mpb prevention: top spiro 5% vs azelaic acid 5% + minoxidil 5%

Foniks

Awards
Sorry if this is wrong forum, but I know that you guys might be familiar with this... I have been looking for something to help me keep my hair. I have a receeding hairline, that is going up on both corners of the top of my hair. There is no mpb on my mom's side of the family, but my dad had the same exact hair as me, as did his father (and I can only assume his father, too). Anyway, my hairline is starting to get high, and I'd rather stop it before it gets really bad. Since stopping it, would be easier than regrowing what I've lost already.

Anyway, i've read about these two products on Dr. Lee's website. The azelaic acid and minoxidil solution sounds great, but everyone I know seems to swear by the spironolactone... I understand it's benefits with cycling, so maybe this could be the case. For someone who doesn't use AAS, what would you recommend as for quality + price? I've talked to a doctor who would prescribe me propecia, but the pharmacy here sells a month's supply for 60 bucks... And if I would buy from the internet I may as well get something other than propecia, since I would rather a topical solution anyhow....

Thanks.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Use Nizoral, it's like topical propecia. The original prototype for current non-steroidals today.

CrazyNut

Awards
spiro works great. Use the stuff like Minoxidil, Alzeic acid and Nizoral, 2X/day.
Topical Spiro 3-4 X /week. Amazing results.
I used it on and off cycle, I actually grew a lot more hair. ALmost got a full head of hair now. Make sure you use it once you stop a cycle, or you will lose all your gains

HugeBB

Awards
customnutritionwarehouse.com now has topical spiro 5%

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what do you think is the least amount of spiro one could use in a test only cycle to keep their rug?

HugeBB

Awards
what do you think is the least amount of spiro one could use in a test only cycle to keep their rug?
It should really be used twice/day because of the short half-life. If you want to use it less, then it would be an individual thing...you'd have to experiment to see what works for you.