family/friends ask u if your juicing?

TulsaTalons

Awards
ok so i have a question for u guys. how do u respond when u are on a cycle, gain like 20 lbs in a short ammount of time, look swole as hell, and your friends and family start asking u, "aRE u on roids?" "are u juicing bro?" "were just concerned for your health" and they strongly frown upon it. do you try to lie, and say "no no, just been working out REALLY hard", and hope they buy it, or do u just tell them the truth? i dont want people to be mad at me or look down on me because of this, its my body, not theirs. but at the same time, i dont want to lie to people i care about. how do u guys handle this?

kanakafarian

kanakafarian

Awards
I don't have this problem because everyone knows that I fluctuate in bodyweight year round, especially during cycling season when I'll dip to 165-175lbs. During the winter, like right now, I'll be around 200lbs.

Next time they ask you, just say that you're taking a sh!tload of creatine. Tell them all you do is eat, sleep, sh!t, and train! Either that, or just reach back like a pimp and slap 'em! LOL

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Point out the hypocrisy about the dangers of steroids and that the majority of people are horribly misinformed about AAS.

phatmike0704

phatmike0704

Awards
  • Established
u take dietary supps

bakerderek0

bakerderek0

Awards
  • Established
I always just play it off. Once you admit to it, some respect is lost from whoever knows. Just say,"huh? I haven't gained any weight." then walk away.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
you started a new workout routine

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If I do, I'll likely be honest about it. I don't see anything wrong with it (aside from the obvious fact that it's illegal lol) from an ethical or moral perspective. And as Rodja already pointed out, there is so much misinformation about this stuff with the general public.

My family has never asked if I'm on, because they know me. I've had friends, but mostly not close friends, ask if I am, just because I'm big. But, most people who have known me for any period of time just know I bust my back in the gym and eat cleaner than anyone they know.

I weighed 200+ lbs from about age 16 on (granted it's a lot more muscle now than it was then), so they're used to the size on me.

Bottom line, though, you have to decide if you want to lie or not. I don't particularly enjoy lying.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the body & strength I have because I go into the gym and bust my ass. nothing can substitute busting your ass in the gym.

I just tell people I know what Im doing, and eat alot, and take the right supplements.

and leave out the specifics of the type of supplements I use.

but If im asked directly, i'll say no.

america is happy believing all their heros are all natural. and I'm fine with that.

Markusrulezzz

Markusrulezzz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
tell them No, orange juice has too much sugar, I don't juice, and then they say No I meant steroids, and then ask what is steroids ? and be all serious

And if they say steroids are hormones that make you grow, be like huh that sound's interesting, I want to smoke steroids to get big then !

lol and they be like this guy is too much of a dumb **** to do steroids

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
I have a friend that lives in Austria and he comes to visit every now and again. He always stays with a mutual friend of ours. This bloke came to visit a 18 months ago and was basically the same build that I am now, not that bulky but with an athletic build. 4 months later he came to visit again and had gained 20lbs. easy. When I asked if he was using any wink-nudge "supplementation"...
"Nah bro, I only take protein and anti-estrogen". I didn't know much about supplementing at that time, so my reaction was, "Oh. Ok." Went home, did my research, discovered anti-E are popular with steroid users.

Then, 6 months later, this kid posts a picture on his Facebook. Another 20lbs. gained would be my guess. Still, he denies it, only now his sudden explosion of size is attributed to nothing but "lots and lots of hard work and protein!". Bullsh*t. Best part is, he's only 19. He's going to have raisins for b*lls and big floppy mammaries before he's my age.

Point is, most people believe him when he says he doesn't juice. Anyone that knows the slightest thing about steroids can obviously tell otherwise. So I say it depends on who asks you, base your reaction on that. If it's gym buddies, they aint gonna believe you anyway if you say you're not on gear. Your family might if they don't know that much about steroids.

F*ck it bro, end of the day, you're not going to be able to justify your steroid abuse to your family or anyone else. No matter how you explain it, they will never understand. We all have the media to thank for that. I say be straight with your friends and lie to your family. What will lose you more respect: Having your friends know you're a bullsh*tter on juice, or having them respect you for at least being honest?

CalebRM

CalebRM

Awards
tell them No, orange juice has too much sugar, I don't juice, and then they say No I meant steroids, and then ask what is steroids ? and be all serious

And if they say steroids are hormones that make you grow, be like huh that sound's interesting, I want to smoke steroids to get big then !

lol'd This.

Wudog

Wudog

Awards
  • Established
If it's friends, I thank them for the compliment and laugh.....
family I'm like I'm way too poor to afford them

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
Only a few of my friends now I've cycled before. IMO people that don't understand what steroids will only judge you.

TulsaTalons

Awards
i dont really think my family notices because they see me every day. but i went to visit one of my close friends the other day, havnt seen him in about a month, and first thing out of his mouth is "bro, be honest with me.. r u roiding?" i was like "naw bro, why u ask?" hes like "cuz your shoulders and traps look alot bigger" i was like "ah it must be these form fitting shirts" in my mind i was like ah **** he knows. dude is smart. we have worked out before so he kinda knows what my build looks like. and we talk about supplements alot. plus, im a horrible liar. :banghead: debating on telling him the truth.

Evil Eagle

Awards
It depends on the friend. Most of my friends know, but I have one friend in particular that has bought into the media made fear and I will never admit it to him because he will flip sh!t.

Sent from my Android device

Evil Eagle

Awards
Oh, and if my parents ask I'll be honest because I've never been able to lie to them.

Sent from my Android device

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Most of my family uses supplementation because of me (not nec. steroids but in general), so most of them know, and don't care because they know I know what I'm doing. As far as friends go, only the ones I trust ever find out, but I try not to lie about it. I actually have never gotten slack about it from guys. Its always from women. Then when I point out that the birth control they take contains steroidal hormones they tend to **** a cow. It all comes down to education. Rodja is right.

jgassen15

jgassen15

Awards
Point out the hypocrisy about the dangers of steroids and that the majority of people are horribly misinformed about AAS.
and show them deaths related to steroids in relation to those from smoking or alcohol. Even people trying to substantiate some of the frivilous claims about steroids admit lack of scientific reserach is prevalent and anectdotal evidence contradicts what's been said. Then tell them to watch 'Bigger, Faster, Stronger' I was amazed about how incredibly asinine and hypocritical policy makers sounded in that movie.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

:banghead:

sawyerboy87

Awards
most of the people I know are clueless and my other workout buds dont look down on them. So if anyone asks I say I have been busting it at the gym and eating alot. Its hard to believe bc my dad is 5 7' 150 wet maybe and I am 6 3' 212 alot bigger, people find it funny when he introduces me as his son.

DaBeast

DaBeast

Awards
Yea me and my wife have watched bigger stronger faster like 3 times I have it on dvr. She used to be against the idea or using steroids and now she ok about it. But as for my parents I wouldn't tell them they would flip.

Tomahawk88

Tomahawk88

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Idk I guess Im doing something wrong because I dont really get asked lol. Even this cycle when I gained upwards of 15 pounds no one has really commented except for this one guy today. I had the whole added pump going on though.

GetHyooge

Awards
My mother asked me last week if I was using gear, I told her no and that I have just been working out hard... Also a few of my coworkers have asked me as well, I always tell them no.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
I tell them I spend 4 hours in the gym and take tons of supps. ALWAYS DENY IMO. People talk and word spreads my friend. Tell mom and she'll most likely tell someone and before you know it you will be considered a junkie, which I think it's awful that people see steroid use in the same light as crack, meth, heroin, pcp etc.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
I'm not big to begin with, but when I put on 22 lean pounds on my 5'7" frame; my boss made a comment; " I saw a picture of you from a couple of years ago; we may have to contact the International Olympic Committee". LOL!!!

oli

oli

Awards
  • Established
i say...raise ur pimp hand up high - like, above ur head & pull it back a little - then come down hard with 5 fingers to the faCe \\SlAp!!/ i'm jus sayin'..hahah. My bro in law with his buddy took me outside once and said, "we know your on." Prob didn't help i put on like 20+pounds.