Telling your doctor

Y

Yimen E.Cricket

Awards
  • Established
I know you should tell your doctor about your drug use.

But what about your insurance company.

if they do a check and find steroid use, this will affect your coverage right?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I know you should tell your doctor about your drug use.

But what about your insurance company.

if they do a check and find steroid use, this will affect your coverage right?
NO!! You shouldn't tell your doctor about your steroid use. Whoever said to do so? Only tell him that your using illegal substances if it's absolutely necessary...

J

jboogie

Awards
Why take the risk when there's so many legal PH goodies around.

Worried about liver values from dbol? You're on M-1-T

Worried about a possible abcess from your Test-E shots? You're pinning 1-Test Cyp.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
In my teen years I used to party nonstop and do quite a bit of hard drugs. Thats all behind me now, but the point I'm trying to make is that when I apply for health insurance now, I either have to agree to pay a higher premium, or I just get turned down because I used to tell my doctor EVERYTHING. That of course included all the pain pills I ate, things I smoked, snorted, etc...not a wise decision...

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
it does come down to that. doctor/patient privilege is one thing. but that mostly applies to court/legal issues. when it comes to insurance issues, he is pretty much duty bound to tell them all

there are two options. one, see a DR "off record". iow, one that is not paid for through your insurance. this MIGHT be worth it if he is very progressive and willing to work with you. certainly, many HRT docs would fit in this category

two. more problematic. see if you can talk to your DR, but "off record" or "hypothetical".

if you get his agreement beforehand that what you are going to discuss will be off your medical record/chart and/or "hypothetical", then he might agree to speak with you this way. his #1 concern is theoretically your health, not being a secretary for insurance.

K

kmac6225

king of useless information!!!
Awards
  • Established
Why take the risk when there's so many legal PH goodies around.

Worried about liver values from dbol? You're on M-1-T

Worried about a possible abcess from your Test-E shots? You're pinning 1-Test Cyp.

If you're scared of hurting your liver I'd rather go with dbol than M1T. I'd rather go with Test E than 1-cyp as well.

If you were ready to tell your doc about ph use then I'm sure you'd still be in for a bit of speculation and/or higher premiums etc. I'd follow what most bros have to say here. Don't say a damn thing or make it off the record/hypothetical. The less the actually know, the less it will affect your future coverage

Z

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
only tell your doctor if you have complications (read: abscess, you're dying, etc), and even then, I would tell the doctor I was pinning B12 or something of the sort, rather than admit to taking steroids

A

acecombact1

Awards
some doctors will tell the insurance company about your steroid use, and that may lead of cancellation of insurance, or raise of insurance rate.

J

jboogie

Awards
If you were ready to tell your doc about ph use then I'm sure you'd still be in for a bit of speculation and/or higher premiums etc. I'd follow what most bros have to say here. Don't say a damn thing or make it off the record/hypothetical. The less the actually know, the less it will affect your future coverage
So how do you get bloodwork done then?

It seems like me saying "I just feel the need for more bloodwork exactly 4 weeks from now, and don't mind the fact that my test levels are exploding, I'm taking ZMA" is going to cut it.

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
exactly. you don't need to go through your dr. to get labwork done, and if it is done just for the "hey, I just wanted to see how my blood levels looked" justification, the insurance won't pay for it ANYWAY, even if you do go through your Dr..

Z

zeromagnus

Board Supporter
Awards
you could complain about extreme lethargy and want a complete panel done to see how your levels were for everything...that might work

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Hey Jeff, that link got me wanting to find a place to do this for me. How much does that cost about? I used to always just go to my doc and tell him that since I used to do all kinds of painpills when I was a teenager, needed to get my liver, etc, checked out just to be safe. There's more to it, but it always worked out. And since they already know of my past drug use, it doesn't matter anyways if they tell my insurance.

Anyhow, if you could give a description and tell us what you get done there every so often, we could all benefit from it. Basically just an outline for us, procedures, etc, if you could be so kind. :)

Also, anybody know a website or something as to where I could find a lab around my area?

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
you could do the extreme lethargy angle. BUT if you order the bloodwork through your normal MD for that reason, and he sees T levels that are ONLY possible with AAS, even he (iow most MD's are relatively ignorant about AAS) will then know you are on AAS, so the same result will be found

J

JerseyDevil

Awards
Anyone remember Dante from the Avant forum? He told his doctor about using a ECA stack to drop bodyfat. A few months later he received a cancellation notice from his insurance company. Reason? Stimulant abuse. So even use of legal OTC products can get you into trouble with your insurance company.

I've heard this lab is great. You can use any Lab Corp to draw blood, and see your results online in a few days. http://www.directlabs.com/?source=google

R

regino007

Awards
If you tell your doc he will write it down in your file.The insurance companies have access through this when you sign a HIPPA form when applying for any insurance.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Look at this test from that link. http://www.directlabs.com/testtypes.php#men
It's the "Men's wellness Chek" Scroll up a bit...

This seems to be all I should need right? I'd love to have the convenience of doing this, this way. Of course you'd have to interpret your own results, correct?

The only other thing that you would really need as long as everything checks out would be the T level test which is around 80 bucks. You could just do that one like once or twice/year.

Any opinions on this?

B

BigPJ

Awards
I wouldn't admit to drug use, but seeming like a little bit of an idiot might help you get liver values checked. Say you were taking m1t or some legal andro supp (most doctors arn't up on these things) that was supposed to be hard on your liver and you're a little worried.

I got liver values checked this way after an m1t cycle. btw..they were great about a month after 10 mg for two weeks.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Get your liver values checked and complain of "fatigue"
works everytime, and won't cost you a penny more.

J

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
again, the SMARTEST and SAFEST (but not necessarily the cheapest IN THE SHORT RUN) is to pay for the tests yourself and keep them off your official medical record

insurance companies set rates based on risk assessment. methylated PH use is going to result in (at least while on cycle) data that CAN be used against you in terms of assessing risk, and thus cost

while it may suck to spend x$ for a test, it may in the long run be cheaper than having to pay more for insurance etc. in the long run based on yucky values etc. that are in your official record, available for insurance company perusal and action

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I have a similar question. I have an impingement (or some spelling thereof) in my left shoulder. I've been to physical therapy before, didn't do ****. I'm interested in this active release stuff, but my insurance (which I just started at my new job) has a pre-existing condition clause. So, does that mean they can look in my past doc's files and see that I've had PT before so that i'll have to pay for this active release stuff now?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Alright, I have a similar question. I have an impingement (or some spelling thereof) in my left shoulder. I've been to physical therapy before, didn't do ****. I'm interested in this active release stuff, but my insurance (which I just started at my new job) has a pre-existing condition clause. So, does that mean they can look in my past doc's files and see that I've had PT before so that i'll have to pay for this active release stuff now?
Yes, unless you lie and they charge you for insurance fraud-, either way they'll find out. Just be honest and upfront about it. I know it sucks, but everyone has to do it....

Find out what the period of wait time your plan states, and then after that (usually a year or so) you can see whoever you like for whatever you want, as long as you get the appropriate refferals...