Accidental Vein Injection

Habermas

Awards
Hi people,

Let me share my latest injection experience with you guys so that maybe, if one day, something close to that happens to any of you, you can avoid making the same mistake I made.

Last tuesday I was in my injection day, prepared to hit delts (I always rotate delts, thighs and glutes). So I pinned my right delt, and I must say, it did hurt a lot more than the other times just for the needle to come in, but I never really cared too much about pain, so I just kept going through (maybe I should start listening to my body a little more).

Then I aspirated, as always. When I did it, it didn't come that vacuum, as it usually happens. But it didn't come any blood also. I aspirated three times, same results, no vacuum, no blood. Only thing that happened was a slightly change in the pressure inside the syringe.

I know, if there is something strange, take it out and start it over. But in that moment, I was kinda anxious and didn't do it that way. I thought: "ok, it came no blood" and injected it. I immediately felt the numbness in my shoulder, and when I took it out it bled a lot (really, A LOT, and the blood came out with some considerable pressure).

I was a little worried, wasn't sure if it was inside my vein or if I just passed through one, so I laid down on my bed and tried to relax a bit. Some time later, I got my responde. The oil reached my lung. 1,5cc. For real, the next 5 minutes I thought I was going to die, you really don't want to feel that way.

And all this story was just for telling you guys one thing: "if that vacuum does not come, do not do it. It doesn't matter if it comes blood or not. I guess for some reason my blood was just too thick at that moment, and didn't pass the needle. But mostly, if ANYTHING, really, ANYTHING, odd happens, stop what you're doing, and start over. You probably won't know what it is at the moment, just don't risk it".

Hope some of you learn from that, and please, don't be stupid as I was. Also, if there are a lot of english mistakes, I'm really sorry, as I'm not a native speaker.

mister.fantasti

Awards
Hi people,

Let me share my latest injection experience with you guys so that maybe, if one day, something close to that happens to any of you, you can avoid making the same mistake I made.

Last tuesday I was in my injection day, prepared to hit delts (I always rotate delts, thighs and glutes). So I pinned my right delt, and I must say, it did hurt a lot more than the other times just for the needle to come in, but I never really cared too much about pain, so I just kept going through (maybe I should start listening to my body a little more).

Then I aspirated, as always. When I did it, it didn't come that vacuum, as it usually happens. But it didn't come any blood also. I aspirated three times, same results, no vacuum, no blood. Only thing that happened was a slightly change in the pressure inside the syringe.

I know, if there is something strange, take it out and start it over. But in that moment, I was kinda anxious and didn't do it that way. I thought: "ok, it came no blood" and injected it. I immediately felt the numbness in my shoulder, and when I took it out it bled a lot (really, A LOT, and the blood came out with some considerable pressure).

I was a little worried, wasn't sure if it was inside my vein or if I just passed through one, so I laid down on my bed and tried to relax a bit. Some time later, I got my responde. The oil reached my lung. 1,5cc. For real, the next 5 minutes I thought I was going to die, you really don't want to feel that way.

And all this story was just for telling you guys one thing: "if that vacuum does not come, do not do it. It doesn't matter if it comes blood or not. I guess for some reason my blood was just too thick at that moment, and didn't pass the needle. But mostly, if ANYTHING, really, ANYTHING, odd happens, stop what you're doing, and start over. You probably won't know what it is at the moment, just don't risk it".

Hope some of you learn from that, and please, don't be stupid as I was. Also, if there are a lot of english mistakes, I'm really sorry, as I'm not a native speaker.

Glad you're alright, thanks for sharing. Good reminder.

M.F

Gettinhard

Awards
Habermas, could you tell us in detail what it felt like when you had the reaction? I'm glad your ok dude, I bet that was a very scary feeling :(

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
reached your lung?

wtF! i am an overly paranoid person to begin with. i would have FREAKED!

thats some crazy ****

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Other day bro Same **** happened to me mate. I was injecting hurt like heell! going in i kept going as well . Asipirated and you could see presssure build up in the syringe. Injected, Pulled out injection area was slightly numb. Blood shot out like crazy my girlfriend was freaking out, so that made me panic i became all pale. But that was from the scare.. But i calmed myself down . Scared the **** out of me . Glad we both made it.

Habermas

Awards
Well, I don't know if it was because I injected underground stuff full of alcohol, but I started coughing really really badly for about 10min, it was really difficult to breathe (and when I breathed, it burned like hell). I also felt some need of throwing out (I don't know if that's the english verb for it... things people do when they are pretty drunk or feel bad from roller coasters), but there was nothing there. And some time later, some severe pain in the chest.

The coughing lasted until the next day, but much less severe than that 10min.

You said you went pale, actually, I became kinda purple. I also had some problems with my gf. I do my thighs and delts shots just fine, but she does the glutes. And when she saw me like that she said she's not doing it anymore and that I have to stop it (she never really supported. She is almost becoming a doctor and disagrees with some decisions like that, but at least she was doing it for me).

Lastly, I must say that my right delt is still really sore, and it's been more than 2 days.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Well, I don't know if it was because I injected underground stuff full of alcohol, but I started coughing really really badly for about 10min, it was really difficult to breathe (and when I breathed, it burned like hell). I also felt some need of throwing out (I don't know if that's the english verb for it... things people do when they are pretty drunk or feel bad from roller coasters), but there was nothing there. And some time later, some severe pain in the chest.

The coughing lasted until the next day, but much less severe than that 10min.

You said you went pale, actually, I became kinda purple. I also had some problems with my gf. I do my thighs and delts shots just fine, but she does the glutes. And when she saw me like that she said she's not doing it anymore and that I have to stop it (she never really supported. She is almost becoming a doctor and disagrees with some decisions like that, but at least she was doing it for me).

Lastly, I must say that my right delt is still really sore, and it's been more than 2 days.
Id stay away from the delts. I like the thighs the most. Seems like alot les veins to hit in that area. Yeah bro Seems like you had a panic attack as well