first methyl cycle

S

schlam_of

Awards
getting ready to start a cycle with m-4ohn and im gonna use some milk thistle while on..anyone know if it really fights absorbtion of ph's that much?..is three hours after taking the ph long enough, should i wait longer between doses?

B

Bennett

Awards
Some people say taking milk thissle on cycle could possibly diminsh gains,but I've seen no evidence to back this up.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
getting ready to start a cycle with m-4ohn and im gonna use some milk thistle while on..anyone know if it really fights absorbtion of ph's that much?..is three hours after taking the ph long enough, should i wait longer between doses?
It just increases clearance. I would not use it w/ something as liver friendly as m4ohn. Unless, the doses you plan are very high (>40mg/d) or you plan to stay on for awhile. Milk thistle is best reserved for toxic stuff or the second half of long methyl cycles after you increase the doses. I always use it when on clomid (people don't realize how bad that stuff does you, worse than the juice itself in most cases.)

S

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Use the milk thistle off cycle.

Since every one is saying m4ohn is not as toxic as other methyls, would it be wise to run it without any liver protectors such as r-ala....ect....while on????

C

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
Although M4OHN has fewer adverse side effects than some of the nastier methyls like M 1-T, I would not call it liver friendly. Do we really have any data supporting a low or non-hepatotoxic effect of M4OHN on the liver?

Regarding Milk Thistle reducing the effectiveness of prohormones, the idea was based on an article written by Big Cat over at BB.com where he hypothesized that improving the liver's function by using milk thistle would therefore help the liver remove prohormones from the body. He just stated it without proof. From there, it has gone on to be an "urban legend" in the bodybuilding community. Note: I am not saying that it is not true, merely that there is no evidence supporting that claim. (If anyone has scientific information to the contrary, I would appreciate it if they posted it.) Let me add that NAC and Milk Thistle help the liver recover from damage, they do not necessarily protect it from damage.

S

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
Although M4OHN has fewer adverse side effects than some of the nastier methyls like M 1-T, I would not call it liver friendly. Do we really have any data supporting a low or non-hepatotoxic effect of M4OHN on the liver?

Regarding Milk Thistle reducing the effectiveness of prohormones, the idea was based on an article written by Big Cat over at BB.com where he hypothesized that improving the liver's function by using milk thistle would therefore help the liver remove prohormones from the body. He just stated it without proof. From there, it has gone on to be an "urban legend" in the bodybuilding community. Note: I am not saying that it is not true, merely that there is no evidence supporting that claim. (If anyone has scientific information to the contrary, I would appreciate it if they posted it.) Let me add that NAC and Milk Thistle help the liver recover from damage, they do not necessarily protect it from damage.
Exactly what I thought. It would probably be wise to use milk thistle and NAC post or precycle.....ie the whole time you're not using methyls for liver repair. Then use r-ala/ala during for protection, unless anyone knows why or how thistle/nac effect you during cycle.

Also wanted to ask since I have ala instaed of r-ala how much should I use per day while on?

Wanted to mention that I remember reading on one of Big Cat's articles, that liver tabs 'may' also effect oral ph's because it contains P-450 enzyme, which protect the liver.....which may also be a myth.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
scorp, you have the right idea. MT does a lot of things, it increases glutathione levels, affects P-450 isozymes, etc... but it's benefit is very questionable. It's best used w/ DNP, SERM's, m1t, alcohol, and basicly toxic stuff. Methyls are not that bad, except when abused. ALA is always a good idea though, for you liver, kidneys and muscles.

S

schlam_of

Awards
ok, thanks a bunch..so on the ala--r-ala, when is it best to take it in reference to ph dosing times..does it not matter?..how much do you recc taking of it?