Permanent Damage

BignBad

Awards
I have a question and I think this might be the best place for it. I know someone that feels that steroids have permanently lowered his testosterone. Is that likely to be the case? Can steroids really do that kind of long term damage?

If so, by what mechanism does this occur? Through liver damage? Toxic metabolites?

I'd appreciate any help, so I can give him some good advice...

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Absolutely yes, they can do permanent damage in a variety of ways, depending on the type or types used, the duration, and individual factors.

The best thing he can do is go to a regular MD or an endocrinologist and complain that he's tired all the time, no sex drive, etc and that he saw the television commercial for low testosterone. They'll do bloodwork and go from there.

BignBad

Awards
Absolutely yes, they can do permanent damage in a variety of ways, depending on the type or types used, the duration, and individual factors.

The best thing he can do is go to a regular MD or an endocrinologist and complain that he's tired all the time, no sex drive, etc and that he saw the television commercial for low testosterone. They'll do bloodwork and go from there.
He's already gone to the doc and definitely has low T. Does this mean he might have to be on testosterone the rest of his life? He's a young guy.

Oh and I think he said he used T-Bol...

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
He's already gone to the doc and definitely has low T. Does this mean he might have to be on testosterone the rest of his life? He's a young guy.

I don't know the side effects well enough off the top of my head to comment on T-bol specifically. I'm sure there is lots of information on T-bol sides via Google.

But, regardless of age, you can in fact shut down your natural T production permanently with improper usage of steroids. You'll see guys posting here frequently of all ages stating that they are on permanent TRT as a result of improper steroid use.

Did he not do any type of cycle support, PCT, or did he run it for a very long time and/or at high dosages?

BignBad

Awards
I don't know the side effects well enough off the top of my head to comment on T-bol specifically. I'm sure there is lots of information on T-bol sides via Google.

But, regardless of age, you can in fact shut down your natural T production permanently with improper usage of steroids. You'll see guys posting here frequently of all ages stating that they are on permanent TRT as a result of improper steroid use.

Did he not do any type of cycle support, PCT, or did he run it for a very long time and/or at high dosages?
I'm pretty sure that he has not done anything. He just found out that he has low T and is now in a state of shock cuzz he's so young.

Why? Are you saying there are somethings that can be done to potentially get his T back?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Why? Are you saying there are somethings that can be done to potentially get his T back?
More a curiosity than anything. But, whatever he does, I'd suggest an endocrinologist over "bro science".

BignBad

Awards
More a curiosity than anything. But, whatever he does, I'd suggest an endocrinologist over "bro science".
He's scared out of his mind and will definitely go to an endo, but I sometimes feel the docs don't know as much as they should about non-standard things like this. I was hoping to give him some things to discuss with the endo...

littlekev

Awards
I am new , but not new to aas!
Ok, so im still figuring out how to use this site, untill now i have read about aas and used aas. I figure its time to share knowledge and learn much more!

In regards to the post,
No not necessarily! When i was a newbie and refused to do injections because of a stupid attitude, i did what your posting, used orals and not test, and didn't use proper pct and ended up asking Doc for help! Most doctors are not educated on how to bring up natural test levels, I would tell your friend to work with endocrinology! My family doc puy me on androgel, and used it to make me feel better, but once the androgel was stopped guess what happened, lol. I ended up educating myself and did a proper pct and surprisingly it worked, I couldn't get in with an endo doc. Tell your buddy to stop using orals and start reading and work with a good doc, orals alone are the dumbest thing ever, TEST IS THE BASE! oh and natural test can come back, even if its shut down the pituitary gland can be stimulated into production agian.Thats were endocrinology comes in. tell your friend to Listen to them, and good luck!

henryv

Awards
  • Established

How low is low?
There are various restart protocols with varying success rates.
T-bol as in oral turinabol?
Work with your doc.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
He's scared out of his mind and will definitely go to an endo, but I sometimes feel the docs don't know as much as they should about non-standard things like this. I was hoping to give him some things to discuss with the endo...
HIPPA or HIPAA , whatever it is, protects patients pretty well these days. Tell him to find a sports oriented doctor and tell him to be 100% honest. He may want to really dig in and do some research on his doc if he has options. Find a good sports medicine clinic in his insurance group, assuming he has insu, and see who they work with.

BignBad

Awards
How low is low?
There are various restart protocols with varying success rates.
T-bol as in oral turinabol?
Work with your doc.
Don't know if it was oral. I'll have to ask him.

He was around 150 if I remember right for total testosterone.

BignBad

Awards
HIPPA or HIPAA , whatever it is, protects patients pretty well these days. Tell him to find a sports oriented doctor and tell him to be 100% honest. He may want to really dig in and do some research on his doc if he has options. Find a good sports medicine clinic in his insurance group, assuming he has insu, and see who they work with.
Sorry waht's hippa? A way to kick-start your T?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
HIPPA is the privacy notice you sign when you go to a doctor these days. It designates who can and who cannot look at your medical records. That way, you can be 100% honest with your doc and not worry so much about people finding out what you are saying if you don't want them to.

BignBad

Awards
HIPPA is the privacy notice you sign when you go to a doctor these days. It designates who can and who cannot look at your medical records. That way, you can be 100% honest with your doc and not worry so much about people finding out what you are saying if you don't want them to.
Oh right! Gotcha...I was going online and looking for some anti-estrogen named hippa...

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
bignbad, what steriods did you do?, what age are you? and what if any support/PCT did you use?

BignBad

Awards
bignbad, what steriods did you do?, what age are you? and what if any support/PCT did you use?
Never did steroids. It's just not my thing...Not that it matters, but it really is a friend....

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
Never did steroids. It's just not my thing...Not that it matters, but it really is a friend....
no difference to me, but if you can anwser a few quick questions that will go a long way with the advice you'll get. What was the cycle, ( gear, dose, length as in how many weeks) support supps. ( cycle support etc..) and PCT (TRT, nolva, clomi, etc) how long ago did this cycle start/end

nickkkkkk408

Awards
info on the cycle and pct (if any) would help us alot. If he has been off for a while he could try doing a pct, clomid and nolva, but before that do a few weeks of high dose hcg, say 1500ius every 2 days, that should help alot.

BignBad

Awards
no difference to me, but if you can anwser a few quick questions that will go a long way with the advice you'll get. What was the cycle, ( gear, dose, length as in how many weeks) support supps. ( cycle support etc..) and PCT (TRT, nolva, clomi, etc) how long ago did this cycle start/end
I only know it was a month and a half. There were no support supps, monitoring or anti-estrogens as far as I know.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
I only know it was a month and a half. There were no support supps, monitoring or anti-estrogens as far as I know.
1 1/2 since finish of cycle? no pct? that would be right at the bottom of the gutter, its worth trying a TRS.

Last edited:

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
what cycle support he used is irrelevant. even if he would say '' yeah i used post cycle support or hcgenerate'', what difference does that make?

why do yall keep asking him?

the bottom line is, he has low T. unless he wants to hop on TRT for a few years, and make it even harder to restart later if decides to, or just sit around waiting for his T to come up ( if it ever does),

he can try toremifene, or an hcg restart protocol.

don't try TRT till you've tried toremifene and/or hcg.

heckler7

heckler7

Awards
  • Established
Well if he just got off cycle I was thinking hcg might help or TRS, but if it was a year ago than TRT. Also if he just ended his cycle hes gonna feel like crap. Tren made me feel like crap and I was worried I may never feel normal again, didn't have that problem with SD so a little more info goes a long way.

littlekev

Awards
Their are many ways to raise Test levels and if he is producing at all, which according to your post he is, that means his pituitary gland is making t, so most likely even if he did nothing, it would go back to normal,eventually! that is my experience. Doctors, most anyway appreciate honesty, and they cannot break confidentiality unless they believe your in a bad mental state and your life is truly in danger! Tell him to be open, and stop worrying, he feels like crap, but it will get better! Good luck!