Always Aspirate Shots (AAS)

FrTimothy

FrTimothy

Awards
Had the worst luck today...hit a nerve with the first shot, then hit a vein with the next shot. A first for both..one lit me up, the other made me realize the potential dangers involved here...drew back lightly on syringe, good amount of blood came back. It was a blunt reminder of why we aspirate.

Probably nothing new to most of you guys but thought I'd share anyway.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
yes those of us that have done something similar have had the same Euka moment also.. just don't freak out the first time you have one squirt alittle ;)

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
yes those of us that have done something similar have had the same Euka moment also.. just don't freak out the first time you have one squirt alittle ;)
The first time I ever pinned I hit a vein (damn my luck). It took me about 5 minutes before I could attempt it again. Made me kind of queezy.
Taught me a valuable lesson about aspirating though so I guess in a way it was a good thing that it happened.
In a sick and twisted way I actually look forward to days when I am pinning!

adrenalinaddict

Awards
Ive been hitting nerves like crazy lately. I just dont understand it. I hit one in my tri...hit one in my chest. I quit man. Its like a little electricity running through you. Gives ya that little jump of a reaction. lol

The first time I ever pinned I hit a vein (damn my luck). It took me about 5 minutes before I could attempt it again. Made me kind of queezy.
Taught me a valuable lesson about aspirating though so I guess in a way it was a good thing that it happened.
In a sick and twisted way I actually look forward to days when I am pinning!

witchdawg7

witchdawg7

Banned
Awards
Ive been hitting nerves like crazy lately. I just dont understand it. I hit one in my tri...hit one in my chest. I quit man. Its like a little electricity running through you. Gives ya that little jump of a reaction. lol
Stick with the glutes lot less chance of hitting a nerve there as long as you stick to the upper outer half of the glute. I like shooting the quads to. Slightly to the outside from the center of the knee cap in the thickest part of the quad. Haven't hit a nerve in either place (knock on wood).

Also if you haven't checked it out already go to spotinjection dot com. very nice site.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
A little off topic but i pinned both bi's today for the first time before my back biceps workout. And i think i may have put a little too much in there. I've never had such intense pumps in my life. I could hardly drive my car. What's the most you guys put in your bi's i did 1.5 ml's.

chemikill

Banned
Awards
A little off topic but i pinned both bi's today for the first time before my back biceps workout. And i think i may have put a little too much in there. I've never had such intense pumps in my life. I could hardly drive my car. What's the most you guys put in your bi's i did 1.5 ml's.
Iv'e only done one, to one and a quarter-and damn that was the sorest muscle group I've ever pinned. I tried to work out after I pinned 'em but it was just to sore.
-chem.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established

ouch, that's alot for bi's IMO, especially for a first time with it. Watch out you could be in pain tomorrow!! :eek:

Some guys don't mind them, but I'm not a fan of bi or tri shots

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
Last Friday I was doing my bi's and I hit a nerve in the right one and my whole arm contracted, switched pins and tried my left and hit another nerve. I couldn't believe it I was pissed, so I tried it all over again and everything was fine. I never had second thoughts before I pinned but ever since that day I have been a little more nervous. Doing tri's again tonight so will see how it goes.

adrenalinaddict

Awards
Ill only do like .5 cc in the bis. Ive done the inside and outside. They get real sore. I dont like hitting the muscle group on the same day as a shot. Maybe its just me, but I dont feel I can work it as much cause its so damn sore.

As far as glutes. Thats one spot I havent even tried. I just dont like the angle... maybe Im just weird. I really liked the tris till I hit a big nerve...lol. Hurt like hell. So Ive been a little hesitant. Although Ill do the outer head now with problems. I like pecs and quads the best.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
I like quads and glutes the best. But don't really like doing my left quad, the angle is weird, and it's even harder using my left hand to press on the plunger.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
ouch, that's alot for bi's IMO, especially for a first time with it. Watch out you could be in pain tomorrow!! :eek:

Some guys don't mind them, but I'm not a fan of bi or tri shots
Yeah I got a feeling i'm gonna be hurting. It's two hours after my workout, and my arms are still pumped. Can't flex them, and i get a huge pump from drinking out of a gallon jug of water.

My thinking on doing them before my workout was to pin the area I was about to work so it would be less sore tomorrow. I figured the rush of blood to the area would help disperse the oil quicker. I guess i went a little overboard w/the amount i pinned though. I still had a good workout though just a much more intense pump.

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
Check this out right~

Tonight I go to pin 1cc in each tricep, started off with the right one and everything was good, switched pins and went to shoot the left one but the pin would not go in no matter how hard I pushed, finally it broke the skin and started bleeding like a bitch. I pulled it out and switched pins again went to shoot in the same area thinking maybe the pin was dull but this one was also hard to get in and once it was in about half way I hit a fucking nerve and my tricep contracted. I was so damn pissed of by now I was ready to give up but I went at it again this time I held my arm straight out and went in from underneath to give that spot a try and guess what???????? hit a god damn nerve. I could not believe this, and I was swearing like a sailor. Said screw it and went with the quad but I was nervous as hell going in cause I really thought I would hit another nerve.

I was wondering if any of you guys have a lot of problems with hitting nerves when shooting bi's, tri's? Also I only have 1 inch pins and was wondering if there is any way that I could try hitting the glutes? I don't think there are as many nerves in that area.........am I right on this one?

adrenalinaddict

Awards
I have hit a nerve going up throw the bottom of the tri like you said with your arm out. That was fun. Whole damn arm jumped about 6 inches up, lol. Luckily I go in slow. I am not a fan of the whole fast inject thing, hit a nerve going fast and have fun, lol.

Anyways, I havent wanted to hit that spot again now, (Even though I really liked it before) so Ive been hitting the outside head of the tri. Havent had a problem with that yet. Bi's Ive felt like I was touching a nerve and pulled out. Never had that "hit" though. just got a little nervous and pulled out and tried again. The worst was hitting the nerve in the pec. I went a little too high, and hit a nerve, and also mustve grazed a vein or something, cause a lot of blood came out, and I ended up getting a temporary lump there from I guess the blood being carried away and piling. Went away fairly quickly, but I had a nice bruise there. I always stick nice and low on the pecs now.

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i'm definately sore. Wasn't too bad yesterday the day after my biceps shots, but today two days later my right bicep is killing me. Feels like a really deep bruise. There's no swelling or visible brusing but it hurts like a b*tch. Is this normal? I'm guessing so b/c I pinned so much freaking gear into my arm like a DA.