minimal alcohol consumption while on cycle.

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
I've searched around a little and most threads are primarily discussion the stress it can put on your liver. I rarely drink as it is, maybe once every couple of weeks, 2, 3 drinks, usually have no hang over off, usually vodka with sugar free energy drink or diet (sugar free) tonix is my drink of choice (not always available), always am conscious of my water consumption and end the night w a protein shake. anyways my main question is obviously alcohol in general should be avoided while on cycle, but how bad is it, besides from the liver toxicity, will it effect hormone test levels at all? (my main concern)

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I read/hear alot of different views on this. There are several factors to consider:
1. Are you taking an oral or injectable?
2. Methylated or non-methylated(if oral)
3. Do you make poor eating decisions while drinking and not eat the next morning due to nausea?

Me personally, if I am taking a oral, I try to avoid and keep alcohol to a minimum. Its bad enough how appetite suffers on a methylated oral without aggravating it w alcohol.
If not, definently not a big deal imo.
I see alot of really nutty posts about how alcohol reduces testosterone levels sooooooo much. Im aware that it does a small amount but its not as bad as every fitness nut makes it out to be. It kept me from really having the size I wanted in my 20s but now that I drink less in my 30s, Ive never been bigger or stronger but I was boozing HARD in my 20s. I cant imagine how a 3 drink night a few nights a week is going to affect your gains on(or off, really) cycle at all, but others may not agree w me

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
The only thing I would advocate is for a glass of red wine while on....and by a glass i mean just that. A single glass. And not a monster of a wine glass filled to the top either. Just an occasional glass once a week that's done in moderation won't be the end of you.

But personally I just avoid it all together...i've got a goal in mind when i'm on...

808rebel

808rebel

Awards
drinking isnt reccomended. alcohol will hinder your goals, but sometimes peer pressure or cravings prevails, so if you do so, do it sparingly. i know many people who drink on cycle. they're still around.

I will tell you that i made a huge mistake on my first cycle. it JUST so hapenned to be spring break and we ended up at havasu and i got hammered. my piss was disgusting for like 3, 4, or 5 days following i dont really remember. i seriously feel like i could feel my liver hurting. i think my liver was shot for a while. eventually things got back to normal, but it was still a very STUPID thing to do.

everyone's gunna tell you not to drink on cycle, but if you do, do so sparingly. dont get carried away.

TheDarkHalf

TheDarkHalf

Awards
  • Established
drinking isnt reccomended. alcohol will hinder your goals, but sometimes peer pressure or cravings prevails, so if you do so, do it sparingly. i know many people who drink on cycle. they're still around.

I will tell you that i made a huge mistake on my first cycle. it JUST so hapenned to be spring break and we ended up at havasu and i got hammered. my piss was disgusting for like 3, 4, or 5 days following i dont really remember. i seriously feel like i could feel my liver hurting. i think my liver was shot for a while. eventually things got back to normal, but it was still a very STUPID thing to do.

everyone's gunna tell you not to drink on cycle, but if you do, do so sparingly. dont get carried away.
If you do drink to excess on cycle, you can at least expect your hangover to last longer than usual....and what 808 wrote above

FitModel

FitModel

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good. In general I don't drink much. My main concern would b the reduced test levels, its sounding like alcohol minimaly effects this. The reason I ask is cause a bber told me one drink while ON will kill ur test for a week. I assume he's greatly exaggerating...

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
G
Sounds good. In general I don't drink much. My main concern would b the reduced test levels, its sounding like alcohol minimaly effects this. The reason I ask is cause a bber told me one drink while ON will kill ur test for a week. I assume he's greatly exaggerating...
I would say so....

I drank prob 5-6 times total during my 4 months on test(1 month being pct) and didn't have any loss of gains or issues... just keep diet clean as possible and dont make a habit of drinking and you ll be fine... keep banging the weight bro!

Gavin9

Awards
I like drinking, but on cycle i have no problem stopping. My goals keep me from drinking and there are other alternatives to drinking especially while on a methylated oral i make sure i stay away from alcohol.

fightclub2012

fightclub2012

Awards
  • Established
I like drinking, but on cycle i have no problem stopping. My goals keep me from drinking and there are other alternatives to drinking especially while on a methylated oral i make sure i stay away from alcohol.
(huge sigh) remember when gamma hydroxybutyrate products were legal, I gotta admit (just my opinion) that was way better than any alcohol beverage and from 'what' I remember it was nontoxic, unfortunately, people abused it and, well, you guys know how it all went down.

Last edited: