Poll on permanent damage

nonidentity

Awards
  • Established
This is more for everyone on this forum.
I wanted to poll everyone "since we're all anonymous" on Permanent shutdown and sexual side effects.

Everyone says with good PCT that these things are all avoidable, but with things like desensitization to LH due to HCG and rare problems like this I was just wondering how many people had permanent damage of any kind.

so let everyone know experience v.s. problems you have "smaller, ED, libido etc."

"This was sparked when me and my workout buddy were looking at a magazine and realized there are way to many sexual aids/libido boosters"

jarhead916

jarhead916

Awards
I'm over 30 and ran P-Mag. PCT was lame... I ran Inhibit E and it killed my Libido. No more ATD for me. After PCT, it took a few weeks to fully recover.

PumpDogg

Awards
  • Established
Its a calculated risk running anabolics. Ive had majority of typical sides that go along with various drugs. Acne, gyno, loss if libido, testicular shrinkage, ed... etc.. U must b willing to accept it

Sklander

Sklander

Awards
  • Established
This is a great thread idea. I love it, mang!

I had a good bit of shutdown after running epi at 30/45/45/45 for my first cycle. I was disinterested in life for about 6 days... it was weird. I could operate and function but it was kinda voided... like being hung over but not with any of that nausea. I did not have supporting supps and things like dermacrine, though. I am rounding a 6 weeker with epi out at the moment, and have had almost zero sides... except for getting jacked. :D

Interested to hear replies. :)

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
I always seem to have the most dramatic **** happen to me during PCT probably because my hormones are all FUBAR'd. It really depends on the cycle. A 4 week oral cycle I feel pretty normal within a week of ending it if my PCT is on point and I sleep a lot. I did a 14 week cycle once though with all sorts of **** including tren and mdrol and I used HCG. It was an amazing cycle and I put on 18 lbs and lost a **** load of body fat but the recovery was HORRIBLE. I had some bunk nolva I think and I seriously didn't feel right after that cycle for at least 6 months.

I also have done 3 totally retarded cycles of M1T wayyyyyy back in the day where I didn't even know what PCT was and didn't run one and I was drinking :( wish I had known better....

I don't remember exactly how many cycles I've done. Probably 7 or so and I have no problem with libido or anything when I'm off so I don't think there has been any permanent damage and that includes that F'd up tren cycle and those dumb M1T cycles too. If after all that dumb shiat even I can bang out a hot girl a few times in a row if I'm into it, then I think as long as you run some half way intelligent PCTs and dont' stay on for too long then you'll be fine.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
As a slight spin to this question but still on topic I am wondering if anyone has any evidence of AAS use contributing to changes in sperm quality, morphology, etc or DNA quality of sperm? i.e. does doing AAS pose any risk to a future fetus if the father has taken AAS in the past?

Mr.50

pillsRgood

pillsRgood

Awards
  • Established
As a slight spin to this question but still on topic I am wondering if anyone has any evidence of AAS use contributing to changes in sperm quality, morphology, etc or DNA quality of sperm? i.e. does doing AAS pose any risk to a future fetus if the father has taken AAS in the past?

Mr.50
I second that question!

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established

Mr.50
I've seen evidence to strongly suggest no, but I'll be damned if I knew where to find it again, as I didn't save it.

neverstop

Awards
  • Established
tough question.... I doubt you will find evidence either way as there aren't steroid studies done in college and labs. there are a lot of juicers out there with happy and healthy families though!

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I've seen evidence to strongly suggest no, but I'll be damned if I knew where to find it again, as I didn't save it.
I was just having this conversation with a good bro last night and I did some pub med research after. So far it seemed there was some evidence in both directions. Partly because there was an increase in the percentage of sperm that had abnormal morphology but they could not determine if that was because there was an increase in the amount of abnormal sperm produced or if it was because total sperp production was decreased (for both as to how they relate to baseline).

Mr.50

Lightweight1

Lightweight1

Awards
  • Established
I believe almost anything is safe in moderation. I mean you can die from drinking to much water. So if you dont try to do super long cycles, take proper support supps, and proper pct I believe you'll stay just as healthy as ou would if you never touched a Aas or ph. Plus websites like this help noobs from making critical mistakes.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've noticed that time heals(almost)all wounds,meaning regardless how good or bad my PCT was, or how harsh or mild my cycle was,if i take a 4 month break off everything my LIBIDO comes back with a Fury.

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I was just having this conversation with a good bro last night and I did some pub med research after. So far it seemed there was some evidence in both directions. Partly because there was an increase in the percentage of sperm that had abnormal morphology but they could not determine if that was because there was an increase in the amount of abnormal sperm produced or if it was because total sperp production was decreased (for both as to how they relate to baseline).

Mr.50
PubMed is FDA.. Means it cant be trusted..
No DNA change should occur with AAS usage...
No DNA transcription should occur.
Quality of sperm should be the same as before you ran a cycle..

Permanent damage?
Uhhh, I think my left testicle is dead..
But not sure if it from a cycle or I was born like that or because my left testicle always got hit a lot..

Presa

Presa

Awards
  • Established
After getting into spectacular shape, and using SD and Tren, I noticed my libido and sex life were non-existent. Then I realized o had been married for 18 years.

After getting divorced, the libido is back and I have sex like never before. That **cking SD :)))))

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established
After getting into spectacular shape, and using SD and Tren, I noticed my libido and sex life were non-existent. Then I realized o had been married for 18 years.

After getting divorced, the libido is back and I have sex like never before. That **cking SD :)))))
lol

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

JCunningham,

I believe you bro but is there anyway you can elaborate on your statements? I realize it can be complex but just if you could explain your thought process for your assertions... it would be helpful.

Mr.50

JCunningham

Banned
Awards
  • Established

JCunningham,

I believe you bro but is there anyway you can elaborate on your statements? I realize it can be complex but just if you could explain your thought process for your assertions... it would be helpful.

Mr.50

If steroids caused DNA abnormalities, our (male and female) DNA should be ever changing, after all, our (male and female) bodies produce steroids/hormones on a daily basis and at different amounts based on diet, sleep, stress, mood, exertion.. Increasing the amount of hormone in our bodies should not alter DNA in any way..

As for sperm quality, that too can change based on day to day activity.
Stress can cause poor sperm quality and a lower sperm count. Yes, while you are on AAS, your sperm count may lower, and a lot if not most sperm will die, but once you have recovered fully or near fully sperm count will come to where it once was, at the quality it once was.. Believe it or not, it is really hard to make yourself fertile with AAS.. Some people even get their women pregnant while on AAS.

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established

JCunningham,

Mr.50
Mr. 50, I see that this poster has been banned for some reason, but he is wrong. AAS do indeed induce gene transcription. Whether or not that reduces sperm quality I don't know, but again I've seen strong evidence somewhere that it doesn't (not particularly helpful right now, but that's all I got). :sad3:

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
If steroids caused DNA abnormalities, our (male and female) DNA should be ever changing, after all, our (male and female) bodies produce steroids/hormones on a daily basis and at different amounts based on diet, sleep, stress, mood, exertion.. Increasing the amount of hormone in our bodies should not alter DNA in any way..

As for sperm quality, that too can change based on day to day activity.
Stress can cause poor sperm quality and a lower sperm count. Yes, while you are on AAS, your sperm count may lower, and a lot if not most sperm will die, but once you have recovered fully or near fully sperm count will come to where it once was, at the quality it once was.. Believe it or not, it is really hard to make yourself fertile with AAS.. Some people even get their women pregnant while on AAS.
Egad. Disregard this guy's posts. He's talking out his arse.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stay FARRRR away from Finasteride!

imjuschillin

Awards
Interesting post idea - I agree.

Myself, I only did one cycle. While I did have some sides, even with best efforts not to, I seem to be recovering just fine.

One thing I will say maybe partly related to this topic is an observation I've had recently.

That is that the more I learn about these compounds and the more I just learn about the rest of life I'm starting to think the world is backwards.

I mean, the ads on TV for meds that are legally and regularly prescribed have massive risks, and they admit that and there's no discussion of anything to try to fend off the sides. The meds on TV these days for depression, gas, cholesterol, skin, you name it, the sides they list are huge!!! Everytime, and all they say is see ur Dr if you get them.

To me, a lot, if not most of the AAS's seem far less dangerous overall, especially if they were properly researched and manufactured.

Don't even get me started that booze and tabacco is legal but like Anavar or Bold is not.

Am I alone in this thinking??? Some of the "legit" meds scare me more than these evil roid type products...

Dragon13

Dragon13

Awards
  • Established
Interesting post idea - I agree.

Myself, I only did one cycle. While I did have some sides, even with best efforts not to, I seem to be recovering just fine.

One thing I will say maybe partly related to this topic is an observation I've had recently.

That is that the more I learn about these compounds and the more I just learn about the rest of life I'm starting to think the world is backwards.

I mean, the ads on TV for meds that are legally and regularly prescribed have massive risks, and they admit that and there's no discussion of anything to try to fend off the sides. The meds on TV these days for depression, gas, cholesterol, skin, you name it, the sides they list are huge!!! Everytime, and all they say is see ur Dr if you get them.

To me, a lot, if not most of the AAS's seem far less dangerous overall, especially if they were properly researched and manufactured.

Don't even get me started that booze and tabacco is legal but like Anavar or Bold is not.

Am I alone in this thinking??? Some of the "legit" meds scare me more than these evil roid type products...
This is half-true IMO. It all depends on what drugs - and what AAS - you're talking about. The meds that have lengthy lists of sides are prescribed to treat diseases, with the implication being that the relief from said disease outweighs the risk of sides. This is true of steroids too; they are after all prescribed for a variety of ailments.

Steroids can f*ck you up just as bad as many other drugs, in certain circumstances.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
This is half-true IMO. It all depends on what drugs - and what AAS - you're talking about. The meds that have lengthy lists of sides are prescribed to treat diseases, with the implication being that the relief from said disease outweighs the risk of sides. This is true of steroids too; they are after all prescribed for a variety of ailments.

Steroids can f*ck you up just as bad as many other drugs, in certain circumstances.
exactly true.

i typically mention this when people say stuff like '' well AIDS patients with muscle wasting take 2 or 3x typical bodybuilding dosages so obviously sides are overstated ''

obviously liver toxicity and long term cardiovascular damage aren't top priority for these people...

princeshock

princeshock

Awards

The one steroid that absolutely needs to be legalized is testosterone. You can have super-physiological amounts of test for practically your whole life time and still be pretty healthy. It's the stuff that is legal right now that is not exactly the greatest thing for us..(orals).

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards
if dna damage to sperm cells occours, it is probably temporary. men are constantly making new. drug companies have been trying to develop an effective male contraceptive using hormones for years. i think they are testing MENT right now? i doubt they would be pursuing this type of research if it caused any permanent cellular change in the testicles.

the only real long term effects i've experienced is not wanting to stop using them. it just doesn't feel the same working out natural anymore.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is more for everyone on this forum.
I wanted to poll everyone "since we're all anonymous" on Permanent shutdown and sexual side effects.

Everyone says with good PCT that these things are all avoidable, but with things like desensitization to LH due to HCG and rare problems like this I was just wondering how many people had permanent damage of any kind.

so let everyone know experience v.s. problems you have "smaller, ED, libido etc."

"This was sparked when me and my workout buddy were looking at a magazine and realized there are way to many sexual aids/libido boosters"
speak for yourself. im not anonymous, lol.

but permanent shutdown and sexual sides? nope, worry about it? yep (permanent shutdown, not sexual sides) which is one of the reasons i went with cel, because of their moving away from hormonal compounds, as it is where i will move to eventually unti im older.

handcannon7

handcannon7

Awards
The one steroid that absolutely needs to be legalized is testosterone. You can have super-physiological amounts of test for practically your whole life time and still be pretty healthy. It's the stuff that is legal right now that is not exactly the greatest thing for us..(orals).
Seriously this, the only thing is that public has been trained to think that everything anabolic= huge risks to your health, and that does hold true to some compounds especially when abused, but as far as testosterone goes, it is by far one of the safest you can take, but then again the FDA is ran by a bunch of idiots.

Plus we wouldnt want everyone running around on test would we :p?

rebelhead

rebelhead

Banned
Awards
Seriously this, the only thing is that public has been trained to think that everything anabolic= huge risks to your health, and that does hold true to some compounds especially when abused, but as far as testosterone goes, it is by far one of the safest you can take, but then again the FDA is ran by a bunch of idiots.

Plus we wouldnt want everyone running around on test would we :p?
that why drug companies are developing sarms. steroid is a bad word but the general public doesn't know what the hell a sarm is. when they get em to the market they will give em some crazy name and and run commercials during the evening news with old guys riding around in convertibles or riding a Harley and people will go to their doctor and ask for them.