Capping Methyls At Home

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Okay, I have a CapMQuik, capsules, and a lot of Methyl powders...I was going to just make oral solutions with most of them, but some, like M5AA, don't go into solution very easily.

So I thought I would try to cap them.

I have a ton of Maltodextrin and Arginine laying around, so I'll use one or both as a filler.

My question is, even if I mix the filler and actives in the right ratio per capsule, put in a jar, and shake like hell, how do I know the Methyl powder is thoroughly mixed at the proper concentration throughout the mix?

I mean, in the case of Mdien, M4OHN, or M1T, we're talking a VERY small amount of active to begin with.

Is there anything you can do to ensure every capsule will have the same amount?

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
in all honesty, no. Unless you have a commercial mixer you may never know, and end up getting "hot" spots. Whatever you do be very very careful and have a damn good scale.

HugeBB

Awards
The only soluion I can come up with off the top of my head is to suspend the active in water (as little water as you can get away with), measure it out, squirt it in the cap with the filler and let the water evaporate. Of course this would be time consuming and you might as well eliminate a step and just use a suspension.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes, that's precisely what I am worried about. I mean, I know what happens if you have a bag full of large stones and smaller stones and shake it...the size of the individual granules affects the distribution in mixture. And when we're talking about something like M1T, I really don't want a "hot spot!"

I presume that this is the reason some bottles of commercially available supps test low in actives; poor or incomplete mixing.

Do you have any idea what makes the commercial process different? I was thinking some of the commerical fillers or binders might work like velcro, or somethinng.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Huge, I was just thinking of that as you were posting...except suspend in flax oil and make a gel cap...but I don't know how to make gel caps!

HugeBB

Awards
Huge, I was just thinking of that as you were posting...except suspend in flax oil and make a gel cap...but I don't know how to make gel caps!
Sounds too tedious, I assume you'd have to inject the solution into a gelcap, then seal the punture with heat.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Hahaha...and then I can buy UL M1T for $9.99 a bottle...I'm worrying about injecting and resealing gel caps! I guess I'm just a real do-it-yourself kind of person.

ass2grass

Awards
never capped my own **** before, but if you were to use a coloured powder as filler that might make "hot spots" more obvious

HugeBB

Awards
Hahaha...and then I can buy UL M1T for $9.99 a bottle...I'm worrying about injecting and resealing gel caps! I guess I'm just a real do-it-yourself kind of person.
That is funny, but I'm trying to figure out something myself. I've got lots of powder. Olive oil suspensions are very quick and easy, but caps are so much more convenient, portable, and less suspicious. If you're away from home it would draw a lot of attention to grab a bottle of olive oil, draw up a specific amount in a syringe and drink it. I'd rather swallow some caps!

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
It's easy. Just get a small electric coffee grinder. Grind it up and then measure the fine powder. For non-lumpy, smooth powders I don't even use it. Make your ratios, then add 0.1% FDC red powder. Shake like 200x and check it. If you have hot spots, you'll see it's not homogenous. You can use any inert powder dye like this to be sure. I've always got good batches loading my own caps. I don't even add dye anymore, just shake the **** out of it. Use a cut almost as fine as the active. Glutamine and lactose are good stable cuts. The liquid thing won't work cause they melt the gelcaps. Vegi-cap suck, don't use those.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Aha--the colored filler solution...very good idea, thanks.

The only powder I've checked that would need the coffee grinder (so far) is my Taurine powder. The two methyls I've looked at are very smooth.

And I agree about the "attention" you get when you have a glass bottle of something that you swig out of; or worse, an oral syringe...by girlfriend saw one laying beside a bottle of Nolva, and I had to spend five minutes convincing her I didn't have needles somewhere for it...not to mention, a lot of powders taste like straight shiaat, and capping avoids this.

Dr. D--thanks for your help--why do Vegi Caps suck?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
V-caps are just real flimsy. They won't stay strong over time and get mushy. I got gelcaps that have lasted for years though. Keep them in a ziplock and they won't turn brittle. Ass2grass had the right idea, the filler doesn't need to be colored. You just dope your taurine w/ a small amout of a strong powder dye. About your gf, I feel ya man! You don't even know how many times my wife has stood over the toilet holding 2 handfulls of my stuff talking big **** w/ that crazy look in her eye, saying "I'll do it, I'll do it!!" :blink: Pills are more slick to use than liquids and don't taste like crap either! Once you master capping, you'll cap EVERYTHING. It's addictive because other than being time consuming, it's the most economical way to go.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Aha--the colored filler solution...very good idea, thanks.

The only powder I've checked that would need the coffee grinder (so far) is my Taurine powder. The two methyls I've looked at are very smooth.

And I agree about the "attention" you get when you have a glass bottle of something that you swig out of; or worse, an oral syringe...by girlfriend saw one laying beside a bottle of Nolva, and I had to spend five minutes convincing her I didn't have needles somewhere for it...not to mention, a lot of powders taste like straight shiaat, and capping avoids this.

Dr. D--thanks for your help--why do Vegi Caps suck?

Bump for feedback on this. Are you capping everything now? Did you get colored filler or did you make your own. If you made your own....how? input...input...inpuuuuuuut :hammer: :hammer:

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I use strawberry protein powder. Easy to see hot spots. Works great. I'm capping everything nowthat won't go into oral solution at a decent mg/ml.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
I capped m14add. Used psyllium husk powder as filler.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I usually use vitamin C as my filler. I'm interested in trying protein powder for the color option. I notice when I cap my Nootropics, I have an orange colored Idebenone and it definitely points out any clumps.

Brodus - are you using an isolate? I'm thinking that would be best since it is very fine.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
You don't want it too fine, but protein powder works very well. I've only started using lactose so that everything doesn't smell like chocolate and strawberry! Too fine doesn't cap well, unless your using the machine.

Brodus

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I tired microfiltered maltodextrin, and it didn't work too well. I tried strawberry protein on a whim, and I love it now.

One thing I learned is not to cap when humidity is high. Also, the Cap-Em-Quick machines, by nature, waste a small amount of powder each time.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
I capped m14add. Used psyllium husk powder as filler.
Really? Couldn't the psyllium carry the m14add all the way through without letting it get to your bloodstream? (a wild guess)

how do I know the Methyl powder is thoroughly mixed at the proper concentration throughout the mix?
I noticed that smil2e sells m4ohn powder pre-mixed with a filler. I wonder if he had some way of professionally and reliably mixing it (and will ask him). Has anyone used his pre-mixed m4ohn powder? Thanks.

Also, there's a related thread here:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16439

Last edited:
DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Really? Couldn't the psyllium carry the m14add all the way through without letting it get to your bloodstream? (a wild guess)

Hmm... I hope it's just a wild guess.

rrgg

rrgg

Awards
  • Established
Well, someone explained to me that the husks pass through scraping away stuff you mostly don't want in there (heavy metals and so on). If that's really how it works, I'd think it will decrease absorption of your oral PH/PS too.

DmitryWI

DmitryWI

I know nothing...
Awards
  • Established
Interesting... Well, it's already capped. Next time I'll try to cap it with something else.

Forgot to mention. I'm sure something still get absorbed when you use 200 mg:cool:

Last edited:

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I use either taurine or B5 as filler and cap nearly everything I can with my current scale :) Once you find cheap raws there is no gong back :thumbsup:

Dr. D's idea is a good one, and you can get vitamin B powder that is yellowish to do the same thing. Patience and persistence is really all you need and you shouldn't have an incredibly uneven mix IMO. :)

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
where is a source for the CapMquicks machines that you recommend?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 11
Bmac63095 Training Forum 24
MidwestBeast Supplement Auction 1
StayinHeavy Anabolics 10
brundel Anabolics 33