cycle assist or life support?

TulsaTalons

Awards
which do u guys prefer on cycle? cycle assist by CEL or life support by AI? which is more effective on BP and liver? which is more cost efficient? thanx guys.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Life support, it costs more but i like whats in the stuff better.

The two products your comparing are prolly the closest two things you could compare. Pretty sure life support has two more things in it.

TulsaTalons

Awards
Life support, it costs more but i like whats in the stuff better.

The two products your comparing are prolly the closest two things you could compare. Pretty sure life support has two more things in it.
thanx for the quick reply brah. im strongly leaning towards life support as well, its half as many caps a day. and i get sooooo sick of taking 34 caps per day :aargh:

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
LS is half-dosed CS. CS or CA, cant go wrong

TulsaTalons

Awards
LS is half-dosed CS. CS or CA, cant go wrong
would 1 scoop of cycle support per day be sufficient?

Hawthorn Berry 1,000 mg -

Saw Palmetto 300 mg -

Red Yeast Rice 1,200 mg -

Silymarin (Milk Thistle Extract) 1,000 mg -

NAC 1,200 mg -

Celery Seed Extract 150 mg -

Nettle Root 250 mg -

Idebenone 100 mg -

Policosonol 20 mg -

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
life support doesnt have vitamin b-6 which i believe i read somewhere helps with gyno ?

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
Cycle Assist Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 4 Capsules
Servings per Container: 60

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine 750 mg **
Milk Thistle (Standardized to 80% Silymarin) 500 mg **
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B-5) 500 mg 5000%
Hawthorn Berry Extract (Satndardized to 1.8% Vitexin) 450 mg **
Vitamin B-6 (Pyridoxine HCL) 50 mg 10000%
Saw Palmetto Extract (Standardized to 45% Fatty Acids) 160 mg **
Celery Seed Extract (10:1) 75 mg **
Grape Seed Extract (95% Proanthocyanidins) 75 mg **
Policosanol 20 mg **
Zinc Gluconate 15 mg 100%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Magnesium Stearate

Cycle Assist Directions:
As a dietary supplement, take 4 capsules twice daily spaced out 8 to 12 hours apart, preferably with meals.

Life Support Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 capsules

2 Servings Provide

Red Yeast Rice 600mg **
Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 500mg **
NAC 600mg **
Hawthron Bery 500mg **
Saw Palmetto 150mg **
Policosonol 10mg **
Celery Seed Extract 125mg **
Nettle Root 125mg **
Idebenone 100mg **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
** Percent Daily Values not established.

OTHER INGREDIENTS: Gelatin, Cellulose.

Life Support Directions:
Take 1 serving 1 in AM & 1 in PM for a TOTAL of FOUR Capsules per day.

no reason

no reason

Awards
  • Established
cycle assist has never did me wrong..yeah its 8 caps per day verses only 4 with life support but so what.. they are both a total of 60 servings in a bottle each..

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
would 1 scoop of cycle support per day be sufficient?

Hawthorn Berry 1,000 mg -

Saw Palmetto 300 mg -

Red Yeast Rice 1,200 mg -

Silymarin (Milk Thistle Extract) 1,000 mg -

NAC 1,200 mg -

Celery Seed Extract 150 mg -

Nettle Root 250 mg -

Idebenone 100 mg -

Policosonol 20 mg -
Read conflicting stuff about this so I went with CEL Cycle Assist

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One scoop of Cycle Support is equal to taking one day's worth of Life Support. I take one scoop of CS daily. I've been taking it more or less on a daily basis for many years now.

IMO, research the ingredients in each product and then take the one that you feel meets your needs best :thumbsup:

urbanski

urbanski

Awards
  • Established
life support doesnt have vitamin b-6 which i believe i read somewhere helps with gyno ?
cycle assist has never did me wrong..yeah its 8 caps per day verses only 4 with life support but so what.. they are both a total of 60 servings in a bottle each..
A full serving of LS is equal to 1/2 serving of CS...or one scoop. Your call if you want pills or orange powder. If you want extra B6 for gyno buy bulk P5P.

I trust AI and CS2.0 highly, but you users decide for yourself. I have tons of CEL products too, and have used CA in the past.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you can go wrong either way. Just make sure to do your research so you're not uncomfortable with what you have once your start your stack/cycle.

What are you running that has made you look into these sorts of supps?

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Life support and Cycle assist are equal doses of all the support supps. one bottle of CA is not double the amount of LS. LS is just more potent in each cap thats why your taking 4 instead of 8.

The AI powder cycle support tastes horrible. And I mean horrible, i threw half the stuff out cuz i couldnt hack it.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
what was the conflicting stuff homie?
"prolonged use of red yeast (statiins) can cause a lack of coq10, and many other sides we aren't aware of yet."

"Presumably (red yeast rice) carries the same serious risks as statin drugs, such as life-threatening liver inflammation and rhabdomyolysis (muscle tissue breakdown that can cause kidney failure). It should not be used in conjunction with statins, niacin, or drugs in the fibrate family."

This is what I have read from other experienced posters.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
I'd rather take a scoop of CS in a protein shake than another 4 pills 2x a day......

And I always take fish oil, milk thistle, and hawthorn berry 3x a day during oral cycles....its cheap at walmart.....bodily organs are not....

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"prolonged use of red yeast (statiins) can cause a lack of coq10, and many other sides we aren't aware of yet."

"Presumably (red yeast rice) carries the same serious risks as statin drugs, such as life-threatening liver inflammation and rhabdomyolysis (muscle tissue breakdown that can cause kidney failure). It should not be used in conjunction with statins, niacin, or drugs in the fibrate family."

This is what I have read from other experienced posters.
This is no longer really very pertinent. The FDA passed laws that greatly limited the amounts of statin that can be contained in RYR OTC supplements. Many of the benefits from RYR are now likely attributed to the plant sterols it contains (Betasitosterol, Campesterol and Stigmasterol).

FWIIW, the Orange 72 serving Cycle Support v 2.0 contains Grape Seed Extract in place of the RYR that's in the other flavors. :D

suresha

Awards
  • Established
The standardizations CEL does make a difference;)...not to mention it $26
!!!!!!!!!!!!BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

they're both great, granted don't we all agree. ingredient wise they're almost identical, so now it comes to dollars and cents.................and thats where CEL takes the cake:friday:

TulsaTalons

Awards
has anyone ever done just bulk hawthorne berry and milk thistle?

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
If you do a label comparison, keep a few things in mind.

CEL CA and AI CS are both 30 day supply bottles, unless you get the newer AI CS 72 serving size. From what I am seeing, comparing prices at various places the CEL product is a bit less expensive. However, if you compare ingredients, the AI CS has more of the primary ingredients per serving. If amounts are critical you really need to decide which one has the amounts you want. I'm leaning towards the AI as I don't want to haggle over a few $$$ when my liver is taking a beating.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you do a label comparison, keep a few things in mind.

CEL CA and AI CS are both 30 day supply bottles, unless you get the newer AI CS 72 serving size. From what I am seeing, comparing prices at various places the CEL product is a bit less expensive. However, if you compare ingredients, the AI CS has more of the primary ingredients per serving. If amounts are critical you really need to decide which one has the amounts you want. I'm leaning towards the AI as I don't want to haggle over a few $$$ when my liver is taking a beating.
The standardizations are just as important(if not more) as the ingred dosages;)

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
The standardizations are just as important(if not more) as the ingred dosages;)
Absolutely and I took that into account when I was comparing. Both are standardized to 80%.

Cycle Assist Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 4 Capsules

N-Acetyl-l-Cysteine 750 mg **
Milk Thistle (Standardized to 80% Silymarin) 500 mg

Cycle Support Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Scoop

2 Servings Provide

Red Yeast Rice 1200mg **
Silymarin (milk thistle extract) 1000mg **
NAC 1200mg **
Another thing to keep in mind is, just how much of any particular ingredient do you want or how much is effective? "IF" 500mg standardized to 80% is enough, then why pay more for a more expensive product, right? But, the flip side is, if 500mg/80% is not enough, then the daily dosages are going to work out about the same money wise if you have to take more of the lower dose product to compensate.

Let me clarify that I am not really picking sides here. But, you do have to do some digging to really make an apples v apples comparison. Obviously, if you do any reading online then you'll see that both are good products from reputable companies. Either should do the job.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Seems you almost have to take 8 CEL pills vs 4 of AIs pills.
You could probably get away with 3 AI pills daily to prolong the life of the bottle.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Seems you almost have to take 8 CEL pills vs 4 of AIs pills.
You could probably get away with 3 AI pills daily to prolong the life of the bottle.
If you are using for "on cycle" support then you dont want to skimp on the dosage;):)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I've been running an extra cap or 2 a day :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, no thanks to me, lol...

...inside joke :D

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yeah, no thanks to me, lol...

...inside joke :D
You're my best friend on here lol & I know I can get annoying & ask the same questions but that's what friends r 4 :D

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nah, you're cool, bro. Just saw you over at PHF...