test-e while cutting for MMA?

PeoplesChamp

Awards
I will be fighting in about 4 weeks. I got the flu last week and was out of training pretty much. With getting sick and having to train overtime these next 4 weeks I thought about running low dose of test-e at 300mg a week.

I know test-e kicks in about week 3. I already pinned last week in order to keep some muscle gains since I had the flu and wasnt able to workout and eat much because I had no appetite and felt like ****. Only thing is that I believe test-e involves water retention and I do not want to put on weight. Is it possible to run test-e and still cut weight?

I have only pinned once and I am thinking that maybe best not to use anything for the fight. Is it pointless since test-e takes 3 weeks to kick in and by then it will be close to the fight? I also do not want to gain weight and worried about the water retention. I was only looking to do a low dose of 300mg to aid in recovery and keep muscle while cutting.

NOTE: Current weight is 187lbs...will fight at 170lbs

PeoplesChamp

Awards
I only have test-e. I have never used prop. Used test-e once before. And if I did get some test-prop it would take a month to arrive.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's entirely possible to cut on Test E, but it's too late in your situation. You could run Test Prop or Var. Hell, you'd be fin without either of them as 8 lbs is an easy ass cut.

PeoplesChamp

Awards
Actually have to cut to 170lbs so I will cut 7lbs and then maybe 10lbs water weight. Not sure though if I can cut 10 water weight time.

I honestly am thinking of not even using the test. I only used it once, for 1 week. I did the intial injection at 600mg in my arm. And then was going to do 300mg, pinned twice weekly at 150mg. My arm swoll up btw when I injected. It was been swollen and red some, but no fever so I do not think it is an infection. I boxed yesterday and it seemed that the water rentention and fluid built up into my arm was actually negatively affecting my performace. I am thinking if test-e is better run in between fights for strength and conditiong. I honestly think that with the soreness with injections it probably is not the best for MMA cause it does limit your range of motion. I am not sure but do i need to run PCT if I injected only once 600mg?

In terms of using the test-e leading up to the fight...I am not sure. I do not want to take the risk of not making weight, getting bloating/water rentention and getting my delts really sore and swollen with fluid/oil. I think it would be better I just saved it after the fight. What are your thoughts on that?

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Actually have to cut to 170lbs so I will cut 7lbs and then maybe 10lbs water weight. Not sure though if I can cut 10 water weight time.

I honestly am thinking of not even using the test. I only used it once, for 1 week. I did the intial injection at 600mg in my arm. And then was going to do 300mg, pinned twice weekly at 150mg. My arm swoll up btw when I injected. It was been swollen and red some, but no fever so I do not think it is an infection. I boxed yesterday and it seemed that the water rentention and fluid built up into my arm was actually negatively affecting my performace. I am thinking if test-e is better run in between fights for strength and conditiong. I honestly think that with the soreness with injections it probably is not the best for MMA cause it does limit your range of motion. I am not sure but do i need to run PCT if I injected only once 600mg?

In terms of using the test-e leading up to the fight...I am not sure. I do not want to take the risk of not making weight, getting bloating/water rentention and getting my delts really sore and swollen with fluid/oil. I think it would be better I just saved it after the fight. What are your thoughts on that?
I compete in mma and can cut weight while on Test E, but I am also on it about year round. My water weight from Test E is very minimal and it does not effect me. Now in your case 300mg is a very low dose and it's not enough to really help out a lot, but will shut you down at the same time. It will take 3-4 weeks to even get any gains from it, so it is pointless in your situation. I would just cut weight naturally and you will feel fine for the fight. ONly thing that would help test wise would be Test prop or suspension. As you have stated it would take 4 weeks to get; so that is out of the question.

What state are you fighting in?

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Test E would be pointless in your situation 3 weeks wont do a thing. Test has long acting esters and takes a minimum of 4-5 weeks to kick in. You would be better off with a short acting ester such as prop or sust. Run some superdrol if your tryna cut up fast. Would work fine in your case, superdrol kicks in 5 days.

PeoplesChamp

Awards
Only thing is doesnt superdrol kill cardio and since its a oral have negative side effects on the heart and cardio? Also I will be eating healthy and less calories, but won't superdrol add dry lean muscle gains? I have Superdrol and Haladrol on hand but have not used them. Haladrol I read takes 3 weeks to kick in. I have looked into running low dose Superdrol @ 10mg for like 3.5 weeks, but I also have read that it causes dry joints. Dry joints and ****ty cardio will be horrible for MMA.

How was your experience with Superdrol? Did you do cardio? I just read that is causes painful calf and back pumps and that would sucks when boxing and wrestling!

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
test e doesnt kick in in 3-4 weeks :)

it starts working RIGHT AWAY

it doesnt reach high concentration levels for 3-4 weeks

PeoplesChamp

Awards
Hey bro thanks for the comments. In regard to you post..."test e doesnt kick in in 3-4 weeks

it starts working RIGHT AWAY

it doesnt reach high concentration levels for 3-4 weeks

Are you saying it can benifit be to use for 3-4 weeks?
I was recommended superdrol but I read that orals can dry joints and kill cardio. I am thinking of maybe not using anything, but I really could use something for I am working like a dog, training so hard, and not sleeping much and need something to aid in recovery. I just dont want to use the muscle and strength I have gained while cutting weight.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
dude dont use sd for mma.. i tried this last year just during training.. the pumps would get so ridiculous at times... my shins and calves hurt from pumps during muay thai.. i couldnt keep my hands up very long when i boxed because my shoulders were so full of blood it felt like they were going to explode... and for ju jits i got ridiculous forearm pumps trying to finish holds... put all that together.. and u have some unwanted sides for a fight.. boxing was absolutely unreal.. i couldnt keep my hands up even if i tried

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
dude dont use sd for mma.. i tried this last year just during training.. the pumps would get so ridiculous at times... my shins and calves hurt from pumps during muay thai.. i couldnt keep my hands up very long when i boxed because my shoulders were so full of blood it felt like they were going to explode... and for ju jits i got ridiculous forearm pumps trying to finish holds... put all that together.. and u have some unwanted sides for a fight.. boxing was absolutely unreal.. i couldnt keep my hands up even if i tried
Not everyone gets back pumps from superdrol. thats just your own personal experience. Taurine can fix the pump to a minimum

PeoplesChamp

Awards
Yea bro, I that sounds horrible. That is why I don't plan to use superdrol. I actually don't plan on using orals much anymore. Maybe the stuff I have on hand next 6months-1year, but I don't know. I don't think they are worth the gains with the amount of stress on the body i.e. liver, HDL, BP etc. I actually am going into this fight not wanting to use a bunch of ph's or aas.

I am just going to pin test-e @ 150mg twice a week = 300 mg a week. I will continue at about 300-400mg after the fight. I really think that 300-400mg range is fine and you get gains. I don't want to add tons of mass so I don't plan on pinned 500-600mg. I don't want to overdo things. I just need something for recovery and to keep lean muscle mass while doing lots more cardio. I plan to keep training intense after the fight as well. I know guys on here will say that 300mg is too low, but I am not looking to compete in a bodybuilding show.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
Yea bro, I that sounds horrible. That is why I don't plan to use superdrol. I actually don't plan on using orals much anymore. Maybe the stuff I have on hand next 6months-1year, but I don't know. I don't think they are worth the gains with the amount of stress on the body i.e. liver, HDL, BP etc. I actually am going into this fight not wanting to use a bunch of ph's or aas.

I am just going to pin test-e @ 150mg twice a week = 300 mg a week. I will continue at about 300-400mg after the fight. I really think that 300-400mg range is fine and you get gains. I don't want to add tons of mass so I don't plan on pinned 500-600mg. I don't want to overdo things. I just need something for recovery and to keep lean muscle mass while doing lots more cardio. I plan to keep training intense after the fight as well. I know guys on here will say that 300mg is too low, but I am not looking to compete in a bodybuilding show.
The only problem I see with running 300mg/week is that it's not that much higher then your natural production of testosterone. I would bump it up to 500mg/week with a good clean diet and your gains won't be huge as far as weight, but strength will increase for sure.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The only problem I see with running 300mg/week is that it's not that much higher then your natural production of testosterone. I would bump it up to 500mg/week with a good clean diet and your gains won't be huge as far as weight, but strength will increase for sure.
This is just not true. After the ester, that leaves about 210mg of test in his system, which is still multiple times more than his natural production. The recovery from this dose will still be very high compared to running sans AAS. Normal production is around several milligrams per day; TRT dosages are way less than 300mg (100-200mg/week) and those are what you see to get those with hypogonadism into the optimal range.

PeoplesChamp

Awards
I ran test-e once before and in the past I ran 500-600mg dosage. I then tapered down to 300mg and felt fine.

The thing is I am naturally a very intense, aggressive, and hyper person. I felt the test-e at 300mg and saw muscle gains and recovery time increased. I also could train longer. I just feel if I bump to 600mg I would just be off the wall crazy with aggression. I am just naturally jacked up most the time since I am a hyper aggressive person, so I do not want to be having that much test-e in my system.

PeoplesChamp

Awards
This is just not true. After the ester, that leaves about 210mg of test in his system, which is still multiple times more than his natural production. The recovery from this dose will still be very high compared to running sans AAS. Normal production is around several milligrams per day; TRT dosages are way less than 300mg (100-200mg/week) and those are what you see to get those with hypogonadism into the optimal range.
Interesting. Good to know. I also do not like running 600mg not only for what I mentioned above, but I have less soreness and more range of motion when I pin 150mg twice a week. I have pinned 300mg before and have it swoll up in my delf or butt and it made workout out uncomfortable especially boxing and BJJ.

ward5742

ward5742

Awards
  • Established
Truth bro no reason to run test e for 3 weeks man, Waiste of test. I could understand if was test cyp or sust. but not test e with a long ester life.

bigzach1234

bigzach1234

Awards
  • Established
Truth bro no reason to run test e for 3 weeks man, Waiste of test. I could understand if was test cyp or sust. but not test e with a long ester life.
bro that makes no sense... test cyps half life is actually longer then enanthate... although only fractionally .. but very close...and their molecular weight is almost identical... and sust only has one short ester in it.. although it does have 2 medium esters so that could be better then test e...but prop or suspension would be a much better choice