What comes after the Prohormon ban

ironguru

ironguru

Awards
Does anybody know what kind of products can be used after the prohormon ban when the PH are taken off the marked.

Are there allready some new products ready to replace the PH ????? If yes what kinds do you guys know ????

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Legal gear:

1,4 Andro isn't included, nor is 1,4 Diol... Additionally, DHEA, 6OXO, Formastat and a few other derivitives are not included. There will be loopholes, but you might not see things sold under the same flaunting style as before... you will see more things in the future

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
But they can change it in any time, so don't help them out:nono:

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Anyone know why they arent included? They are steroid procursors after all.

ironguru

ironguru

Awards
Thank you meathead1987 for you answer.

Are you sure about 1,4 Andro..... because on www.getbig.com they said everything
with andro is gonna be banned.

See what they say:

First Ephedra was banned, now they are going after Andro. Not just Androdiol, which is already banned in California, but all types of Andros. If the FDA has their way, in two years, the only thing you can get at a supplement store is what the pharmaceutical companies sell to you. What is next? All precursors, DHEA, Vanadyl Sulfate, and perhaps creatine. As someone told me they overheard someone say, if it helps someone grow muscles, then it must be bad for you. Wow. I would like to see the studies on Andro? Has anyone died from that like they said Ephedra did? Or is it just because people say the product work means that it must be a steroid? 2004 is definately shaping up to be a banner year for attacks in the bodybuilding and dietary supplement community. Here is more from a press release by the FDA.

M

meathead1987

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Its to get PH use out of Pro baseball apparantly. And to "protect americas children" or something like that.

All I said about the 1,4AD is what I was told by legal gear.

And BTW HMB is banned in the UK, thats right, a damn amino acid metabolite is banned.

N

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What comes after the ban?

We go to the dark side, that's what.

T

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What comes after the ban?

We go to the dark side, that's what.
CANT WAIT!!!

i have about 5 PH/PS cycles lined up for next 1.5 - 2 years...by then ill be ready for AAS if i choose to use....

N

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I've had my eye on them for some time now. Mind you, I'll need a source, but by the time I need one, I'll probably be able to find one easily.

I'd love to get my hands on some Anadrol....

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
MeatHead1987:
"Legal gear:
Quote:
1,4 Andro isn't included, nor is 1,4 Diol... Additionally, DHEA, 6OXO, Formastat and a few other derivitives are not included. There will be loopholes, but you might not see things sold under the same flaunting style as before... you will see more things in the future"

Meathead is this current information? I was under the impression that an amendment has been added to the bill that would not limit the ban to just the listed andros but also to any precursor or even precursor to a precursor to testosterone (ie dhea, and 7-keto, etc...) and not only that but also to add any item they wish at random. If this passes they could ban creatine or vit c at will without proper safety testing. It would abolish DSHEA and all that it protects.

T

tattoopierced1

yeah that seems to be the hardest part, finding a source. trying to find one in my area, but in BFE its gonna be hard..oh well, as you said, we all have plenty of time.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I agree that loopholes should not be discussed openly for senators to read about. there are loopholes, but wait until after the ban. the way the bill is written, it wont take much to add these loopholes to the bill after it is past. so the less they know...

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thank you meathead1987 for you answer.

Are you sure about 1,4 Andro..... because on www.getbig.com they said everything
with andro is gonna be banned.

See what they say:

First Ephedra was banned, now they are going after Andro. Not just Androdiol, which is already banned in California, but all types of Andros. If the FDA has their way, in two years, the only thing you can get at a supplement store is what the pharmaceutical companies sell to you. What is next? All precursors, DHEA, Vanadyl Sulfate, and perhaps creatine. As someone told me they overheard someone say, if it helps someone grow muscles, then it must be bad for you. Wow. I would like to see the studies on Andro? Has anyone died from that like they said Ephedra did? Or is it just because people say the product work means that it must be a steroid? 2004 is definately shaping up to be a banner year for attacks in the bodybuilding and dietary supplement community. Here is more from a press release by the FDA.
according to the media steroids will make you commit suicide. thats all it takes is a stupid story with that headline and america beleives.

T

t_dot_porkchop

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
according to newbs at my gym, my post-workout shake is "steroids"

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
It's probably in your interest to not discuss what the bill forgot to ban. At least wait until it passes before giving any legislators a heads-up.

P

Purge

Awards
****, they'll probably ban GYMS next, for pissin' out loud.

K

kojie

Awards
maybe next time they'll ban protein shakes.. lolz[font=Verdana,Arial,Geneva][/font]

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
CANT WAIT!!!

i have about 5 PH/PS cycles lined up for next 1.5 - 2 years...by then ill be ready for AAS if i choose to use....
BUMP, I've got a very good supply of 1-Test Cyp and 4-AD Cyp plus 115 grams of 1-Test and 150 grams of 4-AD if necessary.

BTW, anyone think the ban won't go into effect until mid 2005 or later ?

P

Physicist

Awards
DHEA will not be banned. The bill even lists it as staying legal. I'm pretty sure the AARP has enough political influence to keep it that way.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Yes DHEA is excluded from the ban, but the point is that if the law had been written 15 years ago, DHEA would never have been developed as a supplement. Hysterical legislators and parents seem completely unaware of the unintended consequences of this bill.

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
"anyone think the ban won't go into effect until mid 2005 or later?"

That's my guess. The election and the war take precedence.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand why you think the bill won't pass until 2005. Aren't they back in session next month? This bill would be a perfect publicity stunt this fall on the heels of the Olympics and steroid controversy.

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Well, call it an educated guess....there has been so much wild speculation, and consistently the people who have bet on later dates have won. Bills take a long time to make it through. Congress is back in session next month, but then we have things like emergency war funding, multi-billion-dollar deficits, etc. Sure, the ban would taper nicely with the Olympics/steroid controversy, but there have been other public events that it would have worked well with to. This is just my hunch--whatI would bet on. At this point, we were all wrong, as the ban was supposed to have already happened in May/June, according to everyone...and VPX, and those, too.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
You must be joking. Certain politicians would love a "family values" issue for the election liking banning more "steroids." Maybe that's just my perspective...

B

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
We'll see what happens...I'm only guessing, as we all are!

N

Nullifidian

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I would agree with the ban happening later if it weren't for the sudden increase in media specials on "the evils of steroids". Already I've seen 2 programs aired in as many months, when for years I didn't see anything at all. Sport doping scandals are becoming more and more prominent in the news, and on the Muscle & Fitness Forums they now have a spammer asking for "anyone who has abused steroids" to be interviewed about how the evil steroids have destroyed their lives and families.

Normally when the media get's a hold of something and won't let go, it's only a short time before Congress reacts with kneejerk efficiency.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm agreeing with the later also. There just seems to be so many more important issues in the news lately. I have not heard kerry say anything about the issue for his campaign. so I think it is taking a back burner. for now. it still has to pass the senate and then be signed by the pres. as soon as its passed the senate thats when to panick. everytime I look noone has touched the bill since 6/3/04.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
ok congress goes back into session after the RNC correct?

I think they will be focusing on issues such as the economy, war, deficits, goverment spending, etc.etc.

I don't know if the congress is in session during the election, but i know they take time off around thanksgiving and christmas.

Then if we have to get the new/old president back into office.

Plus i think i heard how they want to piggyback some smaller bills onto the PH ban. Which will have to start over at the beginning. And since it took about 2 monts just to pass the house and get ready for the senate. I think that gives us about 2 months after they start back up again.

I would probably say feb/march.

Anyone want to start a bet or something, i'll take dibs on FEB 23RD.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I have not heard kerry say anything about the issue
Yes, maybe other more important issues will overshadow a bill like this... but I'm a little cynical and think politicians could latch onto a stupid issue just like the flag burning thing during the Bush 41 election.

Also --- I never referred to Kerry "saying anything." If someone makes steroids a "family values" issue, it will be Bush.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was not making a political statement, I was just saying he is the one trying to sell something and its not a ban on prohormones its issues like jobs, wars and his military experience.

Harland

Harland

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was not making a political statement, I was just saying he is the one trying to sell something and its not a ban on prohormones its issues like jobs, wars and his military experience.

exactly, but you never know...

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I don't think I explained myself properly. Politicians can make a nonissue into a tool for getting votes or for getting their "base" out to the polls. I wouldn't be that surprised if one side or the other starting ranting about steroids in sports. Bush likes to "own" family values issues and even mentioned steroids in his State of the Union address, so I don't think any of this is far-fetched.

P

Purge

Awards
I'm inclined to think that the pro-hormone ban wouldn't have even been brought about if it weren't for good ol' Dubyah yapping about steroids in that Address. Why mention steroids in the same sentence or speech with terrorism? Foolish.

C

cr4ytonic

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
This is not a partisan issue, both parties want it. Look at the voting records for the House on the bill. Politics for both sides is all about "protecting the children" to get the votes back home.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the politicians are clueless its the media that tells everyone prohormones are bad. the politicians chase whats popular.