Is Saw Palmetto screwing up my gains??

BIG R

Awards
Been on and off the AAS and PH's for 20 years, never really noticed any prostate problems in the old days, but superdrol really kicked it up. Had to get off the stuff after about eight weeks (yeah yeah four weeks I know I know but Im old school I still go for ten).

Anyways, this time Im trying saw palmetto with my SD. So far, its worked amazing as far as keeping down the sides. However, BIG however, I also noticed I dont seem to be gaining half as much strength as I did the first time.

Supposedly saw palmetto helps regulate the hormones that cause prostate enlargement. You guys think it might be regulating me into wasting my time? Regulating my test?

(I realize there might be many other factors involved in why Im not gaining the strength i did the first time. But I would love to know if I can dismiss this as a possibility, because if i cant, im just going to cut it out and suffer.)

I appreciate any knowledge you guys can confer, or experiences you have had. Very much.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man, i don't care how old school you are, but running superdrol for 10 weeks is just plain retarded and using "i'm old school" as an excuse is just about as retarded. You need to do some research on what you're doing to your body my friend.

As far as saw palmetto, i've heard mixed reviews about the stuff. I don't personally use it as a support supp, i know more people use it for hair thinning & balding issues if anything.

BIG R

Awards
Does Jay Cutler do four week cycles?

Just wondering.

I dont need any nagging, I need to know about saw palmetto.

Thanks.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Take a look at the last md issue, had a breakdown of "the olympia stack"

lots of test and other aas for 16+ weeks

thats the difference, they don't run liver toxic orals for 10 weeks. you're just asking for trouble. you can run injectables for long periods of time. however you NEVER wanna run highly liver toxic orals for more than 6 weeks. I can tell you must have no idea what your doing.

BarbellBeast

BarbellBeast

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does Jay Cutler do four week cycles?

Just wondering.

I dont need any nagging, I need to know about saw palmetto.

Thanks.
ever heard of google or the search button?

BIG R

Awards
I dont take PH's to be healthy, I take them to get strong.

If I was worried about my health I wouldnt be taking them at all.

If Im still making gains after four weeks on something, Im not going to stop. Im well aware of the risks, I choose to take them. It isnt because Im "retarded" or "dont know what Im doing."

But I appreciate your concern, if thats what it is.

Can anybody help me out with the saw palmetto question?

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
No it shouldn't.

You have Superdrol running in your system... you think little ol saw palmetto will stand a chance? :)

It could... but not significantly and nothing noticeable against Superdrol.

Also 10 weeks is too much lol. Had to say it.

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
Google MonsterPlexx - running this 8 weeks is the true decider if you really are "old school"

CowboyOceano

Awards
Saw Palmetto has helped me with "cramps" (like pain after coughing) in the prostate for years. I take it whenever I'm juicing. I've always had good gains and won't go w/o some handy. However... I find only the liquid type (gel caps) to be effective for me. The tablets or regular capsules don't seem to be effective.

BIG R

Awards
In our gym we've always done anadrol or dianabol for ten week cycles with test, when its around. Otherwise stuck with just test or sustenon.

I know guys who have stayed on test, cyp, and whatever they could get their hands on for over a year straight and never came off. So ten weeks never seemed like a big deal.

Didnt know much about PH's until about a year ago.

Maybe I'm being too pig headed. If you guys insist ten weeks is too much, it must be too much. It isnt 1990 anymore.

But I still have to go longer than four.

Thanks for your input guys.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Atta boy... stick around and learn my friend...

Outstanding

Awards
  • Established
In our gym we've always done anadrol or dianabol for ten week cycles with test, when its around. Otherwise stuck with just test or sustenon.

I know guys who have stayed on test, cyp, and whatever they could get their hands on for over a year straight and never came off. So ten weeks never seemed like a big deal.

Didnt know much about PH's until about a year ago.

Maybe I'm being too pig headed. If you guys insist ten weeks is too much, it must be too much. It isnt 1990 anymore.

But I still have to go longer than four.

Thanks for your input guys.
I would use Superdrol as your principal additive where orals are concerned, and use the newer OTC available adjuncts to round out your cycle and hit that 10 week threshold with ease and keeping your strength and gains in high gear; e.g. M1T (2 weeks) BeastDrol (4 weeks) Epistrong (4 weeks) ran concomitantly with Need 2 Guard and Test-E/Prop injections @ 800mg/week.

Note: Of course M1T isn't OTC since back in the wonder years - but it was an example of front loading to amplify the androgenic/anabolic reaction and expedite the exogenous activity of Testosterone - creating in essence a vacuum that forces your body into growth mode by the time the injections take effect. Ending with EpiStrong will also begin to address your estrogen, blood pressure, and body fat levels while increasing muscle fullness as you ramp down your usage.