Protein on cycle: evidence for and against high amounts?

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
I'm struggling to find legit info on how much protein to take whilst on cycle. I see people often doing 200,300, even 400g on cycle. However, any excess is mostly converted into urea (and some glucose i think) which will only put a strain on the kidneys and be a waste of money. I know there is evidence for and against high protein diets, especially in kidney disease, but in the context of anabolic steroids is where i fall short.

Normally, I follow a 1-1.5g/kg rule. However, on cycle - protein synthesis is increased, but can the kidneys still cope with the byproducts of increased muscle synthesis (if there are any)?

And realistically, just how much extra protein synth is going on to accomodate an extra 50,100 etc..g of protein/day.

help on this would be great

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only offer my experience, which is that gains completely stall at anything less than 200-225 grams a day, and rapidly increase at 250-275g/d.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Murder as many animals as you can on cycle, 400g+ protein always.

Don't overthink it, just do what any androgen crazed barbarian would do

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the biggest thing to point out is the g/kg or g/lb rule that you mentioned. Just a blanket term of "300g/day" doesn't work since some guys weigh 165lbs and others weigh 250lbs. It's definitely about finding a sweet spot for yourself and it's also about making your overall cals hit where you want them to.

heebs10

heebs10

Awards
  • Established
I can only offer my experience, which is that gains completely stall at anything less than 200-225 grams a day, and rapidly increase at 250-275g/d.
dsade, you mind sharing your body weight so i can translate your input into a ratio?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 2
Anabolics 11
TheBigBrodie Anabolics 14
LMuscle Anabolics 5
Anabolics 3