Clenbuterol vs albuterol

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
How exactly does clen compare to albuterol, both being a beta 2 receptor antagonist. However how do they compare in terms of fat loss and such. Does albuterol have the same anti catabolic properties of clen?

thanks for any info on albuterol someone can provide

Eric

dickwootton

Awards
  • Established
i dont think albuterol actually helps at all with fat loss but i may be wrong. Bump.
DIck

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
http://www.cuttingedgemuscle.com/Forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11729&highlight=albuterol

Also from their store:

Albuterol, like its closely related chemical cousin clenbuterol, is an asthma medication that has been adopted by athletes and bodybuilders as an ergogenic aid. Like clenbuterol, albuterol binds to the so called beta 2 adrenergic receptors found on cells throughout the body. The beta 2 receptors on fat cells activate an enzyme called hormone sensitive lipase. This breaks up stored fat into free fatty acids that are able to then leave the fat cell and serve as a fuel source in other tissues. In athletes the primary target of these fatty acids is working muscle. This is the familiar process we know as lipolysis. Albuterol, like clen, is a potent lipolytic agent. But simply freeing up fat is not enough. Unless the body can burn the extra FFA they will simply be reincorporated into fat. Albuterol has the ability to elevate a person's metabolic rate so these FFA can be utilized for fuel. Numerous animal studies have shown that clenbuterol increases both muscle size and strength; data supporting these effects in humans are sparse. Albuterol on the the other hand has been shown to significantly increase both strength and endurance in humans (1,2). As an added benfit, albuterol lowers LDL and total cholesterol, while at the same time elevating HDL, the "good cholesterol": "Significant alterations (P < or = .02) were observed in total cholesterol ([TC] -9.1% +/- 2.5%), low-density lipoprotein cholesterol ([LDL-C] - 15.0% +/- 2.9%), and high-density lipoprotein cholesterol ([HDL-C] +10.4% +/- 3.2%) concentrations, as well as the TC/HDL-C (-17.4% +/- 2.6%) and LDL-C/HDL-C (-22.9% +/- 2.4%) ratios." (3) 4 mg of albuterol taken approximately 1 to 2 hours before a workout allows for peak plasma levels to be reached during the training session. Additionally the much shorter half life of albuterol compared to clenbuterol allows one to benefit from its ergogenic effects during a training session but not suffer the sleeplessness that many clenbuterol users experience. Moreover, the short half life leads to much less beta 2 receptor downregulation than with clenbuterol, allowing one to use the drug daily for longer periods of time. On the other hand, if one is primarily interested in fat loss rather than performance enhancement, one could take 3 or 4 multiple doses of albuterol throughout the day, always of course cutting back if clenbuterol-like side effects are felt. 1 Bottle Of CEM Laboratories Liquid USP Albuterol Sulfate is 30 ML at 4 MG/ML. (1) Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2000 Jul;32(7):1300-6. Effect of salbutamol on muscle strength and endurance performance in nonasthmatic men. van Baak MA, Mayer LH, Kempinski RE, Hartgens F. (2) Aviat Space Environ Med. 2004 Jun;75(6):505-11 Albuterol helps resistance exercise attenuate unloading-induced knee extensor losses. Caruso JF, Hamill JL, Yamauchi M, Mercado DR, Cook TD, Keller CP, Montgomery AG, Elias J. (3) Metabolism. 1996 Jun;45(6):712-7 Effects of oral albuterol on serum lipids and carbohydrate metabolism in healthy men. Maki KC, Skorodin MS, Jessen JH, Laghi F.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
^^my question exactly. That's what lead me to ask the difference. If all that is true than why do i not here more people using it instead of clen? I figured there must be a reason i never hear about it, and it's never a wise decision to take something you haven't heard enough about to make a good decision about.

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Albuterol is a very commonly prescribed asthma medication. I've used it off and on for years.

It's effects are nothing magical. I don't mean to slam anybody now trying to make a buck off another research chemical, (because it is kind of clever to see this pushed), but a stimulant like ephedrine + caffeine would be far more effective at doing the same thing. Caffeine by itself might even be more effective.

All the information pouring out on the effectiveness of Albuterol is propaganda, in my opinion.

Don't forget that it was clenbuterol that was banned. Albuterol is the mild replacement.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
It's effects are nothing magical. I don't mean to slam anybody now trying to make a buck off another research chemical, (because it is kind of clever to see this pushed), but a stimulant like ephedrine + caffeine would be far more effective at doing the same thing. Caffeine by itself might even be more effective.
Well I just read an article in Time where a 11 yr old in CA. is using Albuterol to fight muscular dystrophy. It was a study set up by a doctor at UCLA. And it seems to be working. Here's a quote "Since he started taking the pills, he can run faster and longer, and tests of his muscle strength confirm what he already knows: he is getting stronger." Oh and the doctor got the idea from a site like ours, so the "man" is watching.

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
Bump :wave: Any more info? Experiences?

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
haha, if anyone wants some albuterol, ill send em some of my old asthma inhalers from when i was a kid :)

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you kept the dosing frequent, the albuterol would be highly effective, I believe.

acecombact1

Awards
Well I just read an article in Time where a 11 yr old in CA. is using Albuterol to fight muscular dystrophy. It was a study set up by a doctor at UCLA. And it seems to be working. Here's a quote "Since he started taking the pills, he can run faster and longer, and tests of his muscle strength confirm what he already knows: he is getting stronger." Oh and the doctor got the idea from a site like ours, so the "man" is watching.
do have the article about this subject!!. its sugesting that albutrol is anabolic, and since clen and albutrol are similar i would like to seee how its anabolic in humans. there is studies that shows clen to be anabolic in rats, but many say its not the case in humans.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
Well if all the info in the article is true, I especially like the part about lowering LDL and increasing HDL. Since clen is great post cycle, it (albuterol should have similar effects) would be espcecially great following an M1T cycle. Not only for nutrient partitioning, ect., but to get your lipids back to normal faster.

What is a good dosing protocol for albuterol? This is all brand new to me. :blink:

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
That part alone makes it sound intriguing. I'm always a little freaked after a M1T cycle..worrying my arteries are gonna crack or something, lol.

Manu20

Manu20

Superman
Awards
  • Established
Well if all the info in the article is true, I especially like the part about lowering LDL and increasing HDL. Since clen is great post cycle, it (albuterol should have similar effects) would be espcecially great following an M1T cycle. Not only for nutrient partitioning, ect., but to get your lipids back to normal faster.

What is a good dosing protocol for albuterol? This is all brand new to me. :blink:
That is very promising if it could help with the HDL after a M1t cycle.

supersoldier

supersoldier

Awards
  • Established
As always, I'll be the guinea pig on this one. I'll order some on the 15th.

Slick2oo4

Banned
Awards
Is this the same albuterol thats in my inhalers and breathing machine
that you are talking about

acecombact1

Awards
i found this on UCLA site, its realy intresting

Albuterol, a beta-agonist, is a promising agent for this type of pharmacological approach. Beta-agonists are a class of drug that have been shown to improve the quality and functional properties of muscle, both in healthy and sick individuals. This drug already has FDA approval for the treatment of asthma, and could be readily available to patients if promising results ensue from this study. It is a drug with minimal side effects and is safe for a pediatric population. However, when albuterol is administered as an inhaled aerosol in the treatment of asthma, it has no effect on skeletal muscle.Albuterol effects on skeletal muscle require long-term release of the albuterol into the circulatory system, which can occur when the drug is taken as a slowly releasing tablet.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
bump to this...supersoldier did you ever use that albuterol? this lipid improvement aspect is promising for SD PCT...

laz

Board Sponsor
Awards
Has anyone ever kept a log on albuterol for fat loss??? I seem tempted to try it myself!

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Does albuterol have the same anti catabolic properties of clen?
Clen was showed to have anti-catabolic properties in animals, but humans can not handle the amount it would to take for clen to be anabolic.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever kept a log on albuterol for fat loss??? I seem tempted to try it myself!
fo' realz yo.

seriously, i am rather excited at the prospect. salbutamol is so goddamn cheap and if it works (that is, burns fat. i dont care about anabolism) then i am all over it.

i've scoured other boards and seen VERY few logs. a number of guys who have used it say it works just like clen, only dosed more often....some prefer it over clen.

jvangard

Awards
Anecdotally, I had for several years noticed my wife would lean up every Spring, without any additional physical activity. It finally dawned on me (slow as I am) that every Spring she gets severe asthma. Thus, she would use her rescue inhaler (albuterol) four or five times a day. I honestly think that the albuterol was doing the job, since she would lean up beautifully without touching a weight or setting foot on a treadmill.

I don't see any reason why albuterol wouldn't work. As others have said, there are studies, human studies to boot, that show fat loss with repeated doses of oral albuterol. It would probably work in a trans as well, just like clen. I am unsure of the dose though.

The nice thing about it is the safety factor. If you have a bad reaction, or just don't like the feeling, you just wait a few hours and its gone. With clen, it can take days to resolve unless you have a beta blocker--and even then, clen has a longer half life than propranolol, so you could wake up to nasty sides in the middle of the night.

It's too bad there is so little user feedback on this. I have some albuterol powder, so I just might have to run a little experiment myself.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
very cool jvangard, thanks for contributing.

ordered some 8mg pills today...will post a log/results if anyone cares...? i'm pretty excited about a clen alternative that's almost good for you.

laz

Board Sponsor
Awards
Where did u find 8mg pills???? I can only find sprays!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I get asthma in the Spring/Summer as well. Maybe I'll give this a try if I can get a script.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
just checking on everyone who was using albutrol. what did you think?

CRUNCH

CRUNCH

Awards
  • Established
Interesting stuff! I've had asthma since I was 4 yrs old, and been on albuterol (ventolin) ever since. On average I will hit that thing 3-5 x's/d, and as much as 10 times on a bad allergy day in the spring. All this time, I have NEVER had a problem gaining bodyfat, no matter what I eat. I'd always chalked it up to genetics, but think it may be a combo of both now.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I have NOT used Albuterol, but was pondering wether to get Clen or Alb. After reading up over the last few days, I am summing up the results of my research here.

Albuterol has a proven anabolic effect on humans whereas clen does not. It does have an anabolic effect at very high dosages on animals but that doesn't work on humans because of different receptors in humans and because humans have a limit to what they will make their heart endure. Albuterol has a positive effect on cholesterol and lipids and doesn't seem to destroy heart cells like Clen does.

Dosing schemes are like this: start low, 2mg. Half-life is a few hours only. Go to 4mg, 4x ED, sides permitting. Higher dosages have been done with nice leaning effects, but it needs FREQUENT dosing because of the short half-life. 1 week ON / 1 week OFF or 2/2 is good for both.

For clen or albuterol, one may take ketotifen fumarate to upregulate the receptors, allowing one to go up to 4, even 5 weeks ON. Sides from ketotifen fumarate, other than extreme sleepiness, are unknown to me.

I guess I'm getting some Albuterol with my T3 for the spring cut.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
albuterol does not make me lose ANY fat. clen certainly does...also, albuterol made me anxious. i was using 8mg twice a day in time-released tablet form for several weeks.

i did notice that i could perform aerobically for longer. does make for a good workout.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
whats the difference between oral albuterol and the albuterol from inhalers?

doctor just put me on albuterol for congestion in my lungs but damn if I take enough puffs off that to equal 200mcg (5 puffs) I feel jittery, increased body temp, etc.

200mcg inhaler vs 4mg oral seems pretty high to me

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
YOu cannot get enough from an inhaler to have the desired effects that BBer's are looking for.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
YOu cannot get enough from an inhaler to have the desired effects that BBer's are looking for.
I was curious if the difference in administration makes a difference or if there are different compounds in each. I think I remember reading that albuterol in oral solutions is different than regular albuterol or something like that, I could be wrong though.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
It's half-life. Inhalers have low-dose, super-short HL, wheresa orals are much higher-dosed and have a longer HL.

The inhalers, because of their administration and dosage, affect almost only the lungs....

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks Grunt, its a shame I have no rep power at the moment

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
just got my albuterol....start my cut tommorrow.....although i tried 1 dose already.....way smoother than clen. will keep you guys posted.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Are you keeping a thread of observations and results? I'm very interested man.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm gonna be doing a cut with a low dose t3 w/ albuterol and ketotifen in a couple weeks. Not sure if I'll keep a log but I'll definately keep you guys updated

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
i supposed that i could keep a thread.....not gonna be able to keep a full log...but I will definetly keep you guys updated. I'm dosing at 10 mg so far. Only sides are shakey hands. Kind of annoying but I can deal with that.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
bumped my dosage up to 12mg today...6 and 6 morning and noon. Still got the shakes but thats it. Maybe a slight increase in internal temp. No sweats or headaches or anything. Maybe bump it up to 14 tommorrrow. We'll see.

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bumped my dosage up to 12mg today...6 and 6 morning and noon. Still got the shakes but thats it. Maybe a slight increase in internal temp. No sweats or headaches or anything. Maybe bump it up to 14 tommorrrow. We'll see.
are you using ketotifen with this?

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
im taking benedryl...I've been advised that it works just as well and its obviously cheaper. I actually ended up taking 7mg of the albuterol in the afternoon yesterday with torelable sides. I read on another board that dosages of up to 20mg have been used with tolerable sides. I'm shooting for that I think. Good news though: Day 4 not tolerance noticed.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
So is it giving you much extra energy, endurance, what? Please describe the main effects... Sides are good to know, but the desirable effects too ;)

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
hmmm....good effects.....definetly an energy boost for the first 2-3 hours and then it tapers off. BTW I'm reducing my dosage to 4mg 3X per day. Tried 5mg X3 per day and it was too much for right now....anxiety and way strong jitters. Other than an energy boost Ive lost about 3 lbs in 4 days. I figure atleast 1 or 2 of that is for real. I haven't notice any change in my cardio energy. I do sweat alot more. For now the only positive is an energy boost. Diff than ephedra though for sure. Can't really explain...ill think on it.

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
anecdote: when i was like 8 years old i was put on albuterol for exercised induced asthma. I can remember the first day I got the inhaler. The first time i used it, my eyes were bugging out of my head and i was on hyperdrive. I've used it all throughout high school and increased my usage during my heavy fitness training with frappier aceleration and off season soccer training. I thinnned out and stayed thin. It was surprising though what a difference the inhaler made. Sometimes I wouldn't have it with me. And I could feel a noticable difference in my holisitic physical ability (mental clarity, muscle fatigue, and of course breathing pattern). But ya, I've not been using it for about year, and I have noticed a big difference. Now that I know it has the effects similar to an anabol,i think i'm gonna pick me up another script. And use it more frequently to see what the results will be like. Although, for a while, I could say that I did become accustomed to the inhaler. It was almost like I needed it to perform well enough during sports and training. So... who knows.

kjkriston

kjkriston

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
well, to be honest...from what i have learned about it is that an inhaler could not possibly dispense a dosage high enough to compare to what I've been taking. I don;t doubt that it made a difference but i do believe a basic Rx dosage is like 200micro grams at the most. I am currently taking 12 milligrams. Big diff. If you really want a boost....talk to the guys at CEMproducts about there liquid. I am a believer. Their stuff works.