Test cyp. question

ollie78

Awards
I have some test cypionate that I procured about 4 months ago. I had a few cycles on hand and have ran a cycle of this cyp.---which was good---and have had another cycle, unused, sealed and stored.

When I first got this test, it was a very pale yellow in color. However, now it is a darker yellow/orange. I had it stored in the garage in a cooler with packets of silicate to keep out mosture. However, I checked up on it today and noticed a slight moisture fogging on the outside of the vials, so I pulled it out and have restored it elsewhere.

What does this color change mean? This test isn't garbage now, is it?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Warm it up and see if the color returns to normal. Can you see crystalization in the oil?

ollie78

Awards
No crystalization in the oil. No excessive bubbling when shaken. Also, I set one vial upside down for about a day and there was no leakage.

Initially, when I discovered the color change, I did run it under hot water from the faucet(which is fairly hot in my home) to see if there would be a small/quick change in consitancy or color. There was no reaction. Is test something that is okay to boil?

There is only one vial of my test/cyp. that did not change in color, and it was one that I drew from only once or twice before ending my cycle with this particular gear. So, this vial probably was exposed to a small amount of oxygen---if that means anything.

All of this gear came from the same batch/source.

johnnyjuice

johnnyjuice

Awards
  • Established
you can boil/bake it,but you need to stick a needle in the top to vent it.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
No crystalization in the oil. No excessive bubbling when shaken. Also, I set one vial upside down for about a day and there was no leakage.

Initially, when I discovered the color change, I did run it under hot water from the faucet(which is fairly hot in my home) to see if there would be a small/quick change in consitancy or color. There was no reaction. Is test something that is okay to boil?

There is only one vial of my test/cyp. that did not change in color, and it was one that I drew from only once or twice before ending my cycle with this particular gear. So, this vial probably was exposed to a small amount of oxygen---if that means anything.

All of this gear came from the same batch/source.
It sounds like it got contaminated. I have no explanation but if you have two vials and they sat side-by-side and one changed color and the other didn't I wouldn't mess with it. Test-C is cheap enough. Why risk it? Get a fresh supply and be safe.

ollie78

Awards
It sounds like it got contaminated. I have no explanation but if you have two vials and they sat side-by-side and one changed color and the other didn't I wouldn't mess with it. Test-C is cheap enough. Why risk it? Get a fresh supply and be safe.
I am really hoping that this isn't the case, and that there is and that it is still safe.

I do agree that I should't mess with it and I should just throw it out. But, my source disappeared, so this supply is it.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
I am really hoping that this isn't the case, and that there is and that it is still safe.

I do agree that I should't mess with it and I should just throw it out. But, my source disappeared, so this supply is it.
do realize ur taking ur life into ur hands when messing with unsterile injections/gear. Good judgement would dictate u find another source i garunttee u there are plenty of them out there.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
It probably just oxidized a bit. It's fine.
To be safe, just tyndalize the vial (3 separate 30 minute boils). Test C has a high melting point, so you don't need to worry about killing it unless you go way over 250 F.

ollie78

Awards
It probably just oxidized a bit. It's fine.
To be safe, just tyndalize the vial (3 separate 30 minute boils). Test C has a high melting point, so you don't need to worry about killing it unless you go way over 250 F.
Thanks for your response. I figure that something along the lines of this is more likely the case. I do want to boil it to see how it reacts. what size of needle would I use to vent while boiling? And would the needle be placed in the vial for the entire duration of the boiling? I assume that the vial should not come into contact with the surface of the pan/pot, correct? Basically, I nothing about how to properly boil vials of test.

I tried to find an online resource for boiling gear, but I couldn't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
basskillers site...

Baking is used to sterilize gear. Ur test is already above its melting point when in solution otherwise u would see crystals.

remmeber if ur gonna bake ur gear make sure to use multiple thermometers to take the average of ur actual oven temperature. Those pre-programed temps usually are incorrect.

To vent use a 25ga.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am less of a believer in venting. Mainly because what's going to be venting off is the benzyl alcohol, making the solution more likely to crash later. Id just set the oven to 180, and let them bake a half hour if you are concerned about sterility.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your response. I figure that something along the lines of this is more likely the case. I do want to boil it to see how it reacts. what size of needle would I use to vent while boiling? And would the needle be placed in the vial for the entire duration of the boiling? I assume that the vial should not come into contact with the surface of the pan/pot, correct? Basically, I nothing about how to properly boil vials of test.

I tried to find an online resource for boiling gear, but I couldn't come up with anything. Any help would be appreciated.
Don't vent it.
Just use a syringe to draw out some of the air in the vial (you want a light vacuum), then wrap the vial in a rag and drop it into the boiling water.