- 10-05-2010, 02:07 PM
Nandrolone or 19-Nortestosterone is known for its potent anabolic action with little androgenic side effects. It’s an extremely popular steroid for its strength and mass gaining benefits including the joint relief it provides some users.
The listed benefits make Nandrolone a great steroid to add to any cycle, particularly for those trying to put on mass or who are afraid of hair shedding. The point of this article is how we can possibly achieve this same effect to some degree with a sublingual version known as 19-Norandrostenediol.
Before we go into 19-Norandrostenediol any further, lets first gain an understanding of pharmacologically significant doses of nandrolone. In other words how much needs to be administered to produce a physiological effect. A pharmacologically active dose of nandrolone suppresses natural testosterone (the physiological effect). In previous studies natural testosterone levels did not recover until nandrolone blood levels fell to ranges below 1.2ng/ml, and as far as .3ng/ml. A 2005 study measured the serum blood levels of nandrolone after acute (single) intramuscular injections of nandrolone decanoate (1; 2; 3). The following chart summarizes the serum blood levels:
The above chart also illustrates the fact that even one 50mg dose of nandrolone decanoate can suppress natural testosterone.
Back to 19-Norandrostenediol. 19-Norandrostenediol and 19-Norandrostenedione were popular prohormones before being banned in 2004 (U.S. Anabolic Steroid Control Act). The problem with these prohormones was always oral bioavailability. For example 100mg’s of oral 19-Norandrostenediol resulted in several elevated hormones however it did not increase serum blood levels of pharmacologically active nandrolone (our target in this case) (4). Keep in mind this study also used an acute dose of 19-Norandrostenediol before measuring serum blood levels.
The same study also measured hormone levels for a different method of administration. A sublingual complex using 19-Norandrostenediol and hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin was used to form a tablet or lozenge that is placed under the tongue. The purpose of sublingual administration is to avoid the hepatic first pass where 19-Norandrostenediol is metabolized by the liver. Thus the compound converts in the sublingual glands to nandrolone via the 3beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase Type 1 (3B-HSD1). It can convert to other hormones as well but we will get into more detail on this issue later. The interesting finding of the study group that was administered the sublingual 19-Norandrostenediol is summarized in the following table:
The result shows 25mg’s of sublingual 19-Norandrostenediol not only significantly outperformed the oral encapsulation but it also resulted in pharmacologically active nandrolone blood levels equal to or greater than 100mg’s of intramuscular nandrolone decanoate. On top of that it elevated blood levels in as little as 30 minutes while it took 100mg’s of intramuscular nandrolone decanoate up to 30 hours.
The above illustrates how important the delivery of your prohormones can be. As we run out of anabolic/androgenic options look for future improvements in supplement delivery technology.
-Royd The Noyd
1. Pharmacokinetics of 19-nortestosterone esters in normal men. Belkien L, Schürmeyer T, Hano R, Gunnarsson PO, Nieschlag E. s.l. : Journal of Steroid Biochemistry. 4010287.
2. Clinical trial of 19-nortestosterone-hexoxyphenylpropionate (Anadur) for male fertility regulation. Knuth UA, Behre H, Belkien L, Bents H, Nieschlag E. s.l. : Fertility and Sterility. 3935486 .
3. Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics of Nandrolone Esters in Oil Vehicle: Effects of Ester, Injection Site and Injection Volume. Charles F. Minto1, Christopher Howe2, Susan Wishart2, Ann J. Conway2 and David J. Handelsman2. No. 1 93-102, s.l. : The Journal of Pharmacology, Vol. 281.
4. Quantitative determination of metabolic products of 19-norandrostenediol in human plasma using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry. Schrader Y, Thevis M, Schänzer W. s.l. : Drug Metabolism and Disposition. 16714373 .
- 10-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Is this a flashback from 2004?
Flawless Skin Couture - We give you the tools to make you Flawless
- 10-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By jxpx1 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-29-2009, 04:50 AM
- By Zero Tolerance in forum AnabolicsReplies: 13Last Post: 09-06-2008, 03:00 PM
- By DuncanWA in forum Male Anti-Aging MedicineReplies: 6Last Post: 10-19-2007, 07:34 PM
- By Jason_L in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 05-10-2006, 09:34 PM
- By sepheus61 in forum AnabolicsReplies: 7Last Post: 07-12-2003, 05:11 PM