First PH Stack Review/Feedback

shm03

Awards
Hey all,

First post here, been training for the past 3-4 years and the past year or so has been really dedicated, minimum 3 heavy weights sessions and 2 cardio ones a week, I follow a paleo diet with carb ups and I have been getting some good results. I have been cutting down for the past 6 months or so, and I am at a point where my bodyfat is around 10-12%, I used to be 25%+ a few years ago.

The plan is to add some muscle whilst minimizing fat gain - not really a recomp, just a lean bulk. My training will be probably based around a DC style of training or a heavy olympic/powerlifting program - squats, deads, bench cleans, press etc.

My diet follows a leangains style intermittent fast along with carb backloading for more info: Google Silverhydra's Cheat Mode diet.

Diet:
2 Hours Pre: 8 Scrambled Eggs - 800 Cals
Feast: 750g of Meat + Unlimited Veg - 2000-3000 Cals
Snack: 50g Milk Protein and 300g Cottage Cheese - 440 Cals
(My Stats are: Weight: 185lbs, Height: 6ft4, Bodyfat: 10-12% Age: 21)

As for supplements, I currently taken animal pak and muscle marinade but I am looking to try purus labs halovar as muscle marinade is awesome! I also managed to get my hands on some clen from a friend.

Supplements:
Animal Pak: Taken with feast
Animal Flex: Taken with feast
Animal Aminos: Taken during fast
Animal Cuts: Taken during fast

Muscle Marinade with added creatine, beta alanine and bcaas pre workout

Halovar: 75/75/75/75/100/100
Organ Shield: 2 Caps EveryDay

Recycle: Weeks 1-4
Z-Force: Weeks 1-4
6-oxo: Weeks 4-6

Clen: Weeks 4-6
Taurine: Weeks 4-6
Potassium: Weeks 4-6

What do you guys think, is it a decent stack and is it worthwhile or should I just stick to the Universal Stuff?

Saintly

Awards
As for supplements, I currently taken animal pak and muscle marinade but I am looking to try purus labs halovar as muscle marinade is awesome! I also managed to get my hands on some clen from a friend.
So you wanna try a company's PH because its pre-workout is good? Please tell me you have some other reasons for considering running a PH.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
6ft 4, 185 and u wanna take a PH? u have to be kidding me. people always wanna find the easy way to get big but dont realize the sides u get.

first of all, what is your goal? how much do u want to weigh?

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
Diet:
Is this ur current diet? or the diet u plan on using when on a PH? im a bit shocked by ur body specifications.

If u've been cutting weight for the past 6 months then u should redirect ur focus on building muscle. Save the PH for when u plateau.

drudixon

Awards
Hey all,

First post here, been training for the past 3-4 years and the past year or so has been really dedicated, minimum 3 heavy weights sessions and 2 cardio ones a week, I follow a paleo diet with carb ups and I have been getting some good results. I have been cutting down for the past 6 months or so, and I am at a point where my bodyfat is around 10-12%, I used to be 25%+ a few years ago.

The plan is to add some muscle whilst minimizing fat gain - not really a recomp, just a lean bulk. My training will be probably based around a DC style of training or a heavy olympic/powerlifting program - squats, deads, bench cleans, press etc.

My diet follows a leangains style intermittent fast along with carb backloading for more info: Google Silverhydra's Cheat Mode diet.

Diet:

Supplements:
Animal Pak: Taken with feast
Animal Flex: Taken with feast
Animal Aminos: Taken during fast
Animal Cuts: Taken during fast

Muscle Marinade with added creatine, beta alanine and bcaas pre workout

Halovar: 75/75/75/75/100/100
Organ Shield: 2 Caps EveryDay

Recycle: Weeks 1-4
Z-Force: Weeks 1-4
6-oxo: Weeks 4-6

Clen: Weeks 4-6
Taurine: Weeks 4-6
Potassium: Weeks 4-6

What do you guys think, is it a decent stack and is it worthwhile or should I just stick to the Universal Stuff?
Following Paleo's going to make it difficult, albeit not impossible to gain size. The entire process will be faster if you eat, then cut later. Bulking doesn't mean eating pizza's and snickers. It means having a steady stream of calories to ensure that protein is used for muscle, not energy.

shm03

Awards
So you wanna try a company's PH because its pre-workout is good? Please tell me you have some other reasons for considering running a PH.
Not just that, but I have read some decent reviews of it and people tend to keep the majority of gains after their cycle. Plus the purus reps really know their stuff.

6ft 4, 185 and u wanna take a PH? u have to be kidding me. people always wanna find the easy way to get big but dont realize the sides u get.

first of all, what is your goal? how much do u want to weigh?
Well I used to be majorly overweight - 300lbs+ but I had a decent bit of muscle and I know I have lost some whilst losing the fat, I know that just concentrating on lifting and eating right I could make some decent gains. As for goals its more strength orientated rather than weight. I really want to get my Bench up another 100lbs, Squat up 150lbs and Dead up 175lbs.

Is this ur current diet? or the diet u plan on using when on a PH? im a bit shocked by ur body specifications.

If u've been cutting weight for the past 6 months then u should redirect ur focus on building muscle. Save the PH for when u plateau.
Its an idea of the kind of thing I would like to do on the PH. I am currently following something simillar, but with a more varied feast. Loads of veg and loads of meat and some BCAAs pre workout.

A reply to all:

Is the general consensus to ignore the PH for now? What about the other supplements are they worthwile? I have the clen already should I just save it for later?

shm03

Awards
Following Paleo's going to make it difficult, albeit not impossible to gain size. The entire process will be faster if you eat, then cut later. Bulking doesn't mean eating pizza's and snickers. It means having a steady stream of calories to ensure that protein is used for muscle, not energy.
I don't have a problem with eating big :D. I can comfortably put away 1.5kg of meat in session along with a few large bowls of veg. I just really don't want to put on too much fat, its taken me a long time to finally get a decent bodyfat percentage after always being the fat guy. Thats the main reason I was looking into prohormones as it should make it easier to put on muscle whilst minimizing fat gain.

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
A reply to all:

Is the general consensus to ignore the PH for now? What about the other supplements are they worthwile? I have the clen already should I just save it for later?
I would say save the PH for later. I know you've been cutting for a while, but dont be scared to put a little fat back on, it helps with building muscle. Like what drudixon said, take in a steady amount of calories, enough to fuel ur muscles in the building process. You will see gains if you are eating well and lifting hard. After making noticable progress in that direction, that should be when you start researching a PH.

Im not saying u have this problem but maybe u just need to make the mental transition of focussing on building muscle, vs. focussing on losing weight.

also, save the clen, it's a thermogenic, fat burner, i dont think u need that right now.

shm03

Awards
I would say save the PH for later. I know you've been cutting for a while, but dont be scared to put a little fat back on, it helps with building muscle. Like what drudixon said, take in a steady amount of calories, enough to fuel ur muscles in the building process. You will see gains if you are eating well and lifting hard. After making noticable progress in that direction, that should be when you start researching a PH.

Im not saying u have this problem but maybe u just need to make the mental transition of focussing on building muscle, vs. focussing on losing weight.

also, save the clen, it's a thermogenic, fat burner, i dont think u need that right now.
Thanks for the feedback.