Bloodwork fasting question

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
I'm going in for some bloodwork tomorrow to see if I'm good to go for my boladrol cycle. I know your supposed to fast for 10-12 hours for lipids and only drink water. I was wondering if I took some bcaa's before bed and in the morning to help prevent muscle wasting if that would effect the test results? Anyone know ?

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
I'm going in for some bloodwork tomorrow to see if I'm good to go for my boladrol cycle. I know your supposed to fast for 10-12 hours for lipids and only drink water. I was wondering if I took some bcaa's before bed and in the morning to help prevent muscle wasting if that would effect the test results? Anyone know ?
From what I remember it takes ~72 hours of zero food conditions for your body to go into a catabolic state.

Even if Im wrong, wouldnt want to potentially mess up your precycle bloods.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
From what I remember it takes ~72 hours of zero food conditions for your body to go into a catabolic state.

Even if Im wrong, wouldnt want to potentially mess up your precycle bloods.
I would have to say its faster then that but yes I don't want to mess up the test results. I guess its more of a mental thing.

AndrewNico

AndrewNico

Awards
  • Established
You wont be losing anything significant by fasting for 12 hours.

DynaMight

DynaMight

Awards
i wouldnt take anything. i just had blood work done two days ago and the nurse told me not to eat anything past 12am the night before and that only water and black coffee were accepted between 12am and my blood work the following day.

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
i wouldnt take anything. i just had blood work done two days ago and the nurse told me not to eat anything past 12am the night before and that only water and black coffee were accepted between 12am and my blood work the following day.
That sounds about right for fasting, Im actually even surprised a little by the coffee, but otherwise, yup, drink lots of water.

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I toughed it out and didnt eat anything for about 12 hours before my test. Hopefully it comes back good so i can kill that **** on boladrol

DynaMight

DynaMight

Awards
yeah the not eating for 10-12 hrs is the toughest part for guys like us

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
yeah the not eating for 10-12 hrs is the toughest part for guys like us
Exactly my problem, I think its more of a mental thing. I just didn't think about it and went to sleep for a long time then woke up and went straight to the test. Brought a shake and aminos with and took them right after.