Drinking while on cycle

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
I just started an H-drol cycle and was wondering if it is very safe to drink? I'm only at 50 mg a day right now with 8 caps of cycle assist a day.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I guess that depends on your definition of "drink"

I think any and all alchohol is frowned upon while taking a methylated steroid.

Will it kill you if you have a glass of wine at dinner one night? No.

Are you an idiot if you go out and have 6-7drinks and a few shots next Friday? IMO, yes.

You only get one liver. Your taking a steroid. Forget the booze, focus on making the best of your cycle.

Good luck

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To put it in some context,

A) at 5'10" and 165, you didn't need a steroid, probably just needed help on your diet / training (and to stop drinking as much)
B) as Hawk said a single drink won't likely kill you
C) everyone's response to steroids or steroids with alcohol is different. There are people who ended up in the hospital with liver issues 5 days into a cycle, and people who take 4x as many methyls and are fine
D) drinking will reduce your gains

So its not really worth it. If you are already risking your hormone system to try and get 10 pounds of gains, you really don't need to add more risks into the equation

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established

A) at 5'10" and 165, you didn't need a steroid, probably just needed help on your diet / training (and to stop drinking as much)
C) everyone's response to steroids or steroids with alcohol is different. There are people who ended up in the hospital with liver issues 5 days into a cycle, and people who take 4x as many methyls and are fine

So its not really worth it. If you are already risking your hormone system to try and get 10 pounds of gains, you really don't need to add more risks into the equation

agred :yup::yup::yup:

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah but drinkins kool and after I get drunk I can show my buddies how much I can lift!. A shot after every set.

MakaveliThaDon

Awards
  • Established

listen to Easy. I mean there are quite a few reasons one could give NOT to drink. But if just the fact that drinking is going to diminish your gains in the gym ISN'T enough for you, then obviously the concern about your liver should be.

Personall I've never drank alcohol before, and I'm 25. It's just a personal choice. I started dieting/weight training very young, and absolutely anything that's going to negatively impact either of those for me has never been ok with me if I have a choice in the matter.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
Pretty much the answer I expected but thank you all for the input! I think I will take 8 weeks off from drinking.

juiceman909

Awards
The people that tend to have issues in this area are the ones that are likely to have issues no matter what. It's unfortunate for them, but it's not our fault.

If I'm going to drink alcohol I simply don't take any methyls the day I'm drinking or the day after. Never had an issue.

Of course, that's just me.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Judging from your name your in college so ik it's hard not to drink but if you want to run a meth oral cycle it's highly advised to stat sober

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
Judging from your name your in college so ik it's hard not to drink but if you want to run a meth oral cycle it's highly advised to stat sober
Ya I'm in college. And I know its a bad idea to drink, the only reason I asked is cuz I don't know how to tell them I can't drink cuz I don't want em knowin I'm on roids. But after all the replies ill def be sober the next 8 weeks

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I'm in college and would never cycle when school is in session for this reason, way to much push to get drunk. Sure you could say no, but then everyone thinks your a weirdo. I just wait for summer, soon as school's out I will start pre-loading supports.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
I quit drinking for a few months(4-5) in HIGHSCHOOL. At first, people busted my balls a bit, then I got respect for it...truth. People are intrigued when someone doesn't follow the "norm."

Plus when all the females are super wasted, you've got the edge with a clear head....also truth.

EArch

Awards
  • Established
I quit drinking for a few months(4-5) in HIGHSCHOOL. At first, people busted my balls a bit, then I got respect for it...truth. People are intrigued when someone doesn't follow the "norm."

Plus when all the females are super wasted, you've got the edge with a clear head....also truth.
And a fully functional you no what. no whisky ****

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
And a fully functional you no what. no whisky ****

So I guess you guys think that raping females is cool too. I guess thats the mentality of a drunkard.

Hawk

Hawk

Awards
  • Established
So I guess you guys think that raping females is cool too. I guess thats the mentality of a drunkard.
What the hell kind of retard post is that?

I think you need to re-read my post or somethin.

ETA: and apologize. I don't let internet talk get get too me, but that is over the top....raping females??? what the fukc?

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I think its fine to have a few beers here and there, but no reason to have to get totally wasted to have a good time. Why not just have a few on a Friday night or something and get a little buzzed, but not so much your hung over and feeling awful the next day?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I drank in college while on cycle BUT i was running Tes E/EQ so it was a bit different. I had no clue to what i was doing, I got stuff from a buddy and he told me to run 2cc's of each 2x a wk. I again, I didnt have a clue...

CoorsLight126

CoorsLight126

Awards
I'm not trying to go against the grain here, but a few drinks once a week or so isnt NEARLY as toxic as anadrol or dbol. Not advocating it, but guys talk like a few drinks here and there will kill ya if your on cycle and its simply not true. Like I said, I'm not advocating it, but lets be realistic here. Now hardcore college drinking on the other hand, NADA!!

juiceman909

Awards
Ya I'm in college. And I know its a bad idea to drink, the only reason I asked is cuz I don't know how to tell them I can't drink cuz I don't want em knowin I'm on roids. But after all the replies ill def be sober the next 8 weeks
If you really can't resist, and I know it's hard to not have fun like everyone else, just don't take any orals the day you drink or the day after. Keep taking your liver protection during those days, though.

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
I think its fine to have a few beers here and there, but no reason to have to get totally wasted to have a good time. Why not just have a few on a Friday night or something and get a little buzzed, but not so much your hung over and feeling awful the next day?
thanks man. I think ill just 3-4 and just act like im drinking the rest of the night. I appreciate all the input guys!!!

ISU152

ISU152

Awards
If you really can't resist, and I know it's hard to not have fun like everyone else, just don't take any orals the day you drink or the day after. Keep taking your liver protection during those days, though.
nah, getting big gains is alot more important to me then drinking so im not gonna miss any days