western union

demon

Awards
Any bros have any experience in using them to purchase their goods? My guy will only use them now..Do I need to go to Wu to send the money..will they want my info to do this?

trd277

Board Supporter
Awards
The WU near me has become increasingly picky with regards to ID's when sending funds. I dont know if it is all over, but I have quit using them because of the hastle and risk.

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
Fact is that if you're going to order you should use your real ID. There is nothing illegal about transfering money. The reciever and the shipper are usualy always different people in different countries. WU will ask for ID for all transfers to China. It's no big deal.

acecombact1

Awards
im going to send money to china soon and im afraid. you can send money on WU online so is that bad?....i dont want too go and give them my ID so i gusse i will send money online.

trd277

Board Supporter
Awards
Fact is that if you're going to order you should use your real ID. There is nothing illegal about transfering money. The reciever and the shipper are usualy always different people in different countries. WU will ask for ID for all transfers to China. It's no big deal.
You are correct, there is nothing illegal about sending money. I am extra cautious due to my career, which would not last should I get caught buying. Less paper trail, less problems (in theory).

My point being, if you can find an alternative and you are concerned about your anonymity, you may want to explore your options.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
I'm just starting to learn the whole online purchasing technique. So far, online western union has been my best friend. Quick, easy, and as long as you keep in good contact with your source, it should be relatively painless and safe. ;)

Skye

Skye

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to agree here. Its not like china is going to go out of its way to help law enforcement here in the states. I don't know that I would feel this comfortable using it for a domestic though, that is a clear and easily gained paper trail.

ruffneck

ruffneck

Awards
With WU you have to show an ID if you are sending more than $500. Anything under that you don't or shouldn't have to. To pick money up you have to show ID, or the sender can waive that option by putting a secure question with the transaction. As long as your source knows the answer to the question he can pick it up with out showing any ID. This is how most domestic sources work. As far as having to show ID to send money, who cares? If the clerk ask what its for, tell its none of her business or make up a story.

TheUsual

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why is WU used so much more than paypal when transfering $$ online for gear.... sorry i know nothing about this type of thing, but I would think either one is just as (in)secure as the other.

demon

Awards
im going to make a 400 dollar transfer soon...I hope they dont ask for ID..its not to china but domestic...to send money online i thought you had to use a cc or check?

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
if you're that worried, get a fake ID. or get a good friend to send.. whatever. some guys accept cash in the mail. you have some options;)

candle25

candle25

Awards
  • Established
if you're that worried, get a fake ID. or get a good friend to send.. whatever. some guys accept cash in the mail. you have some options;)
If you know where to get a GOOD fake ID please do tell. I've researched it well and found that most are rip offs.

acecombact1

Awards
i dont have fake ID, and i want to send money to china. so is it ok to send the money via westren union online since that they will take my personal info anyway if i went to agent or i made it online? i will i want to send is 150$

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Western Union has implimented 2 new rules about sending cash to china.
1. You MUST provide a valid ID to send any cash there.
2. You can only send $2K per month to china. Any more and they will initially accept your cash, then call you 10 days later to give you a refund. This is especially frightening because the WU stores are also asked to alert law enforcement if this happens. (Homeland Security Act)

Evocash may be a good alternative, but I'm not really familiar with how it works.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
i dont know what the rules are for posting fake id "sources" .. don't buy any that you find off google, those are all rips.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
don't post them.. that is the rule on all illegal sources..

loco3693

Awards
Any bros have any experience in using them to purchase their goods? My guy will only use them now..Do I need to go to Wu to send the money..will they want my info to do this?
You might want to check and see if they'll accept MONEYGRAM. I sometimes use them and they seem to be quite a bit less uptight.

SCORPIO

Awards
  • Established
I did the WU paper form to Thiland for under $200.....no ID required, no problems.....service charge was $22 though.

demon

Awards
i just sent $320 to isreal..they not only asked for ID but made a copy of it and attached to their paperwork!!!

willieman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Just did a WU around $100...no ID, and the reciever know what they want and will tell you.

fdnk

Board Supporter
Awards
I'm not quite sure why everybody is so scared of showing an ID or using WU online. I understand that this info proves that you send money to China or whereever, however it proves nothing else. For all 'they' know it could be donation to a charity, and no one can say otherwise.

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
I'm not quite sure why everybody is so scared of showing an ID or using WU online. I understand that this info proves that you send money to China or whereever, however it proves nothing else. For all 'they' know it could be donation to a charity, and no one can say otherwise.
Paper trail...

morfiend

Awards
  • Established
i thought novelty ID's were not illegal in and of themselves, only in their use...

fiddler
Pretty sure they're illegal. Theres one big bust in particular that I know about, a guy in Amerst, MA is in the can b/c of making them (and being careless about who he sold them to).

JerseyDevil

Awards
Because if you DO get popped, have a clean house and no 'paper trails' you may get off. But if the prosecutor can prove you sent money to China, then a month later you receive a package full of roids from China... you're cooked.

I only go domestic, cash only sources. Sure, when sending cash you run the risk of it being stolen by postal employees, but I would much rather risk that then possible prison time. Personally, I think you guys that go international direct are nuts.

Jeff

Awards
  • Established
Because if you DO get popped, have a clean house and no 'paper trails' you may get off. But if the prosecutor can prove you sent money to China, then a month later you receive a package full of roids from China... you're cooked.

I only go domestic, cash only sources. Sure, when sending cash you run the risk of it being stolen by postal employees, but I would much rather risk that then possible prison time. Personally, I think you guys that go international direct are nuts.
For the paper trail on an international order wouldn't there have to be cooperation between US AND China authorities. Wouldn't international be safer as opposed to buying domestic where both sender and reciever are in US jurisdiction?

fdnk

Board Supporter
Awards
Well, it's kind of like this:

if you get popped w/ the 'stuff' on you or in your house, you are screwed regardless of WU paper/electronic trail (assuming cops/feds/dea really trully want to bust you, often if you have only enough for yourself feds/dea won't give a crap)

by itself the WU trail means nothing & even if you are caught, it can't be used against you, cause it does not directly link you to the supplier (assume the supplier is outside US & smart enough to put fake return name/addr)

I've been busted in college for selling little dope here & there, making some fake IDs, and trading questinable firearms. (Note: this is past, I do NOT do anything like this now) Cops/Feds/ATF got involved scared a living crap out of me, but did not arrest me & didn't press any charges, my record is clean. All they cared about is that I do NOT want to hurt anybody, that is it.

P.S. Never thought I'd say this, but Feds are the best, down to earth, understand that no one is perfect. They just want to protect people around. Easy to deal with.

demon

Awards
For the paper trail on an international order wouldn't there have to be cooperation between US AND China authorities. Wouldn't international be safer as opposed to buying domestic where both sender and reciever are in US jurisdiction?
I agree..mine is domestic but the money is sent to his international HQ..either way I'm gonna stick to cash in the mail since they still accept that..like others have said its less of a paper trail and i feel better..

JerseyDevil

Awards
If the remailer is in the US, then that's cool. When you order international direct, the package can be inspected at any time by customs, and then again by postal authorities. Depending on what country it's coming from, customs does spot inspections even if the pack doesn't look suspicious. Obviously they can't inspect all packages coming from China, but they open quite a few. I'm not positive about this, but if you get caught, you have also violated other federal laws for smuggling illegal substances into the country.

If the package is mailed first class inside the US, like Priority or Express, it isn't scrutinized by customs. Also, it will NOT be inspected by postal inspectors unless the package is deemed suspicious i.e illegible writing, leaking, strong odor etc. If you have a good domestic source, they always use pre-printed labels, and place oils inside a sealed baggie wrapped with bubble wrap in case it does break.

The only good thing about intl I can think of is that many times, if intercepted, they'll just seize the goods and put a seizure letter in the box. With domestic, the chances are better that they'll give you a visit and try to find out who the source is...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
jackedviking Anabolics 15
Anabolics 0
General Chat 0
Anabolics 14
candle25 General Chat 14