test flu?!?

krs41

Awards
im taking test cyp (500mg/week) and deca (475mg/week) and i just started the hcg twice weekly at 500iu/week split between two shots. really feeling the test flu the past few days. started anti-biotics this morning, and thinking about dropping some of the things off of my cycle. i really didnt start feeling bad until i added the hcg into the mix last week. my heart rate has been up and seems to be pumping harder, but blood pressure is about the same everytime i have had it checked. i seem to be a little more short of breath than usual, i dont know if i am dehydrated or what it is. i havent been drinking gatorade (worried about sodium retention(which i still dont really understand), but im killing water. i just feel like my chest weighs a ton. im kind of worried about the sodium retention, i dont know if my body is just holding too much water or whats going on. seems like thats a pretty delicate balance. if i was going to drop a few things and try to simpify my cycle and diminish some of the sides that im obviously getting, which way should i go? drop deca and keep the cyp? vice versa? drop the hcg and pick it back up pct? or should i just drop it all and start pct now? i really dont want to do that, def my last resort, but im not going to dig myself a hole that i cant get out of. i just havent felt like working out at all the past two days, kind of light headed/dizzy and just completely exhausted. im going to keep on the antibiotics given to me, my next shot isnt until thursday (still got two days) so hopefully i can get some feedback from you guys and figure something out before then. any help? i really need some good help and quick. thanks a mill.

chris

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
How long have you been on these doses? Test flu seams a somewhat common occurance, (and you just added more test with the HCG being processed in your body.) I can't really relate since I've never experienced it. If it's only been two days you've been feeling this way it's hard to say for sure, only you know how bad you really feel. If it's hormone related symptoms antibiotics will do notta... Definately keep an eye on BP since you say you experience lighthead/dizziness; if symptoms don't reside in about a week you could always drop your doses; don't risk your health though. If you don't have much androgen experience your deca dose does seam slightly high.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
i had the test flu.. just wait it out. it gradually got better for me, just like the real "flu" does. one night i had it the worst, couldn't hold anything down etc etc.. second day i just didn't have much of an appetite.. third i was good enough to workout.. by a full week i felt incredible.

i'd say just wait it out. if you had to drop anything, i'd drop the hCG and just use it for thelast few weeks of your cycle.

krs41

Awards
growmore, i am in the end of my third week, beginning of my fourth week with the cyp/deca stack. so im just now starting to peak. thats why i really hate to quit it now. is it pretty common for the "test flu" to kick in around now. one of the biggest thing though is that it has started since the hcg it seems. so i guess i will drop that and see how it goes. ive only been on the hcg for one week, started it on wednesday of last week. i really got to feeling bad saturday night (so 3-4 days later) and monday night i thought i was going to die. i feel okay in the am, but by mid afternoon i cant even get off of the couch to go to the bathroom. its bad. so ive been trying to get my workouts done in the morning when i feel better. i guess ill just keep up the antibiotics and hope it goes away. does anyone know or have any info on antibiotics in realation to gains when on cycle? thanks guys.

also, any info on the sodium retention? being on a deca/cyp stack can i drink gatorade? is that bad? should i stick to only water? and how much water. ive been drinking about a gallon a day. is that too much? from what i read it causes adema which is what messes with your BP, but im not too knowledgeable on the subject. that has been one of the hardest and worrisome things for me. my fluid intake, dehydration, sodium or water retention... all of that. any info on it? thanks for the responses guys and the help.

chris

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
If you are throwing up or having diarrhea the I would say go with the gatorade.. but for the most part, I would stick with the water but use a little bit gatorade. Antibotics should not impact you gains.. the water intake is okay.. as long as you are pissing then you should be okay, as for adema, you will notice that your ankles and hands will be swollen and not go down..

growmore

Board Supporter
Awards
You could take morfiends advice since he has some experience with these symptoms and it sounds like about the right time for "the flu" to kick in. If you really thought you were "going to die" I'd say stop, start pct and if everything doesn't clear up maybe even go to the doc (hell, even if it's not the hormones, if I felt like I was going to kick the bucket I'de surely get checked out); On the upside I haven't ever heard of a little test and deca knocking someone off in a couple weeks;).You sound very worried/paranoid maybe it's just not your time for this yet. Relax, listen to your body, and do what you feel is BEST for you...

krs41

Awards
thanks guys for all of the help. im going to drop the hcg and im debating on spreading my shots out. as opposed to taking all of it split into only two shots per week, maybe split it up into four shots throughout the week. and hopefully that will make a difference. ill pick up the hcg in the last few weeks. thanks again for all of the help. felt a little better today, still a little light headed but not nearly as drained and exhausted. and like growmore suggested, im just going to wait it out. thanks again for all of the input and advice!

chris

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
At 3 weeks, it doesn't matter much about the shot pattern, I'd stick with 2/week. But it sounds like you may be holding some fluid on your lungs. Keep drinking, but avoid sugar and sodium. You may consider ginseng or some other adaptogen while your oxygen exchange is low, just to control symptoms. It has helped me before very well. The evening tiredness may just be a cortisol surge. Lorazepam helps to suppress this and can also help you relax if there is any anxiety involved. Your on a bad combo for immune problems, but the doses sound OK. You may need diuretics. Potassium is a must. AB's don't hurt gains. They are anti-anabolic on paper, but I've never seen it in practice. (Check your PM)