Possible infection! Should I go to the doctor?

mooks

Awards
(pic of buttock inside) Possible infection! Should I go to the doctor?

Sunday: Sanitized my butt for my first injection ever of test e. Used same needle for taking oil out of bottle and inject 2.5cc by mistake = 750ml of test e. First error :-(.
Monday: I feel achey and a small bump is forming on injection site. No redness.
Tuesday: I'm getting chills/maybe slight fever. Body is achey and my butt is getting red and impossible to walk around. I'm taking literally 10 seconds to get up. It hurts to walk. I popped 6 ibus through out the day. Can't go to the gym.
Today: Same ****, been massaging my buttocks. Redness has increased for sure and it hurts like hell. I definitly have a fever and I've been drinking hot tea all day...

I figured I have test flu from injectining so ****ing much, but now I think I have an infection.

Should I go to the doc, or tough it out?

Please serious responses only I'm in pain!

i51.tinypic.com/34yy6gn.jpg

put the link in, I can't post links yet.

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
#1 you should always change the needle before you inject. It's been proven that the needle slightly bends at the tip. Might not go in as smooth if you don't.

#2 Test flu only ever lasted me 2-3 days tops. You feel a bit sluggish. The bump could bs the oil because you didn't massage or did t massage enough after injecting. If you have redness and it doesn't go away in a week after the initial injection and you still feel flu like symptoms you should go see a doctor.

MDiocre

MDiocre

Awards
Based on my exerpience, it takes considerable effort to get a cellulitis/subcutaneous abscess from injection. I'm talking dirty needles into the same site multiple times, often with immunosuppression (ie HIV+). If you have a serious fever going (>101ish) then infection would be a concern and you need to get checked out. A subcutaneous abscess will usually have collection of fluid (pus) underneath the skin that "fluctuates" when palpated. It will also feel warm, have some degree of redness and possibly tenderness.

I don't know much about "test flu", but I wouldn't be surprised if this is your body reacting to a single high dose of test. As you mention, you have never injected this substance before. Also, the whole body aches you are describing are consistant with an autoimmune reaction. You could trying taking an antihistamine or applying some hydrocotisone cream locally if you have some. Ice should provide temporary relief regardless. Easy with the advil. Tylenol in moderation as long as youre not drinking or on oral PHs. If the symptoms you describe don't get better in another day or two (or worsen), just get go in and get checkd out.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
depending on how bad,

750mg levaquin for 3-5 days.

500mg cipro for 5-7

tetracyclines wont help this.

i recommend startingh antibiotic course immediatly.

goto doctor, though . ive had a few infections, sometimes happens with ug labs and too much in one area.