Shut down from Ostarine, pct help?

frozenflame

Awards
Ok so I've been doing an 8 week cycle of ostarine at 50mg per day, and at this point I am pretty sure it is causing shutdown. I have never used AAS before so I don't know the degree of the shut down. I have been experiencing a lowered volume of ejaculant, noticeably reduced libido, and even an occasional dull pain in my testes. My testicles haven't noticeably shrunk, however they don't appear to be hanging as low as before and they feel almost squishy to the touch. So I'm pretty sure I'm being shutdown to some degree off this stuff. Sorry to everyone who assumed it doesn't cause any shutdown :dunno:, it definitely appears to be doing so at higher doses.

Anyways I was thinking of stacking Nolvadex with USP labs Prime for PCT. I'm not exactly sure how to dose the Nolvadex for pct though. Could anyone help me out?

frozenflame

Awards
Oh and other than this I have not experienced any side effects from the ostarine. The only thing worth mentioning would be reduced acne, but this is probably because of the decrease in natural tesosterone and therefore DHT

TML499

Awards
That dose does seem higher than what I have heard most people running, but I've been curious about shutdown with this. I wouldn't run Nolva for a PCT though, maybe just something like triazole, I doubt you need a serm. Can you get bloodwork done? Also, how were your results with the sarm?

frozenflame

Awards
I'm 20 years old, so a bit young to be messing around with this stuff. I did some research into ostarine however and thought it would be better than traditional steroids, since there was no known shutdown. At this point I wish I had just done a cycle of test though, since the gains were not all that great. There is a noticeable pump when I work out though, and I have gained about 12 lbs. I don't know how I would get blood work done, and I wouldn't know where to acquire triazole. I just got a bunch of nolva in the mail though. Why shouldn't i just use that?

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
Androgens will shut down natural testosterone and Ostarine is no exception. This stuff is a lot like Natadrol actually. You will need a pct.

frozenflame

Awards
can anyone recommend a good pct plan for me then? I have a ton of nolva at hand. Other than that I could probably get my hands on any legal supplement. not sure about anything else

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
can anyone recommend a good pct plan for me then? I have a ton of nolva at hand. Other than that I could probably get my hands on any legal supplement. not sure about anything else

if youre already shut down, run that mothrfuc*er as long as u originally planned...

run nolva @ 20/20/20/20 or at 10 for the last 2 weeks
a DAA supp @ 3g a day throughout pct
and erase inverse to the serm.. 4/3/2/1 (maybe a few more weeks if u want)

btw .. 12 lbs is an acceptable amount of weight for any cycle...

frozenflame

Awards
if youre already shut down, run that mothrfuc*er as long as u originally planned...

run nolva @ 20/20/20/20 or at 10 for the last 2 weeks
a DAA supp @ 3g a day throughout pct
and erase inverse to the serm.. 4/3/2/1 (maybe a few more weeks if u want)

btw .. 12 lbs is an acceptable amount of weight for any cycle...
Thanks man! this sounds easily doable for me. what do you mean by inverse to the serm though? although I gained 12 lbs, most of this weight was probably fat, as my strength hasnt gone up all that much. Maybe 10lbs in shoulder press, and 20lbs in barbell row. This is probably my fault though, just a stupid lack of dedication. I took like an entire week off during the cycle and did nothing. stupid....

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! this sounds easily doable for me. what do you mean by inverse to the serm though? although I gained 12 lbs, most of this weight was probably fat, as my strength hasnt gone up all that much. Maybe 10lbs in shoulder press, and 20lbs in barbell row. This is probably my fault though, just a stupid lack of dedication. I took like an entire week off during the cycle and did nothing. stupid....

LOL my bad bro i meant 12 lbs of muscle is good for any cycle..
how the f did u manage to gain 12 lbs of fat ...?
my advice to u is to go spend some time in the diet forums

take it as a lesson learned... and now since youre 18 you should hold off for a few years ... (like 7) and then run something if u still feel the need..

i really like daa in pct
and i really like nolva.
dont take too much time off man.. consistancy is the key !

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Why were you running this at 50mg..the most ive seen is 25mg? Just curious

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so I've been doing an 8 week cycle of ostarine at 50mg per day, and at this point I am pretty sure it is causing shutdown. I have never used AAS before so I don't know the degree of the shut down. I have been experiencing a lowered volume of ejaculant, noticeably reduced libido, and even an occasional dull pain in my testes. My testicles haven't noticeably shrunk, however they don't appear to be hanging as low as before and they feel almost squishy to the touch. So I'm pretty sure I'm being shutdown to some degree off this stuff. Sorry to everyone who assumed it doesn't cause any shutdown :dunno:, it definitely appears to be doing so at higher doses.

Anyways I was thinking of stacking Nolvadex with USP labs Prime for PCT. I'm not exactly sure how to dose the Nolvadex for pct though. Could anyone help me out?
:lmao:

this is funny, because original studies on the 5 sarms originally released, with ostarine & s4 being in that 5, had some level of hpta down regulation, ie, shutdown.

conclusion was that a perfect sarm in the sense of the word, has yet to be created.

but no one ever actually learns about the stuff they put into their body, they just read what their good bro's tell them on the internet, and where do you think they got their info from? the people selling sarms, instead of the people researching it.

:lmao:

2die4

2die4

Awards

Well i think you went over board my man 50mg everyday for 8 weeks???
I am currently running Osta at 12.5 i did try 25,50mg and went back to 12.5 i didn't see any difference between 12.5 and 50.. but its treating me nicely im thinking to bridge this 5week cycle to my next cycle so im thinking to get blood done after Osta or after my PCT hmmm to be continued...

You should run your nolva 20/20/10/10 you will be fine, or since you already are shutdown ŦÚČĶ ĨŤ bridge it to ⓈⓊⓅⒺⓇⒹⓇⓄⓁ :aargh::aargh::aargh:

grega60438

grega60438

Awards
Many personnel have ran 12.5-25mg levels of Ostarine with minimal shutdown. At 50mg I would be really curious to see how much shutdown has actually occurred. Prior to PCT, are you able to run a testosterone test? But also you would need a past history, completely clean baseline test to compare it to. If everything does not line up to complete the test, no worries, I just figured it's an opportunity to get some data.

billyzane1

Awards
With all due respect, why would you do 50mg of a substance when virtually nobody has gone there before- of a substance that is not even approved yet and still going through clinical trials..

Risky and foolish. You probably would have been alright doing 10 or 15mg ED for about a month and have no shutdown.

Be careful or you will screw up your whole hormone profile for the rest of your life, including having low libido. I am sure you will bounce back but it is not worth it man.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Androgens will shut down natural testosterone and Ostarine is no exception. This stuff is a lot like Natadrol actually. You will need a pct.
FALSE

ostarine IS NOT AN ANDROGEN

THE BODY DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT AS SUCH so no negative feedback loop occurs,

I used Ostarine IN PCT and I have bloods PROVING it isnt suppressive- at least not for me, dude you DO NOT know if you are shut down unless you get blood work- get some blood work done dude- then come talk to us

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With all due respect, why would you do 50mg of a substance when virtually nobody has gone there before- of a substance that is not even approved yet and still going through clinical trials..

Risky and foolish. You probably would have been alright doing 10 or 15mg ED for about a month and have no shutdown.

Be careful or you will screw up your whole hormone profile for the rest of your life, including having low libido. I am sure you will bounce back but it is not worth it man.
before you open your mouth, read around- plenty of people have used this at 50mg

**** have you guys READ ANY OF THE SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES ON OSTARINE?!

obviously not, reports show that ostarine is not suppresive in clinical conditions, i can almost promise your not shut down- blood work, until then nothing matters really

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
TheMeatus101

TheMeatus101

Awards
  • Established
Finish up with the Ostarine since your already shut down lol,but for the PCT,i would use RAGE RV1,good **** my dude.

Dr.Lang

Dr.Lang

Banned
Awards
Several blood panels done while on osta with ZERO shutdown. Even Patrick Arnold has confirmed this.

Now I cant speak for 50mgs, but that is a VERY high dose.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
ostarine has no androgenic properties. It may be suppressing his HPTA via increased estrogen...

and op, 12lbs is a lot to gain from a sarm, your gains were actually good.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
ostarine has no androgenic properties. It may be suppressing his HPTA via increased estrogen...
Where in the world did you pull that from. It is a SARM. SARMS stimulate the androgen receptor to increase selective muscle tissues. How then, could it not have androgenic properties if it works through this mechanism? Estrogen increase does not suppress the HPTA. If that were the case DAA would be suppressive, and it isn't. DAA raises testosterone and estrogen as a balance and the HPTA is actually healed.

:stupid:

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
Just because Ostarine does not increase LH or FSH levels in pilot studies DOES NOT mean it has no hormonal action. If something stimulates the androgen receptor, it is already working through hormonal mechanisms by this factor. Sure the shutdown may be minimal at a low dose but there will undoubtedly be some form of HPTA decline. Also because it works through the AR it will raise bilirubin levels and cause prostate hypertrophy as all androgens do. Much like anabolic steroids, even if the suppression is not as severe.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
before you open your mouth, read around- plenty of people have used this at 50mg

**** have you guys READ ANY OF THE SCIENTIFIC ARTICLES ON OSTARINE?!

obviously not, reports show that ostarine is not suppresive in clinical conditions, i can almost promise your not shut down- blood work, until then nothing matters really
and the clinical conditions were at 3mg/day. He is taking over 15 times that. Formestane isn't significantly suppressive at 100mg/day, but damn well would be at 1500mg/day.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
Where in the world did you pull that from. It is a SARM. SARMS stimulate the androgen receptor to increase selective muscle tissues. How then, could it not have androgenic properties if it works through this mechanism? Estrogen increase does not suppress the HPTA. If that were the case DAA would be suppressive, and it isn't. DAA raises testosterone and estrogen as a balance and the HPTA is actually healed.

:stupid:
You are very wrong man..
Estrogen is suppressive to HPTA function, you sir are speaking out of your a-s-s, I deal with people like you daily. Estrogen, progesteron and prolactin rises will lower free and total test levels.. I do not know too much on DAA, however I do know DAA raises test levels, and because daa raises test levels, your body will automatically produce more e2 via aromatase enzyme.. and will raise prolactin. talking about a sarm is a completely differen metabolic ballpark buddy..

You sir I will claim as ignorant, so I shall not call you a tool..

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
You are very wrong man..
Estrogen is suppressive to HPTA function, you sir are speaking out of your a-s-s, I deal with people like you daily. Estrogen, progesteron and prolactin rises will lower free and total test levels.. I do not know too much on DAA, however I do know DAA raises test levels, and because daa raises test levels, your body will automatically produce more e2 via aromatase enzyme.. and will raise prolactin. talking about a sarm is a completely differen metabolic ballpark buddy..

You sir I will claim as ignorant, so I shall not call you a tool..
ok, before, I start let me underline that^, because I think you misunderstood me. Estrogen itself is not suppressive to the HPTA because it's a natural hormone found in all humans, but a change in estrogen levels or ANY HORMONE for that matter (even testosterone) is suppressive when administered exogenously. There has to be a point of Balance. You said that when Ostarine is administered estrogen levels rise? OF COURSE that would suppress the Hypothalamus and pituitary because there's an alteration in testosterone and estrogen. I think we've answered the question on shutdown.

If estrogen levels rise post-osta then there's inevitably suppression. Case closed

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ok, before, I start let me underline that^, because I think you misunderstood me. Estrogen itself is not suppressive to the HPTA because it's a natural hormone found in all humans, but a change in estrogen levels or ANY HORMONE for that matter (even testosterone) is suppressive when administered exogenously. There has to be a point of Balance. You said that when Ostarine is administered estrogen levels rise? OF COURSE that would suppress the Hypothalamus and pituitary because there's an alteration in testosterone and estrogen. Show me one blood work example where estradiol increased on ostarine and i'll gladly STFU.
stfu and read this

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/content/short/84/10/3459

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
^ yeah i saw ostarine does increase estradiol, it even says in the write up. So, why schwell, would you say it doesn't cause shutdown? That's contradictory in and of itself.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
it doesnt when used with something called an ai to keep it in check- but listen, bottom line is this

the
drug
is
to
new
to
be
certain
of
any
focking
thing
whatsoever
jbryand
i
still
love
you
YUH

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
^ yeah i saw ostarine does increase estradiol, it even says in the write up. So, why schwell, would you say it doesn't cause shutdown? That's contradictory in and of itself.
not everything that raises estrogen is suppressive.... serms raise estrogen... they arent suppressive..

basically what sucks is, the OP is somehow shut down. he should get a serm
it isnt funny, it sucks being shut down

Dr.Lang

Dr.Lang

Banned
Awards
I will drop the guys at Sarms Search an email and see what they say.

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
ok, before, I start let me underline that^, because I think you misunderstood me. Estrogen itself is not suppressive to the HPTA because it's a natural hormone found in all humans, but a change in estrogen levels or ANY HORMONE for that matter (even testosterone) is suppressive when administered exogenously. There has to be a point of Balance. You said that when Ostarine is administered estrogen levels rise? OF COURSE that would suppress the Hypothalamus and pituitary because there's an alteration in testosterone and estrogen. I think we've answered the question on shutdown.

If estrogen levels rise post-osta then there's inevitably suppression. Case closed
Just use an AI, STFU case closed..

SolidusSnake

SolidusSnake

Awards
  • Established
not everything that raises estrogen is suppressive.... serms raise estrogen... they arent suppressive..

basically what sucks is, the OP is somehow shut down. he should get a serm
it isnt funny, it sucks being shut down
SERM raises estrogen because a SERM is an estrogen.. It suppresses free test levels because of increased shbg. And there is a reason you add an AI to a serm PCT, because it makes recovery 10x easier

2k1s

2k1s

Awards
  • Established
I used Ostarine IN PCT and I have bloods PROVING it isnt suppressive- at least not for me, dude you DO NOT know if you are shut down unless you get blood work- get some blood work done dude- then come talk to us
Your blood work does not prove anything.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
this is how i understand it from anatomy

too much testosterone increases aromatase enzyme, which increases estrogen. this keeps the T:E levels somewhat constant. a rise in E is seen by the body as too much testosterone production and the body will produce less testosterone. therefore, estrogen is suppressive. this is also how AI's work. ur body doesnt sense any estrogen, so it makes more testosterone... no estrogen b/c its not being converted (or whatever) by aromatase, so it pumps out more testosterone (to a point).

i dont know all the specs about ostarine, but i probably should start looking into it as ive been on it over 2 weeks. 12.5mg FTW

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
SERM raises estrogen because a SERM is an estrogen.. It suppresses free test levels because of increased shbg. And there is a reason you add an AI to a serm PCT, because it makes recovery 10x easier
Yes a SERM does increase estrogen while reducing estrogenic side effects but it does not decrease free or total test levels in men. It increases shbg but still raises total test levels (even though SHBG inhibits free and total test by itself) because it acts as an agonist to the ER as well as being an antagonist in other less predominant ER tissues. But urrite, when a SERM is used in conjuction with an AI is when SHBG is stabilized and Free/total test is thru tha roof

:usa2:

hugeswole

hugeswole

Awards
I know 10 weeks of S4 shut me down pretty bad. 2k1s when are you getting bloods done?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just use an AI, STFU case closed..
aromatase inhibitors only work on the aromatizing enzymes.

so what are you going to do for the estrogen formed from non enzymatic aromatization genius?

continue researching an stfu. anyone who thinks androgens are progestins has no business giving anyone advice about steroids.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
oh, man, reading through the post in this thread gives me a headache.

Bry17

Awards
  • Established
I have discussed this extensively with pa the past couple days, and he believes the increased estrogen production post-osta has to do with aromatization of your own testosterone. It's actually a common side effect of androgens that a lot of people are unaware of. Also if anyone thinks this is not androgenic, you have been misinformed to say the least

hugeswole

hugeswole

Awards
JPK

About 70 mg/day split into two doses. Great stuff though, unreal energy.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP did you ever get any blood work done?

you might not even be shut down- then again you could be BAD

blood work is the way to know man until then i wouldnt put anything in my body

acidhip

Awards
I'd like to add just one thing to this thread.. Noone seems to have mentioned it. And I really think this is what the OP's problem really is:

There is absolutely no guarantee that what he has used actually is ostarine. There is as far as I know still only one legit source for this stuff. It might be anything, could be a prohormone or a regular methylated steroid suspended in the oil he's taking.

Add to this that he took 50mg a day and yeah...

those that don't feel any difference between 12.5 and 25mg, yeah... are you sure you're not just eating 0.5ml of oil a day?

frozenflame

Awards
Hey guys, sorry I haven't checked this thread in so long. I just went back to school and im living a pretty busy lifestyle. Anyways, an update on the whole shutdown thing. Interestingly enough the symptoms of shutdown only occurred when I stopped working out and kept taking ostarine for a week. As soon as I started lifting again everything seemed to go back to normal. My libido was up, no pain in my testicles, normal amounts of ejaculant. It all seemed to go back to normal. Well tomorrow is the last day of my ostarine cycle and I'm planning on using ERASE with DAA just in case there was any actual shutdown. I wish I could afford to pay for blood tests but as a poor college student i barely have enough money to feed myself.