When did you make the jump from PHs/DS to more conventionable AAS

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I done lots of research over the years on various oral and transdermal OTC PHs/DS and have myself a decent sized stash (multiple HD, SD, Pmag, Bola, 1androrx, etc) of many possible future cycles. But I have recently been doing a lot of research on what I will refer to as AAS, injectables, and other long banned compounds/products. I want to do your basic 12 weeks test e, with dbol kick start and aromsin (SP) with some HCG. But wont be able to do that until minimum a year (next summer).

I recognize that many PHs/DS are already infact steriods, thats not the issue, the issue is people getting there best results with longer, injection based cycles.

I was just generally wondering at what age people moved on from PHs/DS to the 'dark-side' of 'old school' AAS.

dannyn2007

Awards
whats up bro, to be honest, ive never done any injectables but if you have access to them i would forsure do injectables rather then orals due to the fact the orals are more liver toxic. I believe most people do ph/ds due to the fact that they cant get a hold of gear. i dont think there is a age to jump from ph to injectables. but of course over 21 for any anabolics

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Personally I think even 21 is still too young

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At 26 when I got reliable sources and was able to make my own gear for pennies, literally.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I think I started when I was 26. I'm 29 in a couple of weeks.
One of the best decisions I have ever made. Haha.

Anyways, I never messed around with OTC supps (SuperDrol and all that mess). I jumped straight to the pin. That's how I dooz itz....

EArch

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the replies, interesting to see diff people answers. Think I will wait till I am at least in my mid 20s.

PILEGGI78563

PILEGGI78563

Awards
I waited till I was 30.
Avail of good gear sources played a big part too.

Allthough I did do the normal ph cycles none of them can compare to what Real test could do.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Injectable aas results > ph/ds results

kvothe

Awards
I waited till I was 30.
Avail of good gear sources played a big part too.

Allthough I did do the normal ph cycles none of them can compare to what Real test could do.
finally, I have been saying forever, even a moderate dosed test only cycle will be better gains than any prohormone, yes even superdrol, maybe just due to being able to run test longer, but still the gains are better. I cant stand the ph crowd thinking test is not very powerfull and just something to take to help with lethargy.

that being said, I have no problem with oral prohormones, some are very effective, or can be very mild on sides, but to say they are better than test drives me nuts.

thanks again!

morry

morry

Awards
  • Established
I was 26 and it was more of me knowing I finally had a good foundation to work with. Best decision I've made for my body and I'll be back on in a month or so

beastybean

beastybean

Awards
  • Established
im looking to make the jump to the dark side, i just cant find a source, that being said i think anyone who hasnt used injectable AAS just hasn't found a reliable source

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't touch a PH (Epi-Strong bridged into H-Drol) until I was 25 and a half. I started lifting when I was 13 for football and the following year is when I started seriously lifting - so 11 years of experience before I bothered with that and even then, I could have kept going without.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
Has anyone ever tried to go to their doctor in order to get a private prescription for test e? I have heard of a couple of people who have done that successfully here in germany. You can then get your gear legally in the pharmacy and its definitely quality stuff, was thinking of trying this route sometime this winter...

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone ever tried to go to their doctor in order to get a private prescription for test e? I have heard of a couple of people who have done that successfully here in germany. You can then get your gear legally in the pharmacy and its definitely quality stuff, was thinking of trying this route sometime this winter...
lol, not unless you happen to find a "bro doctor" I can't see too many docs willing to put their license on the line like that

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
lol, not unless you happen to find a "bro doctor" I can't see too many docs willing to put their license on the line like that
I understand what you are saying, but apparently it works quite well with some doctors if you tell them that you have your mind set on it and that the whole thing will be much more safe with pharmaceutical grade gear and accompaniment / support of the doc. I was also talking about a private prescription, meaning that your health insurance won't be asking any questions because you pay for everything yourself.

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
I love the darkside and will never waste my time again with otc hormones... that sh!t is nothing compared to AAS...

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
I lived in germany, and from what I read a few yrs ago, doctors dont have too much problems doing this

marz85

Awards
I tried my first prohormone at 21. Once i got ahold of real aas i was much happier with the results . only problem is being able to find a source for injectables .

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I have a script for several things. It's mostly for legal purposes. I still buy UG.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
I lived in germany, and from what I read a few yrs ago, doctors dont have too much problems doing this
TRT is common all over the world. If you see a TRT doctor or urologist you can probably justify a script, especially if he's pro AAS and you can provide a blood sample with depressed test levels.

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I understand what you are saying, but apparently it works quite well with some doctors if you tell them that you have your mind set on it and that the whole thing will be much more safe with pharmaceutical grade gear and accompaniment / support of the doc. I was also talking about a private prescription, meaning that your health insurance won't be asking any questions because you pay for everything yourself.
If you have a valid prescription from your doctor, your insurance will not question it.

To the original poster. Never before 25 because of the possibility of early closure of the growth plates. Some men still get growth spurts after 21.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what switch? you mean there is another kind of androgenic/anabolic hormones? are you talking about sarms?

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yeaaaaaaaaaah sources are a BIG problem....

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so if you inject test a for 6 weeks and gain 15lbs, it will be different than if you ran epistane for 6 weeks and gained 15lbs?

i'd like someone to please explain this to me from a data based perspective.

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
The only benefit I see is being able to run.3-4 months cycle. That said, I never was impressed.by test. I see.it as a base and for other properties besides weight gain.

that said I use aas only for curting these days, so whatt ibuse greatly depends on how the aas interacts. Personally SD does/did a great job so far better than winstrol...

Still dont understand how some ppl gaim 20+ from.test....

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
next time I will diet with dbol. Imo bulkin drugs worl.better at maintaining muscle during.cuts. Thee only time id use winstrol.and anavar etc is if I planned to compete...

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
these threads always give me a nice laugh :lol:

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Its funny that people don't realize with long ester compounds, you are only really "on" for 6-8 weeks, and the time beyond that is just increasing sides, like hpta suppression. Can't count the first 3-4 weeks on long ester compounds, cycle doesn't start until you reach supraphysiological levels, well, unless you kick start with something like dbol or sdrol, but then still after 6-8 weeks is it, the next 2-4 weeks is just suppressing the hpta. And risking more sides.

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
as much as i value your knowledge jbryand, this is not entirely correct. supraphysiological doses even on long esters are achieved within days, sometimes hours.
granted, steady peak values take several weeks, but effective levels of androgens are achieved much faster.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
Designers are a good into to the world of anabolics, but injectables are a whole different creature. It gives me a different kind of aggression, more potent and alpha male quality. Test gives me good clean energy, even helps when sleep deprived. Designers never did that for me.

started designers at 21, now I'm all about the injectables. And if you're smart with home brewing, injectables are cheaper then designers. $120 for 100g test powder, enough to run 500mg of test for 4 years straight and only cost $0.60 a week + cost of brewing supplies (~$30)

(I don't regret starting at 21, I'm a lifetime user now)

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Oddly enough the strongest TREN.is one if the easiest to make from my reading lmfao

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Designers are a good into to the world of anabolics, but injectables are a whole different creature. It gives me a different kind of aggression, more potent and alpha male quality. Test gives me good clean energy, even helps when sleep deprived. Designers never did that for me.

started designers at 21, now I'm all about the injectables. And if you're smart with home brewing, injectables are cheaper then designers. $120 for 100g test powder, enough to run 500mg of test for 4 years straight and only cost $0.60 a week + cost of brewing supplies (~$30)

I put myself on hrt at 19

do not regret it in the slightest

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
Yeah lolll I might do that after this cycle.

In theory just ****ty.pct sleep and hunger

chrisrob05

chrisrob05

Awards
Age is a huge factor, but one's lifestyle is key. Some tools want to do the whole PH thing and do drugs and drink alcohol while cycling. I know people that pin test and drink everynight which leads to no gains. Others choose to stack bottles of PHs and end up with liver disease by 30. Aside from 1AD, I think prohormones are dangerous. People think that they are safer for some reason.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Age is a huge factor, but one's lifestyle is key. Some tools want to do the whole PH thing and do drugs and drink alcohol while cycling. I know people that pin test and drink everynight which leads to no gains. Others choose to stack bottles of PHs and end up with liver disease by 30. Aside from 1AD, I think prohormones are dangerous. People think that they are safer for some reason.
sad thing is you probably just made this up, because in few cases is it actually true. Of course there have been cases of damaged lives from oral steroids/prohormones, but it is a lot rarer than you would think. The biggest guys I know all go out and get skulled every weekend, including me hehe

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
Yeah lolll I might do that after this cycle.

In theory just ****ty.pct sleep and hunger
ever since I've actually been able to enjoy life while looking amazing. Ie, I dont have to be anal about my diet, I drink, smoke, ect, get smashed at least once a week, and still maintain my obviosuly enhanced physique(my dose is 250mg a week while crusing).

The only thing that scares me is going abroad, I'm half french so go there every year to see my family, and luckily I can just take the ferry.

jasen what do you mean Hunger?? I'm never hungry anymore, ever :( feelsjohnbadman

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
i dont know myslef...

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
My first cycle was epistane/bold right before I turned 21... Had NO idea what I was taking, the guy at the store I bought them from made em sound like a stronger test booster. I went through a few cycles before finding out what I was taking - after getting some weird results during a physical(hdl 6 ldl120). Did some research and started putting a lot more time between cycles. Did a 12 week bold/trenadrol cycle and a Tren/Mdrol cycle 7 months later before calling it quits for two years(both were pretty harsh). I decided I was ready to get back on about a month ago, started researching again and decided on Test/Dbol over Superbolin/Epibolin. I turn 25 in 2 days, and I kinda wish I hadnt taken so many cycles so early, and that store owners were more responsible when selling products. Then again I shoulda thought to have researched what I was taking.

smash1904

smash1904

Awards
Btw deciding to get back on involved a physical as a determining factor...

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
I put myself on hrt at 19

do not regret it in the slightest
That's a shame, but at least it explains why you are 5'8" instead of 6'2".

VS91588

VS91588

Awards

I agree. Designers are good for a while but injectables are in another league if their own. Not gonna lie I'm new to the injectable game I've only done 2 cycles so far I'm on my 3rd as of now and it's great. I still use what is left of my designers I have many bottles of Mdrol which I use to kickstart the test-e but once it is done I will eventually convert to Dbols or just use Sust or test-p and **** the kickstart

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Its funny that people don't realize with long ester compounds, you are only really "on" for 6-8 weeks, and the time beyond that is just increasing sides, like hpta suppression. Can't count the first 3-4 weeks on long ester compounds, cycle doesn't start until you reach supraphysiological levels, well, unless you kick start with something like dbol or sdrol, but then still after 6-8 weeks is it, the next 2-4 weeks is just suppressing the hpta. And risking more sides.
ahhh how do you figure??? if you run test e for 18wks, by wk 4-5 your seeing gains. All you need is a jumpstart and you golden

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
so if you inject test a for 6 weeks and gain 15lbs, it will be different than if you ran epistane for 6 weeks and gained 15lbs?

i'd like someone to please explain this to me from a data based perspective.
Yeah same stuff, thats why all the pros are getting jacked off running superdrol and epi gaining 15lbs at a time in 6 week spurts instead of running 1g of test and adding 100lbs to their bench. I just made the switch and ****ty designers dont even come close. I talked to alot of big guys at Europa show and other BB comps and they said they'd never touch those things. Kinda like pot and salvia. sure they both get you high. but salvia makes me puke and feel like **** while pot makes me feel happy and gives me an insane appetite. Designers give me so many sides for some weight gain and some strength gain then lose 50% of it, while a 16wk frontloaded test E cycle will add 100lbs to my bench and I feel wonderful and horny like crazy while keeping 80% at the end. Compare people on designers vs real gear... pretty clear cut imo

DragonRider

Awards
  • Established
care to elaborate on that
Sure. You started using steroids at 19 causing premature closure of your growth plates. The very reason that steroids are NOT recommended to males under 21.
Many males have their final growth spurt between 19 and 23 years old and will grow 3 to 5 inches during that time. You are the poster child of why these boards do not recommend steroids to somone under 21.
Now when some overly eager young man comes on the board biting at the bit to start steroids immediately because he can't wait to get heeyouoooooooge, we can point to a member of this board as an example of why it is so important to wait.
Thank you for your honesty and your example.

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
Sure. You started using steroids at 19 causing premature closure of your growth plates. The very reason that steroids are NOT recommended to males under 21.
Many males have their final growth spurt between 19 and 23 years old and will grow 3 to 5 inches during that time. You are the poster child of why these boards do not recommend steroids to somone under 21.
Now when some overly eager young man comes on the board biting at the bit to start steroids immediately because he can't wait to get heeyouoooooooge, we can point to a member of this board as an example of why it is so important to wait.
Thank you for your honesty and your example.
I've been looking everywhere but I can't find any proof that steroids cause stunted growth. I trust its been preached like religion but it doesn't make sense that they use steroids to treat kids that don't go through puberty allowing them to grow. They don't stay the same height, they grow even tho they are on steroids which should stunt it. Help me out here with some hard evidence. I like deciphering between broscience and real science.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been looking everywhere but I can't find any proof that steroids cause stunted growth. I trust its been preached like religion but it doesn't make sense that they use steroids to treat kids that don't go through puberty allowing them to grow. They don't stay the same height, they grow even tho they are on steroids which should stunt it. Help me out here with some hard evidence. I like deciphering between broscience and real science.
The medical community used to give high doses of estrogen to stunt tall girls growth. Estrogen fuses growth plates. Refine your search to estrogens effect on height and you will find plenty of information.