Alright, in need of some solid advice....

austin82388

Awards
here's the deal, im 5 foot 8 ish, 195 lbs. Probably around 11-12% body fat.

My arms are the first thing people notice about me, they're huge. I don't need any help training them whatsoever. However, I feel as though I am lagging in the chest and back department.
I only go through about 3/4 range of motion on bench pressing, cause im pretty short and cant touch the bar to my chest without my shoulder feeling like it will explode..
I've done ph's in the past, and just today got my bottle of Epistrong and Dieselbolan v2.
What i'm shooting for is to put on LEAN muscle, with ZERO to as little fat as possible, maybe even burn fat?..

What I'm asking is, as far as chest/back go, what killer routines are out there to put on some serious mass for chest and to define/rip the back muscles? I'm tired of the same old Bench/incline DB's/Decline Bench/ Fly's/ etc routine..

Also, more weight/less reps for serious mass? Or moderate weight/ 10-12 reps?

Lastly, how many calories would you suggest per day while on cycle? I usually shoot for 3,000 total. And probably 200-300g protein.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT- Supporting supps-

Milk thistle
L Arginine
Dymatize Elite Recovery BCAA's
HCGenerate

GNC's Wheybolic Extreme 60 is my protein powder, I used to work there and love it. It's honestly a really good powder, cant speak for their other products, lol.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1st of all you need to work on bringing the bar all the way to your chest. That's a good reason why it's lagging.

For chest i've found the best mass builders are incline barbell & flat & incline db flys.

Rep ranges for mass, i would do 6-8 on both of those

3000-3500 cals. I follow the 40/40/20 ratio for bulking and i've put on really no fat on my current cycle.

oh yeah and for back i think heavy barbell rows trumps em all and weighted pullups and deads are great as well.

notanymore

Awards
  • Established
Same stats with a little more fat and had the same trouble with getting the bar to the chest. Widened my grip a little bit and that helped a lot (along with focusing more on tucking the elbows). Rotator cuff isolation work helped the pain in the shoulder area quite a bit as well. I still only get it about an inch to 2 inches from the chest unless on decline where I bring it all the way.

FlexW99

FlexW99

Awards
  • Established
Try pre-exhausting shoulders 1st and then benching. Obviously, you won't be doing the same weight but you iso the chest effectively when your shoulders cant aid as much.

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
I had the same problem in the past.
My arms and shoulders out shined my chest (back has always been an easy train for me). I tried everything. Incline, flat, decline, close grip, wide grip, flys, machines, cables. You name it. Any chest movement, I've done it all thousands of times.

My chest started to pop out when I started doing 15+ reps.
None of that 6 rep or max out stuff. Solid 15 reps. 12 at the LEAST.
That's when it started to grow out, rather than wide.

You do need your full ROM though. Stretch really well before so you can go all the way down. That really is key as well.

austin82388

Awards
I had the same problem in the past.
My arms and shoulders out shined my chest (back has always been an easy train for me). I tried everything. Incline, flat, decline, close grip, wide grip, flys, machines, cables. You name it. Any chest movement, I've done it all thousands of times.

My chest started to pop out when I started doing 15+ reps.
None of that 6 rep or max out stuff. Solid 15 reps. 12 at the LEAST.
That's when it started to grow out, rather than wide.

You do need your full ROM though. Stretch really well before so you can go all the way down. That really is key as well.
hmm.. i always thought in order to get a bigger chest you had to do MORE weight, to grow the muscle, because it wouldnt do you any good to sculpt muscle that you dont have enough of

CCV3

CCV3

Awards
  • Established
hmm.. i always thought in order to get a bigger chest you had to do MORE weight, to grow the muscle, because it wouldnt do you any good to sculpt muscle that you dont have enough of
More weight just made me stronger. Doing 6-8 reps, maxing out, etc.
It just made it so I could do exactly that, lift more weight.
I dropped it a little and started doing 12-15+.
That is when my chest started to actually form a cleaner outline and I saw growth.

That is what my friend told me to do, plus other bigger guys told me to do the same thing. It worked for me.

I still lack a little, but at least my chest is slowly catching up to the rest of me.

UnrealMachine

UnrealMachine

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
bench is overrated anyway, do all kinds of dumbell flys. Heavy sets, light sets, dropsets, incline, flat, everything. Those rip up my chest way more than any other chest exercise.