adding deca to a test/dbol cycle?

  1. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    925
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    adding deca to a test/dbol cycle?


    Okay I realize deca is probably one of the biggest no brainer steroids, however I'm the sort that likes to be more safe than sorry.

    I'm currently planning a cycle, and I was initially considering a simple test/dbol combination which I am fairly familiar with however my elbows and shoulders ache a bit when I lift heavy and often. It's gotten somewhat worse over the years, and I've just started taking glucosamine/chondriotin/msm, however I am aware that deca is highly regarded in the area of joint pain relief. Initially I planned to run the cycle for 12 weeks with 45mg dbol daily on weeks 1-4 and 250mg eod test depot, however now I'm considering reducing my test to two shots a week and doing once a week 300mg deca shots for the first 10 weeks. For those of you here who have joint pain and have used deca, how effective is it at allieviating joint pain, at what dosages, and are there any complications involved with deca alongside test that I should be aware of?

    ExN

  2. Senior Member
    lifted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Age
    33
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    41
    Lv. Percent
    66.1%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by exnihilo
    Okay I realize deca is probably one of the biggest no brainer steroids, however I'm the sort that likes to be more safe than sorry.

    I'm currently planning a cycle, and I was initially considering a simple test/dbol combination which I am fairly familiar with however my elbows and shoulders ache a bit when I lift heavy and often. It's gotten somewhat worse over the years, and I've just started taking glucosamine/chondriotin/msm, however I am aware that deca is highly regarded in the area of joint pain relief. Initially I planned to run the cycle for 12 weeks with 45mg dbol daily on weeks 1-4 and 250mg eod test depot, however now I'm considering reducing my test to two shots a week and doing once a week 300mg deca shots for the first 10 weeks. For those of you here who have joint pain and have used deca, how effective is it at allieviating joint pain, at what dosages, and are there any complications involved with deca alongside test that I should be aware of?

    ExN

    Well, I haven't used it yet but I'll give you my 2 cents.

    Since test reduces collagen synthesis greatly, I would run the test at about 200mg/week. Yeah I know, no way near enough right? And then run the Deca at around 400-600mg/week. This way the test will be giving you a healthy supply but not too much to offset the collagen sythesizing effects of the Deca.

    Here's a link in which Sir Fox posted a good little read about this regimen...make sure to scroll down near the bottom as thats where the info is that describes this.

    http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16058
  3. Banned
    witchdawg7's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  242 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Age
    44
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    0
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    51.02%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jergo
    Well, I haven't used it yet but I'll give you my 2 cents.

    Since test reduces collagen synthesis greatly, I would run the test at about 200mg/week. Yeah I know, no way near enough right? And then run the Deca at around 400-600mg/week. This way the test will be giving you a healthy supply but not too much to offset the collagen sythesizing effects of the Deca.

    Here's a link in which Sir Fox posted a good little read about this regimen...make sure to scroll down near the bottom as thats where the info is that describes this.

    http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16058
    That is an awesome article Jergo. Thanks for the link. My next cycle is going to include Deca for sure!
    •   
       

  4. Professional Member
    size's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,232
    Rep Power
    2269
    Level
    44
    Lv. Percent
    93.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Why are you shooting test depot eod? I am assuming it is an enanthate or cypionate which means once or twice weekly is all that is needed.

    If joint problems are particularly bad, adding deca would certainly be beneficial. 200-400mg will be more than enough.
  5. Senior Member
    exnihilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    925
    Level
    29
    Lv. Percent
    98.7%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by size
    Why are you shooting test depot eod? I am assuming it is an enanthate or cypionate which means once or twice weekly is all that is needed.

    If joint problems are particularly bad, adding deca would certainly be beneficial. 200-400mg will be more than enough.
    My understanding of the longer esters is that blood plasma levels increase particularly quickly in the 48 hours after the injection, and somewhat more slowly thereafter. I'm doing it to maintain steady state plasma levels during the earlier part of the cycle.

    Now, one question with deca, is how long before I begin PCT should I discontinue deca usage? My understanding that 1-2 weeks was sufficient for the enanthate ester, but sirfox stated that deca has a 15 day half life?! I didn't realize the undecanoate ester was so long lived Would it be best to run it from weeks 1-8 instead of 1-10 of a 12 week cycle?

    I had also previously considered EQ, and the link jergo posted made me reconsider that. However, I've never heard of EQ being as effective at reducing joint stress as Deca, and it is also my understanding that Deca is slightly stronger mg for mg. Comments?

    ExN
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Adding EQ to early Test E cycle
    By DNA24 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 06:56 PM
  2. Deca/test/dbol cycle need help
    By adgonzales in forum Cycle Info
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-18-2011, 09:57 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-05-2009, 04:51 AM
  4. Non methyls worth adding to a test e cycle?
    By lector606 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 11:17 PM
  5. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-24-2003, 09:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in