Test E cycle Questions...Ill pay you!

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Haha, maybe that got some attention? Anyways, I am 4 weeks into my first cycle. it looks as follows:

Weeks 1-10
Test E @ 500mg total (injected 2x a week 250mg each shot)

Pct:
Weeks 12-16
Nolva 40-40-20-20

QUESTIONS:

1.Now, I know thats not much of a pct, which is why I am asking if it is sufficient? The whole nolva and clomid together is getting annoying to me...

2.I have heard mixed opinions on running an AI on cycle, some say DO IT OR DIE, and others say take it ONLY if needed, ie: bloat or nipple problems.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Haha, ok I lied...I just need advice. Help a guy out!

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a good beginner level cycle. Nolva alone should be ok, but to be annoying, i think Clomid/Nolva would be better, even a little HCG beforehand too. One of these days id like to try some Toremefine since i hear nothing but good things of it. Are you experiencing any bloat issues or anything now ?? If not than hold off on the AI, but have it ready.

Cantell

Awards
  • Established
Looks like a good beginner level cycle. Nolva alone should be ok, but to be annoying, i think Clomid/Nolva would be better, even a little HCG beforehand too. One of these days id like to try some Toremefine since i hear nothing but good things of it. Are you experiencing any bloat issues or anything now ?? If not than hold off on the AI, but have it ready.
Yea, I dont have access to hcg unfortanatly, plus, I am newb with the dosing/timing. I know thats bad since I started a cycle, however, I have heard it can be suppresive if used at the wrong time? Like during pct is bad? Its mainly used at end of cycle to help? Idk, correct me if I am wrong....I have A little bloat, nothing bad, no nipple issues either.

thegodfather

thegodfather

Awards
  • Established
Yea HCG is best used for 3 weeks beginning one week before your last Test shot. Once you start PCT then you end HCG.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
AI on cycle only if you need it. You'll know when you start getting sensitive/puffy nips.

Clomid is a better choice than nolva for PCT. Using them both wouldn't be a bad idea. You should also throw in a natty test booster.

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I dont have access to hcg unfortanatly, plus, I am newb with the dosing/timing. I know thats bad since I started a cycle, however, I have heard it can be suppresive if used at the wrong time? Like during pct is bad? Its mainly used at end of cycle to help? Idk, correct me if I am wrong....I have A little bloat, nothing bad, no nipple issues either.
HCG can be purchased online many places... if you're so inclined to seek it out.

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
No ones gonna say 10 weeks on Enanthate is a little short? I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's only 4 more ML to run 2 more weeks. What you can do in two weeks manipulating your diet would astound most. Youre gonna be shutdown either way so I think 12 weeks should be a minimum.

+1 for hcg on cycle. If this is your first cycle, youre not gonna like being shut down. If youve run harsh PH/DS, its probably happened before.

+1 for clomid. I feel like its faster acting on your HPTA.

+1 for test booster in pct. Save for 3-4th week and run until youre out. Im also a fan of a 4-6 week pct. Keep the calories up as well if youre bulking.

AI's should only be used if you start getting sides. Otherwise people sometimes over dose them and drop their estrogen levels, which minimum levels are needed for gains. Also the feeling of brittle joints from below baseline estrogen levels will have you avoiding heavy lifts.....

Cycle sounds good tho, besides the length. But that's jmo.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No ones gonna say 10 weeks on Enanthate is a little short? I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's only 4 more ML to run 2 more weeks.
Not just that but usually at 10 weeks i'm enjoying it so much that i couldn't imagine stopping for another 4-6 weeks minimum

SouthernCharm

SouthernCharm

Awards
  • Established
That comment amused me. Since I said "no ones gonna say 10 weeks on enanthate is a bit short?"

and there comes outstanding... to say exactly what I thought no one was gonna say lol

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
seriously tho you might as well get the most out of it. I would only ever run test E for 16wks but you should definately go for at least 12

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
No ones gonna say 10 weeks on Enanthate is a little short? I KNOW I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's only 4 more ML to run 2 more weeks. What you can do in two weeks manipulating your diet would astound most. Youre gonna be shutdown either way so I think 12 weeks should be a minimum.

+1 for hcg on cycle. If this is your first cycle, youre not gonna like being shut down. If youve run harsh PH/DS, its probably happened before.

+1 for clomid. I feel like its faster acting on your HPTA.

+1 for test booster in pct. Save for 3-4th week and run until youre out. Im also a fan of a 4-6 week pct. Keep the calories up as well if youre bulking.

AI's should only be used if you start getting sides. Otherwise people sometimes over dose them and drop their estrogen levels, which minimum levels are needed for gains. Also the feeling of brittle joints from below baseline estrogen levels will have you avoiding heavy lifts.....

Cycle sounds good tho, besides the length. But that's jmo.
Why would 10 weeks ever be considered too short? Even without a frontload, peak concentration is hit in week 5, giving 5-6 weeks of top gains. This is too short?

Most people running a non-frontloaded test e cycle report gains leveling off after 8-10 weeks, right where the OP will end the cycle. Are additional weeks of suppression and potential sides worth the gains at that point, especially since the OP is not using hCG? Individual responses may vary, but the point is 10 weeks is certainly not "too short". The OP could easily put on 20 lbs in that time frame, for a first cycle.

The rest of the advice is spot-on.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
Why would 10 weeks ever be considered too short?

Most people running a non-frontloaded test e cycle report gains leveling off after 8-10 weeks, right where the OP will end the cycle.
Are you high? where is this info?

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Are you high? where is this info?
Are you? It's not in a book. Read enough logs and you'll come to the same conclusion. Weight gains after a point don't come as fast. Period. Obviously everyone will be different, so +/- a week or 2, but still.

You think people gain 5 lbs every week for 12+ weeks, or hell, even 3 lbs a week, for that long? It sure is the case early in the cycle. It is quite common for one to be up 20+ lbs after 5-8 weeks. If you disagree, then show me a test only cycle, regardless of length, that put on 60 lbs.

I'll wait.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
Its just wrong thats all. More than enough people will concur 8 weeks of test is waste. up 20lbs in 5 on only test? maybe if you started at 130....

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Its just wrong thats all. More than enough people will concur 8 weeks of test is waste. up 20lbs in 5 on only test? maybe if you started at 130....
Then "more than enough people" are wrong. 20 lbs in 5 weeks is 100% doable with a frontload, and in 7-8 weeks without, and I haven't seen 130 lbs since maybe 6th grade. I'll be the proof.

I started a thread not too long ago asking opinions on a short, frontloaded test e cycle. As expected I got a lot of blowback about "8 week minimums", "any less is a waste", and so on and so on. Well, I already had all the information I needed about a short run (from another board, with more open-minded and creative users), and I am currently running the short test-e cycle. Guess what? It'll be 6 weeks long. Gasp! Have I wasted my test? I don't know, but it's week 5 and I'm up about 17-18 lbs and strength is at PR-levels on test only, so you tell me. Orals are starting momentarily, and will run as the ester clears.

Point is, how exactly do you know less than 8 weeks is a waste? Do you speak from experience, having "wasted" a cycle, or are you just parrotting what all the bros on the boards tell you?

Last edited:
xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
Then "more than enough people" are wrong. 20 lbs in 5 weeks is 100% doable with a frontload, and in 7-8 weeks without, and I haven't seen 130 lbs since maybe 6th grade. I'll be the proof.

I started a thread not too long ago asking opinions on a short, frontloaded test e cycle. As expected I got a lot of blowback about "8 week minimums", "any less is a waste", and so on and so on. Well, I already had all the information I needed about a short run (from another board, with more open-minded and creative users), and I am currently running the short test-e cycle. Guess what? It'll be 6 weeks long. Gasp! Have I wasted my test? I don't know, but it's week 5 and I'm up about 17-18 lbs and strength is at PR-levels on test only, so you tell me. Orals are starting momentarily, and will run as the ester clears.

Point is, how exactly do you know less than 8 weeks is a waste? Do you speak from experience, having "wasted" a cycle, or are you just parrotting what all the bros on the boards tell you?
I personally consider myself quite open minded so Id love to see your progress. I must have missed the frontload part as that must be the key to this success. I have never wasted my test with less than an adequate amount of time but I have seen others. All disagreements aside, goodluck as I always like to see progress

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Dragon is right, gains on a test cycle tend to diminish pretty hard after around week 8 for most users. I think Heavy Iron (other forums) has mentioned this in his test guide and has advocated a dosage increase around that point. It does have a lot to do with the individual though, and the longer you go, the longer you keep your gains, plus you can transition into a recomp/cut and use it for anti-catabolic effects. So there are reasons to run out the extra weeks.

Personally I see the long test cycles just as a base over which you place your oral steroids. You run it long so that you can do an oral at the beginning and another at the end.

Dragon: good to hear the frontload worked for you.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
My experience saw gains go well past that. I find gains accrued slowly over time to be supperior to those that kind of explode on you. As Unreal mentions here, even if someone were to experience the most substantial gains early the remainder is not worthless, rather, quite important for solidifying what you earned.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Dragon is right, gains on a test cycle tend to diminish pretty hard after around week 8 for most users. I think Heavy Iron (other forums) has mentioned this in his test guide and has advocated a dosage increase around that point. It does have a lot to do with the individual though, and the longer you go, the longer you keep your gains, plus you can transition into a recomp/cut and use it for anti-catabolic effects. So there are reasons to run out the extra weeks.

Personally I see the long test cycles just as a base over which you place your oral steroids. You run it long so that you can do an oral at the beginning and another at the end.

Dragon: good to hear the frontload worked for you.
Thanks Unreal, it actually worked better than I had expected. Week 1 was business as usual, week 2 was noticeably better, week 3 was epic. We'll see how much I can keep though, I'm hoping for 8-10 lbs.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
My experience saw gains go well past that. I find gains accrued slowly over time to be supperior to those that kind of explode on you. As Unreal mentions here, even if someone were to experience the most substantial gains early the remainder is not worthless, rather, quite important for solidifying what you earned.
This is a fair point and was considered thoroughly when I decided to do this, I can assure you. It may be that most of the gains and strength evaporate after the cycle is done. If so, I may then change my opinion. But I'm pretty certain I'll hold about half of what I gain, so I'm hopeful for 8-10 lbs. Even keeping 5-8 lbs and most of the strength would be a success to me.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dragon is right, gains on a test cycle tend to diminish pretty hard after around week 8 for most users. I think Heavy Iron (other forums) has mentioned this in his test guide and has advocated a dosage increase around that point.
I've always wondered if this was largely a myostatin issue, and if that is the spot where follastatin would help.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered if this was largely a myostatin issue, and if that is the spot where follastatin would help.
I've seen Pat Arnold discuss this, and his point (which I believe to be 100% spot-on) is that there are many, many different things going on in the body from steroid introduction -> muscle growth, and any number of them may be rate-limited. IOW, the body self-regulates and simply won't let muscle growth go past a certain point in a certain amount of time, no matter how many androgens are present. Myostatin is certainly a component here, but not the only component.

bristol

Awards
you don't need to run clomid and nolva at the same time. I don't cycle without HCG anymore, and I would consider adding HCG into your PCT. Also running some arimidex through your cycle is a descent idea.

swollen87

swollen87

Awards
  • Established
you put superdrol in there! now!