fast acting orals + UD 2.0 /carb ups

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
about a year ago i tried UD 2.0 for the first time. I found it to be the best diet in terms of results. it's also probably the hardest diet to stick with.

i picked it up again this past tuesday and i was reminded of how awesome it is. however, reading through the book again i found another piece of information lyle mentioned : using diols/diones during carbups to increase glycogen/protein synthesis.

has anyone tried using say 10mg of epi/sd/etc during their weekly carbups? in my mind, it couldn't possibly be suppressive to any significant extent. however, since these compounds are so fast acting, it would follow you would still reap the short-term benefits.

obviously this is all conjecture, but, i believe lyle wouldn't have mentioned it, if it were not possible.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed for reply. I know running a cycle through it is hell though. I used ah/al on it for four weeks. I got stronger but the compounds were so dry that the depletion days took a huge toll on my joints.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not as well versed at the chemical level as many others, but I would think something like Epi (since it was mentioned) might be better than SD in terms of suppression just because of the sheer strength of it.

More than anything, though, I'd be very interested to see bloodwork of someone before hand and then a few weeks after using a method like this just for curiosity's sake.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
about a year ago i tried UD 2.0 for the first time. I found it to be the best diet in terms of results. it's also probably the hardest diet to stick with.

i picked it up again this past tuesday and i was reminded of how awesome it is. however, reading through the book again i found another piece of information lyle mentioned : using diols/diones during carbups to increase glycogen/protein synthesis.

has anyone tried using say 10mg of epi/sd/etc during their weekly carbups? in my mind, it couldn't possibly be suppressive to any significant extent. however, since these compounds are so fast acting, it would follow you would still reap the short-term benefits.

obviously this is all conjecture, but, i believe lyle wouldn't have mentioned it, if it were not possible.
i worked with someone who did, started sdrol 2 day before his carb up and on his carb up 10mg per 100 carb.

seemed to work well.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i worked with someone who did, started sdrol 2 day before his carb up and on his carb up 10mg per 100 carb.

seemed to work well.
Are you serious? 10mg of sdrol per 100g of carbs? My carb ups were 1300g...

That much sdrol would probably kill me in two days....

Maybe he was able to use less carbs and get the same effect? How were his results?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Are you serious? 10mg of sdrol per 100g of carbs? My carb ups were 1300g...

That much sdrol would probably kill me in two days....

Maybe he was able to use less carbs and get the same effect? How were his results?
he was very carb sensitive i only made his carb ups between 250 and 350 carbs.

however i wouldnt be apposed to seeing it at 50mg for that one day and 30mg per day 2 days prior. and low dose one day after to keep anabolism.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
results were good and he was super hard.

used a nutrient repartioner as well.

dont remember which he used but with high amount of carbs like that i would recommend

recompadrol and N2Slin since they both work differently then all the others out.

i would dose both of them at equal ratios (if you can N2Slin may not be able to due to synephrine thoguh)

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
i think using SD for 3-4 days a week like that is pretty much cycling. i'm talking 1-2 doses over the carbup period of friday/saturday.

still great to see other fans of UD 2.0

Flabby

Awards
Very interested in this concept! I've got 2 bottles of Ultradrol in the cabinet and my next cycle will be a cut/recomp. Right now I'm capping off a PCT for Epi/Trenazone and would love to avoid a PCT and libido loss if possible...

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i think using SD for 3-4 days a week like that is pretty much cycling. i'm talking 1-2 doses over the carbup period of friday/saturday.

still great to see other fans of UD 2.0
I've done a very effective SD carb-cycling-pulse. How does your workout split/schedule coincide with your re-feed?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

seemed to work well.
That actually sounds pretty tempting.. Might be a future experiment for me!

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I've done a very effective SD carb-cycling-pulse. How does your workout split/schedule coincide with your re-feed?
i start my UD cycle on tuesdays because it's easier with my schedule. between tuesday and wednesday i do full body glycogen depletion. thursday is an off day. friday is when i go in and do about 4 sets of each body part, finalizing the depletion , setting up for the re-feed. the re-feed will be very low fat,and extend till saturday night.

tuesday through friday evening i eat roughly 150g protein, around 50 net carbs( i have high fiber torillas i use for my very dry chicken breast:)), and probably somewhere in the ballpark of 30 something grams of fat. this coming week i'm going to be subsidizing my fat with fish oils and possibly cla. i'll manipulate carbs in some way, to be determined.

bear in mind, i've also implemented lean gains' style intermittent fasting tuesday through friday (16hrs between fast breaking meals). this is the only clear deviation from UD 2.0 - instead of eating 75% of daily calories before the final depletion workout, i will only be consuming a protein shake and a banana, since it will be my fast breaking 'meal'.

Sunday and Monday is where i'm going to implement trial and error for the next couple of weeks. I have nailed it down yet, but, it is looking like the same deal as T-F with higher carbs and fats. I'd like to be able to get in extra EFAs on these days, and they are the days to do it.

so, i guess, Friday-saturday would be the prime time for the sort of 'supplementation' discussed.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I got a little confused by that. How soon after your depletion (hours) do you begin refeed and how soon after your refeed do you hit the weights again?

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
I got a little confused by that. How soon after your depletion (hours) do you begin refeed and how soon after your refeed do you hit the weights again?
ideally, as soon as i get home from the gym, ill start the refeed. so friday night start the re-feed( about 30 minutes from the workout) and sunday afternoon is the next workout. sunday's workout will be the ''power'' workout, because it will focus on strength as opposed to depletion.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well, this all depends on how ambitious you are:

Friday night I would use 10-20mgs about an hours or so before I refeed.
Saturday I would use 10mgs before meal for 30mgs/day.
Sunday 10-20mgs pre-workout and 10-20mgs post-workout.

Disclaimers: if you are looking to avoid shutdown SD is not the oral of choice. Many will say that that is high dosed - it is fast acting and fast leaving. It is the absolute most powerful glucose packing agent I have ever used.

darsh89

darsh89

Awards
this is a really tempting idea. i realize superdrol would be much more effective at glycogen uptake but if one wanted to do this with epi how would one go about it?