc., doing business as Anabolic Xtreme, pleaded guilty to a felony charge involving Superdrol. The company admitted that Superdrol was fraudulently marketed as a dietary supplement when it was a synthetic steroid. The company was sentenced to paying a $500,000 fine.

Anabolic Resources was only one of the most recent company pursued by the federal government for illegally selling prohormone and steroidal ingredients as dietary supplements.

Numerous other supplement companies, such as Advanced Muscle Science”, “Culver Concepts”, “Bradley Asgard”, “Bjorklund”, “Axis Labs”, “IForce Nutrition” and “American Cellular Labs”, have also pleaded guilty to illegally selling steroid compounds that were really “unapproved new drugs” or “misbranded drugs”.

The DEA’s proposed rule to legally reclassify Superdrol and Prostanozol as “anabolic steroids” is yet another indicator that the federal government is serious about removing steroid compounds from the supplement marketplace.

AdtheRock

Awards
IMO the DEA is shafting us, I have two clones left good thing. Might need to buy a few more to stock up on, to consider SD a type III is just redicolous. Interesting point chocolatemilk, on the nomenclature. Both of my clones are 5B, and to consider them not a true SD conversion is wrong. I have Methastadrol and Mdrol both 5B, but the companies must be misprinting on purpose to protect this great chemical. Great thread chocalatemilk!

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
yeah 16 bux is as cheap as ive seen it. But i think the bottles are 60 10mg caps instead of 90 tho....
Wait... so $16 for 450mg sd would be like $32 for a bottle of mdrol... still not bad, but there's still cheaper. Anyone try methyl depot by gat? Lol times limited, need answers before sd is $70 like mdrol atm

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
time to consider dropping the orals and using actual test...

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dynamic Formula's M-Stane is 19.95 consistantly. Solid SD as i've run it before.

I have 4 bottles of LGI SD-10 and i feel like the M-Stane was more powerfull. So when i buy more i'll be picking up M-Stane for sure.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dynamic Formula's M-Stane is 19.95 consistantly. Solid SD as i've run it before.

I have 4 bottles of LGI SD-10 and i feel like the M-Stane was more powerfull. So when i buy more i'll be picking up M-Stane for sure.
Agreed. It's legit. I felt like complete crap by week 4, that's how you know it's working haha

AdtheRock

Awards
Agreed. It's legit. I felt like complete crap by week 4, that's how you know it's working haha
Definately true, I have had great results with Methastadrol. Although, some people have mixed reviews I have ran two bottles with complete success. 26$ for 90 pills is reasonable too.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wait... so $16 for 450mg sd would be like $32 for a bottle of mdrol... still not bad, but there's still cheaper. Anyone try methyl depot by gat? Lol times limited, need answers before sd is $70 like mdrol atm
methyldepot by gat sucks and is bunk.

forged sd extreme is gtg.

i went with ironmag labs because i prefered the 5mg tabs. it was a tough decision, but i've ran heavy dosages of sd enough.

and na, dont drop the orals, just add in test.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established

The FDA doesn't go by labels it seems. They would probably have the product tested to verify what it contains and if said ingredient is different from the label they could just as easily accuse them of mislabelling. The fact that we see designers as a loophole, is what is causing all this company hunting that the FDA is starting to pursue again. There was never a loophole

And I don't see evidence for the complete anabolic/androgenic inactivity of the 5b-isomer of superdrol. I would agree it is highly inactive, but maybe not entirely. I realize you were just regurgitating what has been said over and over. Reps for the original post choc.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
methyldepot by gat sucks and is bunk.

forged sd extreme is gtg.

i went with ironmag labs because i prefered the 5mg tabs. it was a tough decision, but i've ran heavy dosages of sd enough.

and na, dont drop the orals, just add in test.

gotta get big

Awards
  • Established
Lol...

14 methastradrol
4 60ml Nolva
3 x tren
1 phera
4 Ultradrol
1 30ml letro
1/2 bottle mdrol :(
1 60ml clen

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There is no gray area as it was never really legal. Also it doesnt matter if something is listed as a controlled substance or not in the eyes of the FDA. As you can see iforce was prosecuted over superdrol and found guilty before superdrol was even listed as a controlled substance. Remember superdrol is an active actual steroid.. Far from DSHEA compliant and thus a drug and not dietary supplement so it is classified as a "unapproved new drug" and illegal according to the food, drug and cosmetic act. Companies have just been flying under the radar all these years but the FDA is starting to wise up more recently.
Exactly!!!!! This certainly doesnt just target SD , it can be said for all PHs. The FDA is letting the invid. state offices investigate and they have even gone after very small "retailers" -guys that sold 50 bottles over the internet:(:(

The FDA doesn't go by labels it seems. They would probably have the product tested to verify what it contains and if said ingredient is different from the label they could just as easily accuse them of mislabelling. The fact that we see designers as a loophole, is what is causing all this company hunting that the FDA is starting to pursue again. There was never a loophole

And I don't see evidence for the complete anabolic/androgenic inactivity of the 5b-isomer of superdrol. I would agree it is highly inactive, but maybe not entirely. I realize you were just regurgitating what has been said over and over. Reps for the original post choc.
The mislabeling is what will doom many companies in the future. These products are either unapproved drugs or mislabeled....either way u are f8cked

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
methadrol extreme contains sd/dzine/max lmg, not pro dienolone (tren)

im sorry you spent money on that product.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
What's crazy to think is that if we, the consumer, stock up on say 50 bottles of SD, we really have enough in possession to get prosecuted as 'intent to distribute', which means a minimum of a big fine, felony on the record, and a year or two probation. That sucks.

ripped_one

Awards
  • Established
methadrol extreme contains sd/dzine/max lmg, not pro dienolone (tren)

im sorry you spent money on that product.
Why's that? It actually isn't a bad product. 10 SD / 15 dzine / 25 lmg I believe.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's crazy to think is that if we, the consumer, stock up on say 50 bottles of SD, we really have enough in possession to get prosecuted as 'intent to distribute', which means a minimum of a big fine, felony on the record, and a year or two probation. That sucks.
Yes it it very possible :(

mugen112

mugen112

Awards
So they base it off of how Many bottles u buy instead of the quantity or dose of pills? So it would be bad to buy 50 bottles of sd that contain just one cap at 5 mg for 20 cents a bottle?

gaijininjapan

Awards
  • Established
So they base it off of how Many bottles u buy instead of the quantity or dose of pills? So it would be bad to buy 50 bottles of sd that contain just one cap at 5 mg for 20 cents a bottle?
No, they can try to prosecute you for whatever amount as long as it's over the statute's minimum requirements. Not sure what the statute says though. However, your defense would be the total amount of the "illegal" substance present. Then there's the issue of whether the law is retroactive or not, if it's not, then pre-ban items are fine as long as you don't try to sell it.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMO the DEA is shafting us
No there not it is the companies that are shafting the consumer by selling a methylated steroid and pretending it was somehow legal. All this does is give the FDA a reason why they need ti be more involved and the dietary supplement industry needs more regulation. Again SD was never really legal and honestly I am surprised it lasted as long as it did.

The fact that we see designers as a loophole, is what is causing all this company hunting that the FDA is starting to pursue again. There was never a loophole
Exactly!

Exactly!!!!! This certainly doesnt just target SD , it can be said for all PHs. The FDA is letting the invid. state offices investigate and they have even gone after very small "retailers" -guys that sold 50 bottles over the internet:(:(

The mislabeling is what will doom many companies in the future. These products are either unapproved drugs or mislabeled....either way u are f8cked
Yup just about all PH/DS can get pulled. This is why companies like Primordial, AMS and fore runner been messing with DHEA and Taurus has been messing with the progestins. Everything else will eventually end up getting pulled.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why's that? It actually isn't a bad product. 10 SD / 15 dzine / 25 lmg I believe.
oh, i dont mean bad product in that it doesn't work or anything, it seems to be legit, and give great results.

but stacking dimethazine and superdrol, though they compliment each other, is stupid, a better choice would of been a ph to dht, such as androsterone, instead of adding in a methyl androgenic compound, they should of just added in a non methyl androgenic compound.

you got 2 dimethylated steroids, and an 18methylated (13bethyl) pro hormone in there.

again, not that it wont work, i've stacked 3 methyls before, just now that im more knowledgable and wiser, i woulnd't recomend/do it anymore.

it's always best to be weary of a company that toughts any androgen as female friendly.

ASFh32

Awards
50 bottles is enough for like 100 cycles... You're going to stock up on 25 years worth of superdrol? Really? lol

punjabimunde

punjabimunde

Awards
So phf super mass is sd clone?? Is it gtg??