no gains on halo...? =/

augmaster88

Awards
so im ending my 5th week of halovar and im only up maybe 3lbs at the most. granted im not eating like crazy, my goal was to gain some muscle weight, while leaning down a little. i know this can be hard, but im definitely not on a serious cut, im still eating. i was hoping for maybe like 5-7lb increase by now, but iv got pretty much nothing =( my cycle is 50/75/75/75/75/75 , so im on my 4th week at 75mg.

i look a little bigger in the mirror, and my weights are definitely up, but no weight gain to show for it. im also taking in enough protein just so you guys know. im not eating massive amounts of food, but im still hitting at least 1g per pound of body weight through shakes (when i was bulking id get most of my protein from food, right now im trying to save some cals) im hitting the gym hard with all my compounds in also. im actually hitting legs twice a week, because of the increased recovery. you would think that if anything would bring up my weight, it would be legs, but i guess not in my case =X

i think i covered pretty much everythign thats going on in my cycle right now. do you guys have any idea why im not gaining? maybe some suggestions to what i can do? keep in mind, this is my 2nd time running halo, but the last time i ran halo was over a year ago.

thanks,

-nick

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
not gaining=not eating /thread

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
not gaining=not eating /thread
hes right....

you cant be eating like a bird and expect to grow like a caveman...

i bet if u eat a 12oz steak every night, 2 chicken breasts every afternoon and 10 eggs every morning youll gain at least another 5 lbs in the next 2 weeks (regardless of whatever else you eat)

cant understand why people think steroids are the answer to all their problems..... its prob somewhere around 80-90% diet and has very little to do with what your taking

the only way i can see someone growing in spite of a poor diet is if they pin retarded amounts of AAS and seriously F up their body

did you expect to see a 20lb gain from a halo cycle?

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The way you've described your diet sounds similar to running a recomp, which means that you're basically losing fat close to the same proportions in which you're gaining muscle. This will result in a different look in the mirror as well as an increase in strength, but the scale will change only slightly.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's likely your diet. If you're worried about gaining some fat, just add more carbs around your workouts (before and after). Nutrient timing can be manipulated to help you better reach your goals.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Halo isn't very strong anyways, just thought I'd toss that out there

AwfullyAmazin

Awards
^^ This.

I never even ran Halo before up until now since I'm trying to diet down. Nothing seems out of the ordinary after 4 weeks compared to training naturally.

feelslikeiwastedmymoney/10

And I'm using PP's LV Turinabol which is suppose to be great at 60-75mg. I'm running it at 60/60/75/75/90/90/90 for a 7 weeker, so hopefully it picks up next week when I bump to 90!

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
^^ This.

I never even ran Halo before up until now since I'm trying to diet down. Nothing seems out of the ordinary after 4 weeks compared to training naturally.

feelslikeiwastedmymoney/10

And I'm using PP's LV Turinabol which is suppose to be great at 60-75mg. I'm running it at 60/60/75/75/90/90/90 for a 7 weeker, so hopefully it picks up next week when I bump to 90!
kicked in @ 3rd week for me.....

and you gotta also understand, its not gunna make you blow up... 10lbs in the mirror is hard to see... especially when your looking at yourself every day

augmaster88

Awards
hes right....

you cant be eating like a bird and expect to grow like a caveman...

i bet if u eat a 12oz steak every night, 2 chicken breasts every afternoon and 10 eggs every morning youll gain at least another 5 lbs in the next 2 weeks (regardless of whatever else you eat)

cant understand why people think steroids are the answer to all their problems..... its prob somewhere around 80-90% diet and has very little to do with what your taking

the only way i can see someone growing in spite of a poor diet is if they pin retarded amounts of AAS and seriously F up their body

did you expect to see a 20lb gain from a halo cycle?
im not eating like a bird, just not overindulging. i dont thihnk steroids are the answer to my "problems" either. my diet is spot on also, why do you assume my diet is poor? just because im not eating like an animal, doesnt mean my diet sucks. no, i didnt expect 20lbs. if you read my post , i even said that i was expecting about 5-7lbs by now. i dont want to gain fat by taking in a lot of extra cals/carbs, because i need to stay lean/fast for football.

The way you've described your diet sounds similar to running a recomp, which means that you're basically losing fat close to the same proportions in which you're gaining muscle. This will result in a different look in the mirror as well as an increase in strength, but the scale will change only slightly.

Not to beat a dead horse, but it's likely your diet. If you're worried about gaining some fat, just add more carbs around your workouts (before and after). Nutrient timing can be manipulated to help you better reach your goals.
yes, im trying to do a recomp type cycle. i just thought the halo might help me gain a few (no, not 10+ lbs) pounds in the meantime. i always have carbs before and after my workouts. before my workout ill have at least an apple as my carb source. post workout ill have my protein shake w/ grinded up raw oats. then my post workout meal will have a good amount of carbs also.

AwfullyAmazin

Awards
kicked in @ 3rd week for me.....

and you gotta also understand, its not gunna make you blow up... 10lbs in the mirror is hard to see... especially when your looking at yourself every day
Eh, I'm dieting down, just figured I would see a noticable difference in atleast holding muscle mass while dropping the fat. =/

What did you run it at?

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
you say you are recomping, that being the case your statement of "i was hoping for maybe like 5-7lb increase by now" makes no sense and is contradictory.

If you want to see the 5-7lb increase than you need to eat for it. If you are eating for recomp you are not going to see it. pretty cut and dry here.

augmaster88

Awards
you say you are recomping, that being the case your statement of "i was hoping for maybe like 5-7lb increase by now" makes no sense and is contradictory.

If you want to see the 5-7lb increase than you need to eat for it. If you are eating for recomp you are not going to see it. pretty cut and dry here.
i was going by the fact that the first time i ran halo, i put on about 12lbs. this was a bulk obviously. so i figured i would be able to gain 5-7 lbs on a recomp this time around, but i guess not?

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
i was going by the fact that the first time i ran halo, i put on about 12lbs. this was a bulk obviously. so i figured i would be able to gain 5-7 lbs on a recomp this time around, but i guess not?
A recomp just means to build muscle and lose fat... your weight would stay the same......bf % and lbm% would change...

If u eat exactly what I told you, you will see 5-7 lbs without "over-eating"

For me, it took 3 weeks to kick in, I took it eating about 800 cals over maintenence and had great gains ...

Give us a rundown of your macros for a day

Cals

Fat
Carbs
Protien

Do you know your maintenance cals?

Do you do manual labor or have a stressful work environment?

How many hours a night are you sleeping?

Do you drink?

Are you lifting like a little girl?

How often do you squat?

You wanna put size on? Go deadlift... I got a feeling your one of those guys that has an arm only day, and you only squat and deadlift once a month

I bet if u squatted 2x a week and ate exactly what i said, you would grow like a weed

So many factors here, and the list continues...

Im not talking down to you or trying to flame, I've been in the same position as you, we have a lot in common, just try to take what i, and others say as lightly,and as constructivly
As possible

Oh YUH, almost forgot........next time, just run test!

augmaster88

Awards
A recomp just means to build muscle and lose fat... your weight would stay the same......bf % and lbm% would change...

If u eat exactly what I told you, you will see 5-7 lbs without "over-eating"

For me, it took 3 weeks to kick in, I took it eating about 800 cals over maintenence and had great gains ...

Give us a rundown of your macros for a day

Cals

Fat
Carbs
Protien

Do you know your maintenance cals?

Do you do manual labor or have a stressful work environment?

How many hours a night are you sleeping?

Do you drink?

Are you lifting like a little girl?

How often do you squat?

You wanna put size on? Go deadlift... I got a feeling your one of those guys that has an arm only day, and you only squat and deadlift once a month

I bet if u squatted 2x a week and ate exactly what i said, you would grow like a weed

So many factors here, and the list continues...

Im not talking down to you or trying to flame, I've been in the same position as you, we have a lot in common, just try to take what i, and others say as lightly,and as constructivly
As possible

Oh YUH, almost forgot........next time, just run test!
im not sure about an exact number on my maintenance cals. its tough because some days i burn a lot more cals than other days, no 2 days are alike for me. however i do know that,

-im eating a decent amount, but not TOO much
- im eating carbs in the morning AND pre/post workout, so im not low on carbs
- im getting at least 1g protein per lb of bodyweight
- im taking in good amount of fats through cashews, sunflower/Xtra V olive oil, and supplemental fish/flax oil.

- sleep is good
- work is kind of physical , but im not doing any other cardio on cycle
- i squat and deadlift at least once a week,
- i workout legs TWICE a week.
- no, i dont have an arm only day.
- i hardly drink, and of course im not drinking at all while on cycle.

- not sure about the test, i hate needles. however, i will get bloodwork after my cycle.

-nick

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
im not sure about an exact number on my maintenance cals. its tough because some days i burn a lot more cals than other days, no 2 days are alike for me. however i do know that,

-im eating a decent amount, but not TOO much
- im eating carbs in the morning AND pre/post workout, so im not low on carbs
- im getting at least 1g protein per lb of bodyweight
- im taking in good amount of fats through cashews, sunflower/Xtra V olive oil, and supplemental fish/flax oil.

- sleep is good
- work is kind of physical , but im not doing any other cardio on cycle
- i squat and deadlift at least once a week,
- i workout legs TWICE a week.
- no, i dont have an arm only day.
- i hardly drink, and of course im not drinking at all while on cycle.

- not sure about the test, i hate needles. however, i will get bloodwork after my cycle.

-nick
Nick, i must have missed this.... if you are doing everything you have said, you should be gaining weight, re-assess your intake and find whats the problem

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
i think i barely put in an extra 500-600 cals/day - i put on 10+ pounds, i think? just a few extra glasses of milk went a long way.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
so im ending my 5th week of halovar and im only up maybe 3lbs at the most. granted im not eating like crazy, my goal was to gain some muscle weight, while leaning down a little. i know this can be hard, but im definitely not on a serious cut, im still eating. i was hoping for maybe like 5-7lb increase by now, but iv got pretty much nothing =( my cycle is 50/75/75/75/75/75 , so im on my 4th week at 75mg.

i look a little bigger in the mirror, and my weights are definitely up, but no weight gain to show for it. im also taking in enough protein just so you guys know. im not eating massive amounts of food, but im still hitting at least 1g per pound of body weight through shakes (when i was bulking id get most of my protein from food, right now im trying to save some cals) im hitting the gym hard with all my compounds in also. im actually hitting legs twice a week, because of the increased recovery. you would think that if anything would bring up my weight, it would be legs, but i guess not in my case =X

i think i covered pretty much everythign thats going on in my cycle right now. do you guys have any idea why im not gaining? maybe some suggestions to what i can do? keep in mind, this is my 2nd time running halo, but the last time i ran halo was over a year ago.

thanks,

-nick
sounds like your cycle is going very well to me. if you want more weight gains on a recomp diet, hd isn't the product for you. if that is what you are looking for, then superdrol will be your answer.

I was against sd/dimethazine originally, but I think my next cycle is going to be sd/dimeth/max lmg.

but yea, your 2nd run with halo to me sounds like it is going good, not sure why you were expecting such big numbers. maybe you should look into oral turinabol. it's quite a bit stronger than hd.

jacked814

Awards
1gram/pound might be ok for normal diets, but on cycle you should be getting 1.3/pound atleast. With that said, I loved H-drol it was my first and also my favorite cycle, I put on 15lb in 5.5 weeks, running it at 50/50/75/75/100, and made amazing strength gains. Since then I have also ran DMZ, and still had better results with the H-drol.

augmaster88

Awards
Nick, i must have missed this.... if you are doing everything you have said, you should be gaining weight, re-assess your intake and find whats the problem
hey, thanks for the input though. my cycle is over and im actually up 4-5lbs now. i guess i cant complain about gaining 5lbs while leaning out in 6 weeks right.

i think i barely put in an extra 500-600 cals/day - i put on 10+ pounds, i think? just a few extra glasses of milk went a long way.
on halo? thats good because i know some people have trouble putting on over 10lbs while bulking w/ halo.

sounds like your cycle is going very well to me. if you want more weight gains on a recomp diet, hd isn't the product for you. if that is what you are looking for, then superdrol will be your answer.

I was against sd/dimethazine originally, but I think my next cycle is going to be sd/dimeth/max lmg.

but yea, your 2nd run with halo to me sounds like it is going good, not sure why you were expecting such big numbers. maybe you should look into oral turinabol. it's quite a bit stronger than hd.
i know, i guess my hopes were too high. i was just hoping for 6-7lbs on this run considering i had about a 12lb increase on my first halo run (bulk)

1gram/pound might be ok for normal diets, but on cycle you should be getting 1.3/pound atleast. With that said, I loved H-drol it was my first and also my favorite cycle, I put on 15lb in 5.5 weeks, running it at 50/50/75/75/100, and made amazing strength gains. Since then I have also ran DMZ, and still had better results with the H-drol.
some days i was gettting more than 1g/lb, but its tough when your trying to lean down without drinking a crapload of shakes. when i was bulking id get almost all of my protein from whole foods because if my calories were higher i wouldnt care. obviously im still eating whole foods now, but im also getting in my protein through more shakes considering its low in cals and high in protein.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless you your weight is 300+ then i never get how ppl say its hard to get over 1g of protein per lb "without drinking a ton of shakes". This drive me crazy since I can get 400+ a day with ease if i wanted without the use of protein powder and keep cals in control. Go buy some fish and chicken and cook it ahead of time. Boom done, whole food lean protein. UGh.

augmaster88

Awards
not much of a fish guy unfortunately, i cook chicken in bulk every week though