Androgel/ testicular atrophy

RDempsey

Awards
I'm new and probably in the wrong section but I started going back to the gym and noticed something just wasn't right about 2-3 months ago. I have had a complete lack of energy, depression etc. Low and behold I have low T. I have been on Androgel for 2 months and after the first 3 weeks felt great but then fell back where I was. When I had my labs re-checked my Test had actually dropped. Now I have a script for Fortesta. The doctor told me I really need to think about future children before I look into further HRT. My problem is I know the gel can affect fertility as well, just not to the same degree. Is there something I can take to keep my boys producing (even if it is just a little)? I would like to say when the gel was working I felt 10 years younger, it was amazing. I actually had the energy to get my ass up after a full day of work, go to the gym and still able to chase my 2 yr. old around. Sorry to ramble, hope someone has some good advice.

thanks

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Now I have a script for Fortesta. The doctor told me I really need to think about future children before I look into further HRT. My problem is I know the gel can affect fertility as well, just not to the same degree.
just not to the same degree as what? when you have an endogenous supply of testosterone, no matter what its source, it will suppress natural production and lead towards suppression of LH + FSH over time. Depending on your age and other details it may be that you should approach it differently at the beginning now to avoid fertility issues. Most of the time even being on TRT though you can manage to at least for a short while during which you are trying to get pregnant restart some amount of sperm production with various methods.