Topical spiro against body hair?

crazy gains

Awards
I was talking with a friend of mine today (female) about body hair, contraceptives, cyproterone and lasers etc. She has trouble with her face and arms, but now after the laser her face looks ok. But her arms don't look perfect so i thought if blocking the DHT receptors there, would do anything. I am going to make some spironolactone lotion for my hair soon, so i thought to give her some. Would it worth to try?

crazy gains

Awards
girls shouldnt use spiro
Actually it is BOYS that shouldn't use it oraly, at least not for long. Especially a bodybuilder that is bloated from roids as he will be exposed to more gyno risk.

I did some research and it results that even oral spiro is fine against body hair and the topical has no systemic side-effects. I will gift my friend some of my product when i will make it, thats sure! :)

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I think it might be a bit of hassle on the arms since there is so much surface area to cover. I heard of women using on the upper chin but not on the arms.

Is she having hormonal problems like PCOS? Abnormally high levels of test. Good for the gym, lousy in other ways.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Its commonly prescribed for hirsutism I think
Your right. There are a large number of studies on this. Also flutamide and some other drugs are used to combat hirsutism.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Just get the solution and put it into a spray bottle....that's what I wanna do...

DevilSmack

DevilSmack

Awards
Topical spiro has a bunch of systemic side-effects. It makes me depressed as hell, aggravates a small case of gyno I have, and gives my voice (which is normally deep) a higher pitch. All evidence that it lowers test and increases estrogen. It does not matter how small of a dose I use either. Just a small drop (and I mean very small) of the 5% cream to the sides of my hair-line gives me side-effects every time.

My buddy's girlfriend took oral spiro and it made her an aggressive bitch. A medical doctor friend of mine told me that even though Spiro has anti-androgen effects in men, it can have some androgenic effects on women.

Bottlon line: don't use it.