Anavar and Alopecia Areata

anaboller

Awards
Hey guys,

First post here on AM. This looks like the most knowledgeable forum on AAS so I thought I'd give it a shot to see if anyone's had similar experiences to me :)

I have a question about other's experiences with Alopecia Areata due to Anavar usage. I had taken about 50mg Anavar per day (1 25 mg capsule twice per day, 12 hrs apart) back last fall as my first cycle of AAS. My results were pretty impressive (strength increases, gained about 10lbs), however I did get sick for a week nearing the end of of my two month cycle - I've heard many others get this flu/sickness as well during cycle.

About a month and a half after the end of my cycle I started to notice facial hair loss in tiny patches, which gradually grew up to the size of a nickel in some facial areas, along with large patches of hair loss on my neck. The patches continued to expand and eventually also appeared on the side of my head, which was pretty alarming to me at the time. I had stopped AAS at the end of my two month cycle (no PCT - it was just Anavar so I thought it wasn't required), however the hair loss continued until about 4 months after it began, a total of 5 months from the end of my Anavar cycle. The time delay before alopecia areata onset was really confusing for me - so I didn't put two and two regarding AAS and hairloss together at first, and tried another 25 day cycle of the same amount about 6 months after my first cycle.

Again about 1 month after the beginning of my cycle the patchy spots started to increase in size. Keep in mind these aren't alopecia androgenica male pattern baldness patches - they were on the side of my head and on my face and neck, which i understand isn't alopecia androgenica. I had a friend who also did a one month cycle of the same Anavar (I believe the var was from Eastern Europe) and he noticed patches in his beard one month after stopping his cycle as well. The hairloss was unresponsive to Nizoral, protopic and had only a very minimal improvement with cortisone shots from a dermatologist. I've only now begun to have the patches vanish, almost 5 months from the onset of the second bout of alopecia.

Has anyone else experienced alopecia areata from Anavar? Should I expect this to occur any time I use AAS due to genetic predisposition? I am wondering if subcutaneously delivered AAS (ie injectable Primobolan) may not carry the same hair loss trait due to the lack of strain on my liver (among other things). Anyone out there with the same experiences with advice?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you guys have - you all rock!