Getting headaches when lifting.

Grant

Awards
  • Established
Feels like my head is going to explode, It still hurts hours later. Could this be from higher blood preasure while I am on cycle? IO am on 1 test, 4ad, 4ht. I will start m5aa for the last 2 weeks of my cycle tomorow. I had my pressure checked a few weeks before my cycle and it was fine. I think im going to pick up some hawthorn berry, any other suggestions?

Thanks

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
It could be from an elevated BP. You should have your BP checked during your cycle. Don't use those machines at the local pharmacy. They are not always accurate. Purchase a cuff and stethascope and learn to do it yourself, or have it done for you. Also, don't purchase the cuffs with a digital readout. They can be inaccurate as well.

Hawthorne Berry is a good idea, and should be taken during cycle, and during PCT.

Seasonal allergies cause me to have headaches, which is worsened during resistance training.

If you are experiencing high BP, the M5AA may cause it to get even higher. I would suggest you have your BP checked prior to beginning the M5.

Best of luck to you

Polish_Oak

Board Supporter
Awards
grant,
i has the same problem about 6 years ago while on cycle of Andro-plex 700, seemed likek everytime i was doing a cycle........after i stopped it .....i had to stop goin to the gym for like 3 weeks ........and after that it was back to normal......but my blood pressure was throu the roof 140/180 i was told that i should of been dead ....but some how i made it and changted me PH after that ....never happened again....

Jarconis

Jarconis

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It could be allergies to bro, I am very allergic to molds and grasses, so after it rains where I live , its hell on earth for me. Usually I get the dreaded heacache at the gym, so maybe its just something as common as that.

ballzasteel

Awards
I dont think it is from your cycle. You have probably injured a muscle in your neck which can cause a severe headache for hours. If this is the case the only solution is to stop lifting for a couple of weeks. I have had this happen before on keto diets, when recovery was low and I was more prone to injury. It was seriously the worst headache I have ever had in my life. Couldn't even open my eyes.

ballzasteel

Awards
It seems like I have read somewhere that high blood pressure does not cause headaches but low blood pressure does.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
possibly lack of oxygen to the brain. I used to get headaches after a 800meter race.

200wannabe

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Another thing to consider is your breathing, are you holding your breath as you exert yourself? This can lead to rapidly elevated blood pressure, (there is a name for this valve something or other). Just a thought.

the_invince

Awards
this happened to me

this happened to me to, stop lifting for about a week or so, and it will go away. the way I heard it happens was that when your blood pressure rises fast and high enough it causes a deformation in the wall of an artery in the back of your head/neck causing it to pinch a nerve located nearby causing the pain. it's probably the best sound explanation I've heard for it. but if you stop for a week or so it goes away.​

wranglergirl

wranglergirl

Awards
  • Established
Same thing here, mine I know is stress, I tend to carry stress from work with me to the gym and most days I am lifting and trying to solve the issues at work, ( not a good thing I know) so lately I have been taking my MP3 player and enjoying my music.............no headaches for me now!!!! :)

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
If I could offer a difrent possibility...

You could have a mild herniation in your upper cervical vertibre somewhere.If so, pain can be referred up through your head, because this is where the nerves exiting those first few vertibre go. It can be caused from various things;one of witch could be cocking your head back while trying to get those last couple reps out. over time, this can cause problems. It can be agravated through exercising because of blood pressure elevation and blood filling the muscles in your neck creating exessive pressureon the nerves.

It happened to me. you might want to see a doctor if it worsens.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Another thing to consider is your breathing, are you holding your breath as you exert yourself? This can lead to rapidly elevated blood pressure, (there is a name for this valve something or other). Just a thought.

Yes, this happened to me when I was doing heavy chins just the other week. I felt like a popped a blood vessel and I got this sharp pain running from the side of my forehead and down to my jaw. It hurt so fvcking bad....after that I always make sure I breathe properly now on the positive movements....

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
Yes, this happened to me when I was doing heavy chins just the other week. I felt like a popped a blood vessel and I got this sharp pain running from the side of my forehead and down to my jaw. It hurt so fvcking bad....after that I always make sure I breathe properly now on the positive movements....
What you just described is related to the nerves traveling through the side of your head and jaw. If it travels, it is likely related to nerves. Something to think about.

stryder

stryder

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Similar thing happened to me doing leg presses. Was holding my breath and cocking my head forward and straining hard as hell. All of a sudden the room was spinning and I felt like I was going to pass out. After that anytime I put strain on my neck or upper back I had such a terrible sharp pain in my head that it felt like an ice pick was jabbed into my head. I've never felt that kind of intense pain before. It happened days after the incident...had to take 2 weeks off to recover. Talked to a therapist and they said that I had strained a muscle that ran from my upper back to neck and that it would heal in a few weeks...and it did but couldn't lift at all during that time...
The lesson I learned: always breath properly when lifting and keep your neck supported on the pad when doing leg presses!

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
What you just described is related to the nerves traveling through the side of your head and jaw. If it travels, it is likely related to nerves. Something to think about.

sweet

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
make sure you aren't clenching your teeth while lifting...clenching can cause headaches, especially if you are unaware that you are clenching and therefore do it all the time

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
It seems like I have read somewhere that high blood pressure does not cause headaches but low blood pressure does.
That is bad info then. It is common knowledge that high BP can cause headaches.

Bottom line is...have your BP properly checked! If this is ruled out, then you can consider the other possibilities that have been suggested.

ballzasteel

Awards
Common knowledge or Common myth?
I have not seen any proof that high blood pressure causes headaches. Many studies have found that hypertensive individuals actually have a reduced risk for headaches. Also, during resistance training blood pressure can get very very high among any individual. It seems that if high blood pressure caused headaches, then all of us would have headaches every time we train.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Well, if you read what I said, I said "can cause headaches." It is a common known symptom, not a "myth."

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I was just speaking from experience myself

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Common knowledge or Common myth?
I have not seen any proof that high blood pressure causes headaches. Many studies have found that hypertensive individuals actually have a reduced risk for headaches. Also, during resistance training blood pressure can get very very high among any individual. It seems that if high blood pressure caused headaches, then all of us would have headaches every time we train.
I have seen proof, in medical books, common pamphelets, talking with doctors, not to mention my wife is a nurse.

I would like to see the studies that you refer to that hypertensive individuals actually have a reduced risk. There are some people who suffer from high BP that are asymptomatic (without symptoms). However, the number one sign and symptom of hypertension is headache .

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
That is only a "suggestion" from an article in 2002 that has no references. It also does not say that hypertension "does not cause headaches" , as you have said. It says that it may be less common in those who have high blood pressure.

Here's something from one credible site.

ballzasteel

Awards
I hear ya. I agree that high blood pressure can cause headaches, but I do know that low blood pressure also can cause them.