Does high TSH have anything to do with Gynecomastia?

teatake2011

Awards
I have a high TSH level and I'm 17. I went to the doctor and he made me get 3 blood tests just to be sure. I believe I got this condition from my mother who has a thyroid problem for many years. He put me on levothyroxine 50mcg. My doctor also told me I have gynecomastia before I got diagnosed with a high tsh. I got a mammogram done and the lady said she doesn't see any abnormalities. Could the levothyroxine help get rid of my gynecomastia? According to my doctor, a high tsh is on the list for causing gynecomastia. Could weight loss help? I have 24% body fat. weigh 146lb. 5ft.7in.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
It has to do with the accumulation of fat. Certainly in the breast area, as well as every other area. As far as i am aware it has nothing to do with gyno though. If he thinks you have gyno, he should have tested your e2 level.

teatake2011

Awards
A high TSH has to do with accumulation of fat in the chest? will levothyroxine help me control it?

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
High tsh has to do with fat....period. and there are literally a MILLION different variables in the equation. Theoretically levothyroxine will bring down your tsh and help you drop weight and fat. That doesnt mean it will though.

Go over to the "weight loss" section and find a thread by midwestbeast called the official hypothyroidism thread. It should be of great use to you

teatake2011

Awards
my testosterone and e2 are normal. I guess ill just start to lose weight. hopefully that makes my chest smaller