Accutane way too dangerous, benefits != risk!!

muller

muller

Awards
Anyone looking at or already taking accutane should be aware of the risks.. and we see the commercials for irritable bowel lawsuits nightly from this drug, but still we take it. I took it, with the mindset that roids arent as dangerous as they are cracked up to be, pimple meds wont do sh*t to me!!! WRONG! after just one month of use my labs changed from pitch perfect cholesterol and BP to startling levels. I got off the accutane about 6 months ago and things havent changed much, most likely cus I never go off is my assumption, but still... me being cleared up isn't worth it, and my back was DISGUSTING MAN!

I love steroids... but stay away from accutane, that stuff is the devil.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used accutane back in my sophomore year of high school. Got some un-desirable sides from it, but the most I've ever had in terms of acne since is a couple blackheads along my hairline (from sweat - usually in the summer because of baseball) and a once in a while whitehead.

The worst part for me was getting some little bumps on the palms of my hands and in between my fingers (the cream they gave me to use for this is actually what you can also use for either herpes or genital warts - can't remember which, but it was listed on the box, which made it REAL fun to pick up at like age 16), and then having my skin dry out really badly. Both of those only seemed to come up in the winter. And it was for several years after use (into college). It's seemed to drop off since then, but every once in a while, I'll get the little palm bumps again.

It was worth it for me, though.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For steroid acne you can go lower and for a shorter amount of time than the clinical dose. It will still work but be somewhat less harsh. I used it back in the day but now just take a couple of grams of b5.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
Anyone looking at or already taking accutane should be aware of the risks.. and we see the commercials for irritable bowel lawsuits nightly from this drug, but still we take it. I took it, with the mindset that roids arent as dangerous as they are cracked up to be, pimple meds wont do sh*t to me!!! WRONG! after just one month of use my labs changed from pitch perfect cholesterol and BP to startling levels. I got off the accutane about 6 months ago and things havent changed much, most likely cus I never go off is my assumption, but still... me being cleared up isn't worth it, and my back was DISGUSTING MAN!

I love steroids... but stay away from accutane, that stuff is the devil.
i took accutane years ago. took it for like 3-4 months and had bloodwork done every month.......nothing came back nuts. of course i was young at the time so my mom talked to the doc about that stuff..i never saw the bloodwork. i also did use a lower dose than usual...and it was the generic......

for me, clearing up bad acne and never getting any ever again was worth using a crap load of chapstick on my lips.

i think girls think its alot cooler to be able to kiss a guys cheek with no zits than have a crazy looking face with more muscles....

maybe not though