Self Medicating after Testicular Cancer

Fr4nk13

Awards
Hello all,

This is my first post, so I'm very sorry if this is in the wrong place, but I have a couple questions for you all.

In 2009 I was diagnosed with testicular cancer, and had one of my testicles removed. I also went through 9 weeks of chemotherapy and another major surgery (have a huge scar on my belly from it).

My question is, given the fact that I only have one testicle, would I be at greater risk of serious sides if I ran a cycle of test? I've looked everywhere and can't find any documentation on it.

Current stats:
5' 9.5"
173 lbs
11% BF

Fr4nk13

Awards
I had them test it when I was in last and it was about 560 (middle average).

youngguns555

Awards
the testis don't regulate how much is made , that is the anterior pituitary's job with the release of LH. Just because you have one testicle doesn't mean you will will have low test. I would be weary of recovery though. Due to the fact you only have one you might put more stress on the interstitual cells/leydig cells. So just make sure you give yourself plenty of recovery time afterwards.

MikeGfilms

MikeGfilms

Awards
  • Established
the testis don't regulate how much is made , that is the anterior pituitary's job with the release of LH. Just because you have one testicle doesn't mean you will will have low test. I would be weary of recovery though. Due to the fact you only have one you might put more stress on the interstitual cells/leydig cells. So just make sure you give yourself plenty of recovery time afterwards.
Oh cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Fr4nk13

Awards
Thanks for the info. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess up my one good one. Haha