Please help me understand suppression

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
For example, I'd hear people saying that running test and bold for 16 weeks is fine, but tren for that long is suicide. I dont get it, wont your test levels be in single digits very quickly when the test/eq kicks in anyway(or within two or three weeks of the start if you use an oral kickstart)

how is recovery any harder with tren?
And then when people say to run the tren 2-3 weeks longer than the tren to make pct easier, I do not understand.

will rep all good answers

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have to remember the steroids affect your HPTA as a whole and not just your testosterone levels.

Tren for 12 weeks will give you extremely low testosterone.

Test E for 12 weeks will also give you extremely low testosterone.

The difference...

Tren hits your HPTA a lot harder so it will be way harder to recover. Test hits HPTA function lighter compared to Tren.

2 people can have test levels in the 100's, but 1 of them could be shut down at the HPTA way harder (thus harder recovery).

So just understand that most steroids will shut you down, but some have a stronger effect on HPTA suppression.

Estrogenic and Nandrolone type steroids generally hit HPTA harder. Proviron for example does not really effect HPTA.

In a nutshell: Testosterone levels do not really indicate the level of shut down at the brain.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
You have to remember the steroids affect your HPTA as a whole and not just your testosterone levels.

Tren for 12 weeks will give you extremely low testosterone.

Test E for 12 weeks will also give you extremely low testosterone.

The difference...

Tren hits your HPTA a lot harder so it will be way harder to recover. Test hits HPTA function lighter compared to Tren.

2 people can have test levels in the 100's, but 1 of them could be shut down at the HPTA way harder (thus harder recovery).

So just understand that most steroids will shut you down, but some have a stronger effect on HPTA suppression.

Estrogenic and Nandrolone type steroids generally hit HPTA harder. Proviron for example does not really effect HPTA.

In a nutshell: Testosterone levels do not really indicate the level of shut down at the brain.
repped.

so you are saying that, for example, test only inhibits your HPTA function to a certain extent? SO you could technically run test at a gram for 2 years straight and recover fine?

btw that sounds like sarcasm its not

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
repped.

so you are saying that, for example, test only inhibits your HPTA function to a certain extent? SO you could technically run test at a gram for 2 years straight and recover fine?

lol ask schwellington... jk

If your HPTA function is shut down over a long period of time, that adds to the extent of shut down.

The compound used + how long you've been on it = shut down. It's not just about what compound you used.

So, chances of recovering after 2 years of HPTA shut down is slim IMO.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
repped.

The only chance you may have at recovering off that would be if you ran HCG the entire tie. Still a large stretch I feel even then. But still, shutdown is highly individualized too. Shutdown WILL happen - to what extent, as chocolatemilk pointed out is dependant on the steroid used in conjunction with how long and also individual factors.

HATEFULone

HATEFULone

Awards
  • Established
There really isn't much you can do to tell how shut down one is, test levels are just that, test levels. You could get fsh and lh levels drawn, then you do a gnrh stimulation test, but most people won't go that far, if the test is low, and you have a baseline hormone level, then you can compare as well. Subjective things like drive in the gym and bedroom, as well as objective measures of acne can give slight clues as well.

As for your example though I ran test/eq for 16 weeks, did a pct of torem and resveratrol, recovered fine.

hungryH

Awards
  • Established
There really isn't much you can do to tell how shut down one is, test levels are just that, test levels. You could get fsh and lh levels drawn, then you do a gnrh stimulation test, but most people won't go that far, if the test is low, and you have a baseline hormone level, then you can compare as well. Subjective things like drive in the gym and bedroom, as well as objective measures of acne can give slight clues as well.

As for your example though I ran test/eq for 16 weeks, did a pct of torem and resveratrol, recovered fine.
yes I know numerous people who have, but tren/deca is a different story.

has anyone here ran tren longer than 10 weeks without hcg? How was your experience/recovery??