training..

jlm25

Awards
I would post this in the training section, but I figured since most PH users are probably surfing this section to post it here..

After finishing up a cycle, are you still lifting heavy volume, or do you find that afterwards your joints are pretty fatigued and change it up for a few weeks with lighter weight and more reps. Then switching back to volume and just alternating every 3-4 weeks?

I did a hdrol cycle back in june and I just continued to lift straight volume during and after. No sore joints apart from the norm, and my elbows never felt "shot." I'm on week 3 of my PCT from a beastdrol/epi cycle. Since the 2nd week of PCT my elbows have been really wobbly when I bench for no reason. So I'm going to give my joints a breather for a few weeks and see if that helps.
any comments?

thanks!

j

bigpapa

bigpapa

Awards
  • Established
train the same way you did on cycle during pct. eat the same way, lift the same way etc..this will help solidify gains. after your pct, you can change it up.

mark118

mark118

Awards
  • Established
ive read and debated this many times

theoretically, it would seem wise to train for greater sets on cycle to take advantage of the increased recovery/protein synth

and train for power during pct to maintain gains wuthout over training.... is 1 suggestion

DBdude

DBdude

Awards
  • Established
I have always been told to train heavier on pct in addition to adding other supplements like creatine to help retain gains

jlm25

Awards
yeah..I've read that it is important to keep lifting heavy. But I'm not sure what to do with my wobbly elbows when I'm benching and that primarily my elbows feel really shot after my work outs. If nothing else maybe I'm just being a vagina about it :)