Question about calorie deficits

drixnak

Awards
I know this doesn't belong here but usually the people in here are the most knowledgeable. If I work out on an empty stomach every morning and burn 500 calories, but then have a maintenance level calorie intake, would I actually be losing 3500 calories per week still?

bashman

bashman

Awards
  • Established
I think you would but very slowly, more like a recomp. Eventually you would have to increase your cardio to lose more, or decrease calories.

I think you should stick with the basic principles of fat loss and ultimately "calories in vs calories out". Don't over complicate things.

chocolatemilk

chocolatemilk

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree, the most knowledgeable people I've found are on this section. But please keep it AAS related.

Yes. It's easier to run a calorie deficit diet by simply cutting out 500 calories from your diet over empty stomach morning jobs to burn 500 calories (although you get health benefits from this).

However I'm also a firm believer that cardio will result in a more slender appearance not to the fact of burnt calories, but the exercise specifics of how the legs are used, arms, stomach etc.

I would do the cardio because it's always good. But don't be too strict with it. If you miss a day of cardio, simply cut 500 calories from your diet that day :)

If it's a 500 deficit you're after...