Alert – Lab test confirms Need to Build Muscle’s Monsterdrol tests bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheWriting

TheWriting

Awards
Alert – Lab test confirms Need to Build Muscle’s Monsterdrol tests bad

This company has been very pro-active on the boards as of late and this newest product addition Monsterdrol-XT is the main reason I decided to go ahead and have their product line tested to be sure that this stuff is legit. Personally, I don’t care for clone companies like NTBM, but it is so common now in the industry that I have learned to accept it, but for a company to deliberately sell product that is under dosed, contaminated and missing the active ingredients listed on the label is downright wrong.

By the test results posted Monsterdrol-XT does not contain any of the 3 compounds listed on the label, not even in trace amounts. It does, however, contain:

3 unidentified compounds which specifically have been ruled out as being a match to anything listed on the label:

****0.5mg caffeine [not listed on the label]

****0.5mg (trace amount) of DHEA [not listed on the label]

****0.5mg (trace amount) of 2α,17α-Dimethyletiocholan-3-one, 17β-ol - (superdrol) [not listed on the label]

****AND LEAD in high enough amounts to be of concern, oh and also [not listed on the label]

So with these findings, I have a few questions that I am sure members also want answers to:

Did they know the product tested bad? Is that why NTBM ran a buy one get one free special to liquidate stock?

Why has there has been rumors that they will no longer be carrying it now? Can they even get the correct compound?

I find it really strange that a company would go through so much effort to promote their new product and before it is even on the market a few months pull it with no reason given to the public.

Will NTBM be issuing refunds to all the customers who purchased Monsterdrol?

How is it that these guys in the Monsterdrol logs are gaining and feeling anything from their cycle?

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/162887-monsterdrol-xt-cycle.html

merdock1983

“IM UP 14 SOLID POUNDS TODAY MAN THIS STUFF IS GREAT IVE BEEN ON IT NOW FOR 3 WEEKS I HAVE A LITTLE OVER A WEEK LEFT IM HOPING TO ADD ANOTHER 4LBS”

He is reporting such high gains for a product that we know from the test results has at best 1.5mg superdrol if he is taking 3 caps a day. He also has a September join date and no other relative posting

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/163929-monsterdrol-xt-bulk.html

Whittenator

“Great workout!! Freaking Pumped as hell afterwards!!”

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/163061-becoming-monster-w.html

reecew

“168.5, im rounding down actually!(+12lbs)”

It is funny how he starts off with no effects from the compound which would be expected considering the findings and then all of a sudden reecew steps on the scale after an off day and has gained 5 pounds and loving the compound ever since.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/163396-ignition-inception-monsterdrol.html

pilip99

“Weight: Start = 163.5............ 173.3. (+9.8lbs) hell yes!!”

This log looks really impressive because of the thumbs up, 9 pages and 253 threads, but if you look closely you will see the same 4-5 guys posting pages of dialog back and forth over and over and over again and oh yeah, the main guys are the above mentioned loggers and NTBM reps only.

pilip99

pilip99

Awards
  • Established
then it must be a pretty strong placebo my friend! and im pretty sure none of us are reps; and im pretty sure these compounds are being pulled off the market for federal pressure that may soon ensue if another production run were to take place; but i am interested to see where this goes

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the funny thing is the "un known compounds" well that would make sense being that there is no standard to test 2-cyano pheraplex against to tell what it is. One would have to guess off of the molecular weight what it possibly could be.

id be curious to see how they came up with a standard to compare the compound too.

but that would still leave similar un known compounds as a possibility that have similar molecular weight.

this lab test is worthless without someone who is knowledgeable enough about m.w.'s of compounds to speculate if the m.w. is close to what 2-cyano pheraplex could be.

well, i'll have to take that back, it does show that the supplier of this product has some explaining to do, as there are trace amounts of other stuff that shouldn't be in there.

I'll wait for the results from patrick arnold before I jump to any conclusions. I know henryv is having pa test some samples for him.

TheWriting

TheWriting

Awards
Well I got nothing out of it, had it tested and there you go. But I guess good luck with your lead and superdrol/placebo. In fact I had it tested in my personal lab and had it sent to this one and the same things were found but results speak for themselves.

alpomartinez

Banned
Awards
I have been on this DS for almost 4 weeks now and have gained 10lbs, looks to be lean as well.. I dont think DHEA or less than .25mg of SD can produce those type of gains IMO.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
the funny thing is the "un known compounds" well that would make sense being that there is no standard to test 2-cyano pheraplex against to tell what it is. One would have to guess off of the molecular weight what it possibly could be.

id be curious to see how they came up with a standard to compare the compound too.

but that would still leave similar un known compounds as a possibility that have similar molecular weight.

this lab test is worthless without someone who is knowledgeable enough about m.w.'s of compounds to speculate if the m.w. is close to what 2-cyano pheraplex could be.

well, i'll have to take that back, it does show that the supplier of this product has some explaining to do, as there are trace amounts of other stuff that shouldn't be in there.

This^^^^
very true.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll wait for the results from patrick arnold before I jump to any conclusions. I know henryv is having pa test some samples for him.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
so are you natalie the wife of the owner of IBE? That is who had them sent and this exact lab called me and told me you had sent them in. You bought it on 11/8 and had it shipped directly to the lab to be tested via your UPS account overnight? Is that what your saying? please elaborate cause i have all the details of the order sitting right in front of me.
op seems fishy huh?

twistid

Awards
so are you natalie the wife of the owner of IBE? That is who had them sent and this exact lab called me and told me you had sent them in. You bought it on 11/8 and had it shipped directly to the lab to be tested via your UPS account overnight? Is that what your saying? please elaborate cause i have all the details of the order sitting right in front of me.
What does it matter, does it change the results of the lab test?

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hmm, interesting. I'd ask the lab for my money back. :phone:

sounds like a reliable testing facility, calling up the wrong person with results and all.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
haters gonna hate. soon as you think it's time to all calm down, relax, the wolves jump out from behind you!

futrochem

futrochem

Awards

Not sure what you are saying here... Molecular weight is determined from the structure of the compound. Why would they have to test against something? This company uses analytical lab equipment which any trained chemist could blindly asses a chemical structure. Am I misunderstanding your statement?

I am not taking sides here this sounds strange from both sides of the story.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love how this thread involves the Needtobuildmuscle supplement company when...

Needtobuildmuscle.com does not sell MDXT

You went through all this trouble, got these labs done, acting like a smart guy that you are and you didn't even figure out Needtobuildmuscle does not sell MDXT? Wow. Epic fail right there.

You can post whatever you'd like about MDXT I don't care but nice try trying to call out the Needtobuilsmuscle supplement company when this product is from a completely other company.

You do realize the product you speak of comes from a completely different company... right? Cuz if you can't figure that out... How credible do you look?

Oh God... this is like me going to get Trenavar (IBE product) tested and then going to Primordial Performance saying PP you guys dropped the ball. LMAO wtf...

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
lab tests- worthless- until you have a standard to measure 2 cyano pheraphelx against this means nothing-at all

people are making mad gains on it- and their either lying their ass off or the product works

I think u sir are trying to undermine a company

JMO

because i think you would have known there isnt a standard to test 2 cyanopherphelx before you overnighted it to a lab lol-duh
anyone with half a mind can tell this is bs

Grey Warden

Awards
Needtobuildmuscle.com does not sell MDXT
"Monsterdrol xt - From the great minds of needto, orbit and our very own russianstar"

your store may not sell it but nate chase (ntbm;s owner) helped create it..

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
"Monsterdrol xt - From the great minds of needto, orbit and our very own russianstar"

your store may not sell it but nate chase (ntbm;s owner) helped create it..
still i dont give a rats ass who made it, im not a rep for needto or for anyone dammit, this is plain stupid why?! Because there is NO STANDARD to test 2cyanopherphlex against- therefore you cannt use this as a basis to totally discredit the product- NOT ENOUGH INFO!:damnit:

BigNasty

BigNasty

Awards
Are the product testing procedures (or lack there of) that are practiced by RLS the same practices used by NTBM, Mr. Supps, and Muscle Research?

I could care less about the product itself, but lead is serious (surely no one is questioning the labs ability to identify this).

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
Ok well if RLS did sell some bunk product to me and lots of other members on AM? What would be their motive? A few quick dollars?

As a company that would not be a smart move because no one will ever buy from you again and you'd probably end up getting sued. If it is bunk i feel bad for all the people that bought it especially the guys in the armed forces trying to get the edge over the enemy and taking nothing but a placebo.

But it is a little weird that they introduce it, sell it at BOGO free and then have no plans to ever have it again. If its a solid product why not run it again at the same price they sold out in days.

As far as the logs go i guess it is possible to have insiders make profiles and log false information but that seems like a lot of work for a few dollars. This is the gift and the curse of the supplement industry you can make anything, call it anything and put any ingredients on the label. But the only way you can have a reputable business in today's world is by having quality products.

T H E O R E M

T H E O R E M

Awards
  • Established
Are the product testing procedures (or lack there of) that are practiced by RLS the same practices used by NTBM, Mr. Supps, and Muscle Research?

I could care less about the product itself, but lead is serious (surely no one is questioning the labs ability to identify this).
X2

for real

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
One of the logs is a video log -- there's no way that's being faked. The insinuation that the logs are fake is insulting to the people busting their asses running the logs... I'm sure the loggers will make their voices heard. BTW OP you forgot this log
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/cycle-info/164145-yet-another-mdxt.html#post2652406
Obviously another fake poster going to say good things cuz he's getting paid and there's a conspiracy.

There's a half dozen people i've seen on these forums making terrific gains off of the monsterdrol that are completely at odds with it being trace amounts of caffeine, lead and SD.

.5mg of sd isn't going to make anyone gain 10 pounds

I have 2 bottles and i still can't wait to run them.

sluggy

sluggy

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting up the lab test.
Will stay away from that brand in the future.

Lead is GREAT for bulking I hear..

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
How do we know what the lab even got was actually MDXT?

If was and this test is accurate. It does not prove that it isnt phera and cyano, as stated. It does, however, raise serious concern over the lead content.

xFRACTION

xFRACTION

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for posting up the lab test.
Will stay away from that brand in the future.

Why dont we hold that thought a minute and see what comes from this is the coming days before making any rash decisions

henryv

Awards
  • Established

I haven't even received the bottles yet.
Note that RTP list the MW of 2-cyano-phera (as 313) and none of the compounds detected match.

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established

doesn't take any knowledge to figure out what the molecular weight of a compound is. You add up the atoms

Its a possibility that the active compound did not elute from the column which would mean it is in there but RTP just didnt see it. That would mean that all he picked up was the impurities in the stuff (which apparently is substantial meaning the stuff was not the cleanest in the world)

One would need a standard to answer these questions yes

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
In lieu of a standard, one could probably do an infrared spectroscopy analysis on the extract. since the cyano group is conjugated to a double bond you should get a pretty good peak around 2260 (i think that is the region). If its absent then its doubtful the active is in there. If its present then its pretty sure it is in there

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
your drinking water has detectable amounts of lead in it. did you know that?

so tell me, is the dose in the capsule below the safe threshold or above it? did you considered that question before you (and the other guys) acted like chicken little?

I dont know the answer myself cuz i have not looked it up. But i know better than to jump up and down with fear without checking the facts first

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
WTF I just called this lab and they have no standard of how their supplements come to test...

I can buy a bottle of something, open it, uncap it, add my own mixture in there, and send them 10 caps in the bottle and say this is the stuff test it for me...

Yea I wouldn't trust some random posters confidential lab results lol. If someone credible had done the test I would trust them more not to tamper with the pills...

We are all really going to trust some random person with this... yea...

henryv

Awards
  • Established
"The sample was received in a sealed bottle and in good condition"

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
WTF I just called this lab and they have no standard of how their supplements come to test...

I can buy a bottle of something, open it, uncap it, add my own mixture in there, and send them 10 caps in the bottle and say this is the stuff test it for me...

Yea I wouldn't trust some random posters confidential lab results lol. If someone credible had done the test I would trust them more not to tamper with the pills...

We are all really going to trust some random person with this... yea...

the product did not have the proper chain of custody. the lab must buy it directly from an independent supplier

unless its me testing it. cuz you know i wouldnt lie lol

farrellzach

farrellzach

Awards
your drinking water has detectable amounts of lead in it. did you know that?

so tell me, is the dose in the capsule below the safe threshold or above it? did you considered that question before you (and the other guys) acted like chicken little?

I dont know the answer myself cuz i have not looked it up. But i know better than to jump up and down with fear without checking the facts first
I did look that up--"there is no accepted "safe" threshold--that is, there is no amount of lead that is too small to cause the body harm. "

I will say this, and then I'm not posting here again, that I would like to see more than just one "random" study on this. If you can provide 3-4 different tests from different labs, then maybe it will be more believable.

--Zach

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
"The sample was received in a sealed bottle and in good condition"

but not from an independent and random retailer

details details....

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I did look that up--"there is no accepted "safe" threshold--that is, there is no amount of lead that is too small to cause the body harm. "
well then we are all ****ed because everything has lead in it. They can detect it down to just a few parts per billion now. at that sensitivity of detection you will find lead in everything.

Thats why the EPA has thresholds

My friend was one of the inventors of a hand held lead detector that is about to hit the market and it can detect down to like 4 ppb or something

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
the product did not have the proper chain of custody. the lab must buy it directly from an independent supplier

unless its me testing it. cuz you know i wouldnt lie lol
Exactly lol. This is so stupid.

UNCLE COOL

UNCLE COOL

Awards
First I will say I have tried most of NTBM products. Everything I have tried worked FOR ME. Once again NTBM is the only company that has a money back guarantee. If his products didnt work, dont you think he would be OUT of BUSINESS? It is funny how the original poster calls out people about there newness when yes he has been around, but why so long between posts? The O.P. smells a little stinky to me.
Yes NTBM is part owner of RLS supplements but that has no reflection on NTBM nor do any of the other companies he is apart of. I think the haters are just mad because the supps co they are apart of or worship are not growing nearly as fast as NTBM. Do I smell jealousy. Anyone who knows anything knows that test is not worth the paper it is writing on. I too would like to see the standard its being compared to, show me then I will worry. No I havent tried this product so I - I dont know how good it is.All I read about is people wanting to know when its coming back or if. Everything I have read up to this point has been good so you tell me. Someone shore has a agenda. Just me thinking but could be wrong but doubt it.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well then we are all ****ed because everything has lead in it. They can detect it down to just a few parts per billion now. at that sensitivity of detection you will find lead in everything.
You're right. I love the panic it ensues on the members hahaha.

Above 60ug in your blood and you may exhibit lead poisoning symptoms. Above 80 and you are screwed.

To put this into persepctive there was .13 ug found/cap LMAO.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Someone just run an IR spectroscopy on it and it would be case closed. CN group shows peaks between 2100-2300. Would be very detectable. IR is cheap. Then no one has to argue about anything. No standard needed

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
tell the op too- o wait no bad idea

Patrick Arnold

Patrick Arnold

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
You're right. I love the panic it ensues on the members hahaha.

Above 60ug in your blood and you may exhibit lead poisoning symptoms. Above 80 and you are screwed.

To put this into persepctive there was .13 ug found/cap LMAO.

Yes but lead poisoning is cumulative and lead is not removed from the body well so comparing blood concentratons and the concentration in the capsule does not give you much of an answer.

Lets do it this way. Lets say people drink 4 liters of water a day. 4000g. if you have 0.14 micrograms in that water that means you have (and someone correct my math if i am wrong) 0.035 parts per billion in that water. Far below what you would normall find in tap water even

So what does this mean? It means you get quite a bit more lead just from drinking water in one day then you get from one cap of this stuff.

Someone correct me if my math is wrong but bottom line the amount of lead in this stuff seems absolutely insignificant

reecew

Awards
  • Established
This is plain embaressing. You are trying to discredit the loggers of this product for what reason? You want to bring post count into account who are you with 50post to come on here and discredit anybody? Reread my log now.....5lbs in one day after a rest day? WTF? where did you magically come up with that? Is it because i didnt post a weight update until day 7 and i stayed away from the scale for 4 days prior to that? Seriously pathetic, its one thing to post your janky lab results and open an intellegent and respectable converation. Its another to try and twist people words descredit them.

Is this deterring me in anyway? hell no! im going to finish my final 9days of my cycle and not look back. whatever the hell is in this works and is working for me and everyone else who taken it thus far.

nattydisaster

nattydisaster

PESCIENCE.com
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes but lead poisoning is cumulative and lead is not removed from the body well so comparing blood concentratons and the concentration in the capsule does not give you much of an answer.

Lets do it this way. Lets say people drink 4 liters of water a day. 4000g. if you have 0.14 micrograms in that water that means you have (and someone correct my math if i am wrong) 0.035 parts per billion in that water. Far below what you would normall find in tap water even

So what does this mean? It means you get quite a bit more lead just from drinking water in one day then you get from one cap of this stuff.

Someone correct me if my math is wrong but bottom line the amount of lead in this stuff seems absolutely insignificant
You are correct on your math sir

Status
Not open for further replies.