Diabetes and pmag/epi/hdrol - whats going wrong?

oliverc

Awards
Does anyone know why oral steroids lead to messed up sugar control for diabetics?

My gym buddy (also diabetic) had to stop his Pmag cycle cycle half way through because his sugars kept running high depsite his usual spot on control. I've had problems too (i'm also diabetic) with hdrol, and i switched to epi for a few days and had the same problems.

I lead such a commited life style to being as healthy as possible. No sweet, bad foods, no booze, exercise 4-5x/week and in excellent health. My Hba1c is perfect, as is cholesterol, BP.

We both figured that we work so hard to keep it healthy that we could be both do a PH cycle (with the support supps) and follow up tests on cholesterol and hpta.

Does anyone know why the PHs might be causing problems? Help!

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
I am not diabetic, but I have the exact opposite reaction to some OTC steroids.. I have a tendency to go hypo. This seems to happen most often with the otc tren products and the real tren ace. Strange how Superdrol and its clones dont do that to me...

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
If you have diabetes or any other medical condition you shouldn't be using steroids unless under a doctors care/supervision, period.

oliverc

Awards
If you have diabetes or any other medical condition you shouldn't be using steroids unless under a doctors care/supervision, period.
i knew id get this kind of response. i get my bloods done before and after, and in fact every 3 months which is more than most. i take the stuff responsibly, with on cycle protection, and in general in excellent health. as i said before, i lead an incredibly health life. i cant see why 1 cycle every so often will do any harm.

now regarding the sugar, why is it that it pushes my sugars up?

RedwolfWV

RedwolfWV

Awards
  • Established
Do you increase your carb intake when "on"?

oliverc

Awards
Do you increase your carb intake when "on"?
no. i wanted to see how i'd react with my sugars/carbs under my normal exact control and without any changes my sugars started running higher. i didnt want to carry on with the hdrol like this, so i tried epi and same problem. I went into PCT early and everything went back to normal.

oliverc

Awards
so i dont know whether the hdrol/epi is counteracting the insulin directly, or its causing higher sugars through some other mechanism.

oliverc

Awards
This is interesting: put 3 W's in front of this:
clinsci.org/cs/102/0151/1020151.pdf

''androgens act directly on peripheral tissues to promote insulin resistance.''

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
QUOTE=oliverc;2952604]i knew id get this kind of response. i get my bloods done before and after, and in fact every 3 months which is more than most. i take the stuff responsibly, with on cycle protection, and in general in excellent health. as i said before, i lead an incredibly health life. i cant see why 1 cycle every so often will do any harm. now regarding the sugar, why is it that it pushes my sugars up?[/QUOTE]Natural selection.

oliverc

Awards
QUOTE=oliverc;2952604]i knew id get this kind of response. i get my bloods done before and after, and in fact every 3 months which is more than most. i take the stuff responsibly, with on cycle protection, and in general in excellent health. as i said before, i lead an incredibly health life. i cant see why 1 cycle every so often will do any harm. now regarding the sugar, why is it that it pushes my sugars up?
Natural selection.[/QUOTE]

if you cant provide any actual helpful info as to why sugars would go up on a cycle, then dont bother posting in this thread.

oliverc

Awards
I do appreciate that there will be a 4-6 week dip in cholesterol (which in the grand scheme of things is not clinically significant otherwise no one would run a cycle), but I use the only cycle support supps and plenty of cod liver oil. BP is not a problem.

Any further input as why i might be going sugary?