First-timer seeking help

SLR450D

Awards
OK I plan on making this a rather lengthy post because I'm in a sort of "last-resort" situation.

This is me right now

Photo 23.jpg

Photo 30.jpg

Photo 33.jpg

I'm 18, 6'0, 155 lbs. (185 lb. goal) I am also an ectomorph.
As you all know, the problem with being an ectomorph is that your body refuses to build muscle no matter what measures are being taken once you reach your plateau, and in my case, the "ultra-mega" plateau.

At 16, I began my first ever exercise regime--strength training for 6 months eating 3000 calories a day. All was good the first 2 months, my body quickly developed from a 140 lb. bone rail into a 160 lb. skinny but toned build. Reasonable strength gains too. After 6 months I moved to the vigorous body building regime my personal trainer of 4 months had for me. But I've been going strong 6/week for 2 years now, varying things up a bit: attending kickboxing class 6/week; different gym exercises; taking a few months break, and ever since those first 2 months lapsed, I have not gained one single pound of mass, and my strength gains have come to a bare screeching halt. I have minimized my cardio and focused directly on muscle gains, increasing my daily caloric intake, but no luck.

I know a lot of people say "that's bull****. you must work harder, eat more, and try different things". In response, I just say you have no idea what I've done and how hard I've tried to gain something.

I promised myself from day one I would never take steroids. Steroids is now my last resort. I've thought about this long and hard and ultimately came to the conclusion that I have to use steroids for 3 months and follow a strict food and exercise schedule to achieve my 185 lb. goal. Reading many articles, I've found that testosterone enanthate would be best for me. I will also take arimidex and proscar in recommended doses simultaneously. I understand the hazards and side effects of all the drugs.

So given my stats and story, my (rather vague) question is, is steroids right for someone like me? And is my goal easily achievable? You guys probably know a lot more than me so although it may sound vague, I can follow a reliable answer.

PS. If after 2 months, no gains are attained via kickboxing, I will begin my steroid journey. I will post results.

radiodude

radiodude

Awards
You're way too young man. Do your research, years of it in fact, before you even think about it.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
Fight training like kickboxing will get you super lean and super cut. You need to do A LOT of research before you jump on steroids. You should know every impact they will have on your body along with pct.

You are still rather young and probably don't need test, but I would run a cycle of test first just to see where that gets you :-\

I would advise against steroids because of your age, but it's not like that will stop you if it's something you really want to do.

My advice? Be VERY cautious.

SLR450D

Awards
Running a cycle was my idea. If I like the gains ann whatnot I will do one more cycle. After that I will put steroids down and never touch them again.

I've done more research than my brain can handle about this.
I understand all the hazards I face.

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
LMAO

oh god, this is going to get so bad, if this isn't a troll.... I dunno what makes sense anymore

you dont eat enough, you dont lift right, and you don't try hard enough

I'm natural, an ectomorph, I eat like shiit, and I'm lazy with my training and I'm 190lbs at a low bf%

im sure you can get to 185lbs @ 6ft without AAS if you would do things right

and your personal trainer doesn't sound too good

SLR450D

Awards
LMAO

oh god, this is going to get so bad, if this isn't a troll.... I dunno what makes sense anymore

you dont eat enough, you dont lift right, and you don't try hard enough

I'm natural, an ectomorph, I eat like shiit, and I'm lazy with my training and I'm 190lbs at a low bf%

im sure you can get to 185lbs @ 6ft without AAS if you would do things right

and your personal trainer doesn't sound too good

exactly the response I get. I've initially started 3000 calories a day, then moved to 5000.
My technique in all exercises is top notch.
Believe me, I have done everything in my power. My personal trainer was amazing. He was shocked I didn't gain one pound during the course of training with him.
Before you jump to conclusions with what I've done, I'd take my word for it. Exercising and my schedules I follow is like my OCD. Don't you dare say I'm not doing enough.
Thanks.

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
exactly the response I get. I've initially started 3000 calories a day, then moved to 5000.
My technique in all exercises is top notch.
Believe me, I have done everything in my power. My personal trainer was amazing. He was shocked I didn't gain one pound during the course of training with him.
Before you jump to conclusions with what I've done, I'd take my word for it. Exercising and my schedules I follow is like my OCD. Don't you dare say I'm not doing enough.
Thanks.
well maybe you have fugged up hormones or something

but theres no way you can't gain weight with that

your muscles look untrained to me

post what you would do on a normal back workout

nosnmiveins

nosnmiveins

Awards
  • Established
i steer 18 year olds with a SOLID, great natural base AWAY from steroids.

kid u have zero base, u dont looke like uve lifted a weight in ur life....and that is because u dont eat and/or train correctly...steroids arent the answer

SLR450D

Awards
well maybe you have fugged up hormones or something

but theres no way you can't gain weight with that

your muscles look untrained to me

post what you would do on a normal back workout
Those were my thoughts exactly.

On a back workout I would start with my back exercises first, then onto my biceps.

I would start off with something different each session, such as sitting cable pulldowns at 120 lbs. I'd do about 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps and quickly lowering the weight when I am unable to exert another rep.
I'd then move to approx 40 lb. assisted pullups. 3 sets of 12, 10 and 8 reps. sometimes I will do another set of a lighter weight and force out 3 more reps.
I'd then do to cable pullbacks at 80-90 lbs. (pretending that there is a dime on my spine and I am trying to squish it by squeezing squeezing back)
If I felt like it I'd do a heavy set of bench lat pull up.
Id then do my bicep stuff.
Then I would do traps, raising shoulder and holding for 2 seconds, lowering and repeating. 3 sets of 10 about 100 lbs. adjusting weight accordingly.
then I'd do lower back on that bench sort of thing holding a 5 lb weight 3 sets.
I would do the last two mentioned in a speedy circuit.

That really gets the endorphins rushing.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
This is very dumb! First you claim to have promised yourself you wouldn't do steroids than as soon as the gains get harder you go to your "last resort" ? BS!!!! If someone wants to do steroids do them don't justify to yourself how you need them cause your poor genetics and everyone should feel sorry for you.

I was 166 so not quite as skinny as you bu still skinny so I know what it's like. The first several months are easy, anyone pushing very little effortt and eating a decent amount of food can build muscle especially since you were oviosuly way way underweight. So now that things stopped how do you gain more?

It's the same awnsers you don't wanna hear. First off stop kick boxing and all other non essential forms of cardio since it's burning up calories that you don't have to spare. You can start kick boxing again when you learn to eat enough.

Second eat more!!!!! You say you tried every avenue well have you ate 6000-8000 calories a day? Probably not, 3000 calories or so is not anywhere near a bulking diet for alot if ectos. So find ways to get more cals in, make your own weight gainer shakes. Here's mine
2 cups milk, 1/2 cup cocolate milk, 2 scoops protein, 1 cup oats, 2 tbsp peanut butter non natty kind, 1 tbps olive oil.
You can add another tbps of oilive oile and some ice cream if you need. Some times I throw in a bannana too. It makes a massive shake but learn to slam them as fast as you can.

You can also buy weight gainers with tons of sugar in it for more calories. Go and buy a bottle of olive oil and have some every meal, I mean really tear through thy bottle. Uping fat like crazy is not ideal but if you need the extra calories you need them. If you not gaining fat your not eating enough. Don't be afraid of a burger or 2 since they help get the calories in.
I know it's not ideal by alot if BBs standers but you sound like you need it.

Training make sure your on a solid routine. Don't listen to someone just cause they have a cert and get paid to train. Make sure not to over train and keep a log and beat it by a rep or 2 every workout. Focus on key mas exercises not as much isolation

Ps rememeber if your weight is not going up every other week than you not eating more calories than your body expended, so that means you need to eat more.

SLR450D

Awards
i steer 18 year olds with a SOLID, great natural base AWAY from steroids.

kid u have zero base, u dont looke like uve lifted a weight in ur life....and that is because u dont eat and/or train correctly...steroids arent the answer
It may LOOK like that. But that is not the case... as I tell everybody.

nobody believes me...

zachmanman

zachmanman

Awards
Those were my thoughts exactly.

On a back workout I would start with my back exercises first, then onto my biceps.

I would start off with something different each session, such as sitting cable pulldowns at 120 lbs. I'd do about 3 sets of 12, 10, 8 reps and quickly lowering the weight when I am unable to exert another rep.
I'd then move to approx 40 lb. assisted pullups. 3 sets of 12, 10 and 8 reps. sometimes I will do another set of a lighter weight and force out 3 more reps.
I'd then do to cable pullbacks at 80-90 lbs. (pretending that there is a dime on my spine and I am trying to squish it by squeezing squeezing back)
If I felt like it I'd do a heavy set of bench lat pull up.
Id then do my bicep stuff.
Then I would do traps, raising shoulder and holding for 2 seconds, lowering and repeating. 3 sets of 10 about 100 lbs. adjusting weight accordingly.
then I'd do lower back on that bench sort of thing holding a 5 lb weight.

That really gets the endorphins rushing.
here is part of your problem

base your lifting around compounds

on back day start with some deadlifts, then hit some weighted pullups, then go do some bb rows

get some freeweight going, use heavy weight

none of this machine BS

SLR450D

Awards
This is very dumb! First you claim to have promised yourself you wouldn't do steroids than as soon as the gains get harder you go to your "last resort" ? BS!!!! If someone wants to do steroids do them don't justify to yourself how you need them cause your poor genetics and everyone should feel sorry for you.

I was 166 so not quite as skinny as you bu still skinny so I know what it's like. The first several months are easy, anyone pushing very little effortt and eating a decent amount of food can build muscle especially since you were oviosuly way way underweight. So now that things stopped how do you gain more?

It's the same awnsers you don't wanna hear. First off stop kick boxing and all other non essential forms of cardio since it's burning up calories that you don't have to spare. You can start kick boxing again when you learn to eat enough.

Second eat more!!!!! You say you tried every avenue well have you ate 6000-8000 calories a day? Probably not, 3000 calories or so is not anywhere near a bulking diet for alot if ectos. So find ways to get more cals in, make your own weight gainer shakes. Here's mine
2 cups milk, 1/2 cup cocolate milk, 2 scoops protein, 1 cup oats, 2 tbsp peanut butter non natty kind, 1 tbps olive oil.
You can add another tbps of oilive oile and some ice cream if you need. Some times I throw in a bannana too. It makes a massive shake but learn to slam them as fast as you can.

You can also buy weight gainers with tons of sugar in it for more calories. Go and buy a bottle of olive oil and have some every meal, I mean really tear through thy bottle. Uping fat like crazy is not ideal but if you need the extra calories you need them. If you not gaining fat your not eating enough. Don't be afraid of a burger or 2 since they help get the calories in.
I know it's not ideal by alot if BBs standers but you sound like you need it.

Training make sure your on a solid routine. Don't listen to someone just cause they have a cert and get paid to train. Make sure not to over train and keep a log and beat it by a rep or 2 every workout. Focus on key mas exercises not as much isolation

Ps rememeber if your weight is not going up every other week than you not eating more calories than your body expended, so that means you need to eat more.
SIX THOUSAND CALRORIES A DAY? My stomach can barely handle 5000 nevermind six, or EIGHT. Eating is actually harder than the workouts.

I was big on olive oil awhile back. I also took fish oil capsules.

EDIT: I'm holding my protein whey source from LEANFIT called WHEY Protein Shake. 2g carbs, 25g protein. I have 1 scoop of it in 1.5 cup of milk once a day, sometimes twice.

SLR450D

Awards
here is part of your problem

base your lifting around compounds

on back day start with some deadlifts, then hit some weighted pullups, then go do some bb rows

get some freeweight going, use heavy weight

none of this machine BS
I did those exercises...
I plateaued my deadlift at 230 lbs. 5 reps
weighted pullups are undoable for me. my strength plateau only allows me to do 10 pullups unassisted.
bb rows don't do anything for me.

If steroids isn't the answer then I'm stuck in a rut. There is no way I can make any more gains..
On a side note, I see men with great muscular bodies at my gym who have the worst form and technique in their exercises.
I know one's musculature and how easy it is to develop is all based on genetics, and my genetics only allow me to go so far.

1ArmMan

1ArmMan

Awards
It may LOOK like that. But that is not the case... as I tell everybody.

nobody believes me...
You may think you are, but chances are you are not. These guys on these forums have been doing this A LONG time, some longer than you've been alive.

At least take their advice into consideration, you did ask for it. :x

SLR450D

Awards
You may think you are, but chances are you are not. These guys on these forums have been doing this A LONG time, some longer than you've been alive.

At least take their advice into consideration, you did ask for it. :x
I understand.

I have taken a lot of fitness forum's advice about body building just straight up working out; no anabolic usage. Did it.

I've given up on those comments. I KNOW I'm doing what is needed to build muscle. It just no one believes me, and because I'm so skinny, they think I'm doing it wrong.

Maybe I'll just stop working out for 3-4 years after I'm done kickboxing and start again.
I'll get back into it when my metabolism starts working in favor.
If nothing happens then, without a doubt in my mind I'm shooting up.
Thanks for the help guys.

ZamaMan

ZamaMan

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sigh.... Some people don't listen. You were big on olive oil and not now why?????
Why the hell are you drinking a protein shake with only 3 carbs in it?!!! This makes no sense I you need more calories. Either do my shakes I mentioned or get s weight gainer with 75 grams of sugar carbs. Not ideal but it will add several hundred calories. Drink more than one shake a day. Slams a shake before bed and just deal with sleeping in back because of full stomach. Again more olive oil.

Dont rotate your excercises like that it's not great for You IMO. You need the same excercise 1st and 2nd each week IMO because you need to bust past his plat, it needs to be a battle with your log book. Each and every week you go for 1 more rep as if your life depended on it.

Ps steriods are not miracle drugs. If you not eating enough to grow than they will do little for. You and you would potential e screwing yourself up for nothing. You seem to think that your hormones are messed up... Doubtful but there are a few people like that, but if you really were yeah steroids would help but you would still need to be eating enough to be gaining fat which you are not so they will do little to nothing.

SLR450D

Awards
Sigh.... Some people don't listen. You were big on olive oil and not now why?????
Why the hell are you drinking a protein shake with only 3 carbs in it?!!! This makes no sense I you need more calories. Either do my shakes I mentioned or get s weight gainer with 75 grams of sugar carbs. Not ideal but it will add several hundred calories. Drink more than one shake a day. Slams a shake before bed and just deal with sleeping in back because of full stomach. Again more olive oil.

Dont rotate your excercises like that it's not great for You IMO. You need the same excercise 1st and 2nd each week IMO because you need to bust past his plat, it needs to be a battle with your log book. Each and every week you go for 1 more rep as if your life depended on it.

Ps steriods are not miracle drugs. If you not eating enough to grow than they will do little for. You and you would potential e screwing yourself up for nothing. You seem to think that your hormones are messed up... Doubtful but there are a few people like that, but if you really were yeah steroids would help but you would still need to be eating enough to be gaining fat which you are not so they will do little to nothing.
"Some people don't listen".
I listen carefully. I follow what I am told.

"You were big on olive oil and not now why????? "
I was taking it for about a half year and then some. It did not help me gain weight so I did not continue taking it.

"Why the hell are you drinking a protein shake with only 3 carbs in it?!!"
I get my carbs from my other foods. Any more from the shake would be excess.

"Each and every week you go for 1 more rep as if your life depended on it. "
I exert the same amount of effort as you do. Once I reach a certain point, I am no longer able to lift again. This happens to be relatively the same number every time. Some days I can squeeze in that extra rep, others I cannot. I maintain the same weight. Please, don't assume I'm exaggerating. Nor am I not doing it properly. I follow online techniques from well known athletes.

"If you not eating enough to grow than they will do little for."
Any gains more than 5000 calories just isn't worth it. My stomach would prefer not to hurl it back up. 5000 is more than my body needs.

IMPORTANT NOTE:

With confidence, I can easily say I put in just as much effort as any body builder. It's just up to you to decide whether you believe me or not. Which no one evidently does so this argument will drive in circles.

I appreciate you taking the time to help, though.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
eat more bud, youre not eating enough pics dont lie.

also, if you juice and blow up like a blimp youre gonna lose 100% of your gains cuz you dont know how to eat. it isnt a magic ticket, you gotta work hard for your gains and even harder to keep them. it isnt a short cut, nor the first piece to the puzzle but the last.

get diet n training in order. focus on tons of carbs n proteins as much as you can eat and look into a routine like 5x5 for now.

no hate, jus stating facts. I went 143-215, you can too

post up your average daily diet and training, those are the basic foundations of weight lifting.:wavey:

:yup:

Ession

Awards
If you honestly believe you're an extreme ectomorph...an extreme hardgainer, then go here.

http://www.ironaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=65

Read the advice there, and then come to a conclusion. Best site for information ever.

I was one of those people doing the typical high volume ****, once I switched to something more akin to 5x5 I made substantial progress.

I went from 130-170, now im 165 with a lot less fat. But I still want to reach 180+