Is this true, or just a bunch of BS?

lorden24

Awards
Today at the gym I overhead two guys talking while resting between sets. They were talking about prohormones and running cycles, so naturally I listened to what they had to say. Anyways, one of them said, that even with proper PCT, if you do not continue to use after a cycle, your cycle gains will slowly be lost, even if you retained them with proper PCT. Also, they said that if you cut without a PH, any gains you made with them will go out the window. Is this true?

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
Nope... False... Only way ur losing your gains after a correct pct... If you start eating less then maintenance.... Or if you are passed your genric limit...

Some say after using it's harder to gain naturally... I have found that it isn't that true

lorden24

Awards
Nope... False... Only way ur losing your gains after a correct pct... If you start eating less then maintenance.... Or if you are passed your genric limit...

Some say after using it's harder to gain naturally... I have found that it isn't that true

good to hear that it is BS, it sounded like it was when I heard it. as for it being harder to gain, the only reason I can see that being valid is because the bigger you get the slower your progress comes.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
they have no fa king clue what they are talking about.

Sweekaters

Awards
Should be the opposite actually. Steroids seems to increase the number of nuclei in muscle cells greatly, which would make it easier to gain muscle.

EBSNW1

EBSNW1

Awards
I can only speak for myself here, but I found that I made better gains AFTER an epistane cycle than while I was "on".

pansori

Awards
Should be the opposite actually. Steroids seems to increase the number of nuclei in muscle cells greatly, which would make it easier to gain muscle.
^This! It's been proven in recent studies that athletes who even did one cycle decades before still have a benefit over their natural counterparts from their AAS.

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
^This! It's been proven in recent studies that athletes who even did one cycle decades before still have a benefit over their natural counterparts from their AAS.
I dont know about that, the main idea is to supplement gains with more calories. Taking AAS does not give you the edge for a lifetime of weightlifting, they can augment gains, but taking steroids once isnt going to make you anymore of a muscle gainer. Its consistent time in WO's and diet.

Machwon1

Awards
  • Established
If taking aas years before still have a affect... Wouldn't Arnold look a hell of alot better.... Maybe if he starts working out again...

berraco47

Awards
The only way your going to lose it is if you stop training and eating as your supposed to. You can't just take off from the gym and expect to look the same! Also it's not advisable to cut after PH right away. Your supposed to wait a while so that your body has time to adjust to the new muscle and of course your going to have to eat more than before cycle to keep that added mass on you.

lowkick

Awards
If taking aas years before still have a affect... Wouldn't Arnold look a hell of alot better.... Maybe if he starts working out again...
if arnold didnt have all that fat covering his muscles he would look good

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Increasing nuclei would mean an increase in actual muscle cells aka hyperplasia, but there is very, very little evidence of this occurring outside of adolescence.

Citation needed.

SkItZoId

SkItZoId

Awards
  • Established
I always thought over a period of non steroid use the gains made from previous cyles would all be lost.

princeshock

princeshock

Awards
This is a touchy subject indeed. Those two guys that were talking about it in your gym are not very far off. Yeah you can retain your gains but no matter what you do, you will look a bit more impressive while on something powerful than not being on something. Allot of the time people are not satisfied with doing only one cycle or a couple. If your trying to blow the **** up while staying legal then your probobly going to keep cycling and cycling orals and sooner or later your time off will get shorter and then you will notice you can't keep your gains very well and then well its kind of a dead end from there i guess?. If you do like ONE cycle and you havn't even reached your natural potential yet then you will have any easy time keeping your gains.