Low Test Levels

D

derker2008

Awards
Hi Guys.

FYI - I recently did a write up on my last cycle "H-Drol Review by CEL".

Anyway, I finished my six week cycle of H-Drol (50/75/75/100/100/125) on October 6th and began a four week PCT the day after. I ran Nolva (25/25/25/25), Post Cycle Support, and 6-OXO as well as support supplements (Cycle Assist, Multi Vitamin) as instructed. On December 9th I got blood work and my Test levels came back very low.

Testosterone, Serum @ 119 ng/dL (Normal 280-800)
Testosterone, Free @ 2.80 ng/dL (Normal 5-21)
% Free Testosterone @ 2.35 (Normal 1.5-4.20)

My doctor wants to put me on Testim (testosterone) gel for several weeks and then re-check my Test Levels.

I do not want my body to become dependent on the Testim, and then never be able to produce healthly test levels naturally again?? Not sure if this will happen so I'm looking for some legitimate, educated feedback.

I would greatly appreciate advice on this topic from guys who have been in this position or a similar position to mine personally. So, isn't it odd that my test levels haven't recovered as my PCT was prety much textbook? Let me know if your test levels have taken more than a few months to recover from a PH or AAS cycle.

Thanks in advance!

mich29

mich29

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
right after a cycle your test levels are going to be jacked up.I'd give your body at least the same length of time the cycle was before worrying about low test. wait for 6 weeks after pct is over and have everthing retested.you should be fine at this point.

L

LiveNDie

Awards
If its been a while, get a referal to the best Endo. in your area. Tell them what you did and tell them that you dont want TRT. Request HCG therapy, its off label use so its going to be expensive. I'll send you a place were you can get it much cheaper, but you need a prescription. You may not beable to get started back and may have to be on TRT for the rest of your life but remeber this is not likely.

D

derker2008

Awards
Anymore feedback, appreciate the responsesthus far.

So, on Monday I told my doctor that I didn't want Testim because it was way too expensive, my insurance wouldn't cover it so it was like $350.00 / mnth. So, there is a local pharmacy in my area that mixes compunds and they mixed up some Testosterone Gel 2% and it was only $55 for one month. The doctor has instructed me to apply a pea size amount each day to my shoulder and will test in a month or two. So, I began applying the gel yesterday and today.

What are your thoughts on this guys?? Any personal experience on this?

D

derker2008

Awards
Nobody else has experience with low test levels (guess nobody gets bloodwork done)....???

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How old are you? What were your pre cycle levels?

You don't want TRT nor do you need to spend the exuberant amount of money on HCG treatment.

D

derker2008

Awards
I'm only 27 years old. Unfortunately, I did not get bloodwork done on Test levels before cycle (I should have); however I do get annual bloodwork b/c of hypothyroidism and I believe they've been checking test at that point, in any case I've never known of a the problem (however I guess there could have been low from the start). As mentioned, I went ahead and began applying the testosterone gel once daily in hopes that it will help me get my T levels back up to normal. I do have some nolva on hand that I used for PCT....

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As mentioned, I went ahead and began applying the testosterone gel once daily in hopes that it will help me get my T levels back up to normal. I do have some nolva on hand that I used for PCT....
Sure, it will bring your levels up but it will be exogenous testosterone which will only further inhibit you. You will be making matters worse rather than better by doing this. Testosterone gel is for TRT - not what you need.

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
You need to go completely clean for four weeks and see what your natural state is. You can't get a true reading by administering anything. Once you have a TRUE baseline, you adjust accordingly.

I have been on HRT for years because my baseline T is below 275. Testim plus DAA brings it up to and over 1,000 at times.

If you need HRT, then you need it. If you don't, you don't. It's that simple....

D

derker2008

Awards
Thanks for the feedback. The pharmacist & doctor both acted like this was hopefully going to be a temporary thing - using the gel for a few months to help increase my natural test levels. If this gel is only causing me to further shut down why would they consider using this gel & not a SERM, natty test booster, or something? Either way, I'm going to schedule another appointment with my doctor this week to discuss in further detail.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for the feedback. The pharmacist & doctor both acted like this was hopefully going to be a temporary thing - using the gel for a few months to help increase my natural test levels. If this gel is only causing me to further shut down why would they consider using this gel & not a SERM, natty test booster, or something? Either way, I'm going to schedule another appointment with my doctor this week to discuss in further detail.
Would you think for yourself for a minute?

You are introducing exogenous testosterone. You will have artificially elevated testosterone levels.

The use of exogenous testosterone will further inhibit your body's ability to produce natural testosterone.

Yes, you need to ask yourself why would your doctor and pharmacist not know this? Why would you agree to this?

Find another doctor AND pharmacist and don't use the gel.

sethroberts

sethroberts

Awards
  • Established
You need to go completely clean for four weeks and see what your natural state is. You can't get a true reading by administering anything. Once you have a TRUE baseline, you adjust accordingly.

I have been on HRT for years because my baseline T is below 275. Testim plus DAA brings it up to and over 1,000 at times.

If you need HRT, then you need it. If you don't, you don't. It's that simple....
One of the smartest responses I have seen regarding HRT.

D

derker2008

Awards
FYI......I've stopped using the Gel used it for about 7 days. I had my visit with my doctor and explained in further detail why I believe my test levels to be so low. He told me to stop immediately and we will do bloodwork in a month to see where my natural test levels are at....Thanks for your input guys. I have some Liquid Nolva on hand, PES Erase, and Tribulus. Do you suggest using any one of these supplements to aid in boosting my natural test levels? The Doc said no to Anti-E but didn't know enough about Tribulus to advise....suggested I stay leave it alone for a month.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Unless you want false reading and completely miss the opportunity to get an actual baseline and the potential for proper treat...don't supplement. Leave it alone.